PS Two Picture off Center?

mick16

CAGiversary!
I finally bought a PS Two yesterday as I had a $100 Gift Card burning a hole in my pocket.

I hooked it up with an S-Video (also tried composite) and noticed that the picture was shifted to the right about three inches on my TV. I've got a 65" Widescreen Toshiba and I set the setting for Widescreen in the PS 2 menu and the picture and no matter what I do, its still shifting to the right.

I noticed that most games allow you to re-center the picture correctly, but even then it still doesn't fill the whole screen.

Is this normal or should I take it back and get a new one? Is there some setting I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

i have a 'similar' experience with my PSTwo as well. On your TV, there might be a way to recenter the picture using the manual settings. That ought to fix it.

I can scroll up or down with my TV in Theater Mode 2 or 3, but not in Normal, Theater 1, or Full modes. I can't scroll side to side in any settings though.

I don't think its my TV as I don't have this problem with my DirecTV, Xbox & Xbox 360 or DVD Player.

Is this just normal behavior for a PS Two?

Cool. Thanks. I didn't want to return it and get another one if it wasn't going to make a difference.

bread's done
Back