PS Vita $100 clearance at WalMart (YMMV?)

JKSonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Sorry I don't have more info, I'll make this a Wiki so anybody can edit it if they find the SKU/etc to share with others.  I really didn't think much of it, since my Walmart never has good deals I sort of just figured this was probably common.  If I'm able to get back later and scan it I will.  Just wanted to put this up to make people aware.

I don't know for sure about model or anything, it says this one is available at my store though and it looks to be the same box...if I find out it's not I'll edit this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-Vita-Handheld-with-WiFi/44900449

Fruitland, MD Walmart had two in stock, as well as a $10 game clearance bin (though the only really noteworthy game I saw was Dishonored Definitive edition on PS4).

Last edited by a moderator:
This question has been asked and debated so many times in the vita thread.
I own both (got them when they were cheaper months ago), personally I will pick the slim as it's much lighter for playing. The oled has more vibrant screen which everyone agrees, but it feels bulky once you have played with the slim and the screen of slim is not bad at all by itself.
The slim has been my everyday goto player. The oled has been kept purposely not updated, just before I wanted to sell it, henkaku came so it's now my experiment player.
$90 isn't a bad price these days for oled if it's at good condition, expect slim costs more.
Why not update?

Why not update?
Firmware 3.60 has a working piracy/homebrew exploit called Henkaku. Sony patched the firmware to 3.61 to block it but already firmware spoofing is working. In the long run it's going to be better to have the hackable firmware as Vita support rolls back just as fast as PSP support did.

Yeah that's a helluva find deal. I was kind of hoping stores would start clearing out their stock for $100 or so but looks like that isn't going to happen and I'd better just pay up the $170 average going rate now..
Sony and Nintendo are finding it's less costly to simply keep failing hardware prices the same and just not replenish stock than it is to keep making them but slashing the price.

Sony and Nintendo are finding it's less costly to simply keep failing hardware prices the same and just not replenish stock than it is to keep making them but slashing the price.
Might be in US market, but not in others. Sony released PS Vita of new colors once a while in last few years in Japan and Asia, for sure they didn't just repaint reused old stock :) I love my light blue Vita Slim.

And this time Sony made no time in releasing 2 new colors for Vita, I can only think the purpose is to fill the market with new 3.61 Vita as fast as possible.

Might be in US market, but not in others. Sony released PS Vita of new colors once a while in last few years in Japan and Asia, for sure they didn't just repaint reused old stock :) I love my light blue Vita Slim.

And this time Sony made no time in releasing 2 new colors for Vita, I can only think the purpose is to fill the market with new 3.61 Vita as fast as possible.
I love the Aqua Blue Vita as well, really nice color (got two of them). Too bad that GS sold out of all their Aqua Blue Vita consoles, it's very hard to find the NA version anymore. Of course you can still get this color in the Japanese version, which is good.

bread's done
Back