PS Vita 16GB Memory Card - $25 (Amazon)

Personally, I have been looking for a vita memory card deals. I am thinking that 16GB is pretty much all the space I would want, too. 

Not a bad deal. I would prefer maybe a 32GB at $50 because I head it is more difficult switching between memory cards on a Vita than  on the PSP.

Pretty good price (sad I know) and I feel this is the sweet spot for Vita memory.

With all of the PS plus games, sure it's going to be a tight fit along with psp and ps1 downloads. But you can tackle a bunch of sngle player games 3 at a time (to keep a variety) and then swap out the ones you finish for new ones. Should be plenty of room for the rest of your library/new games that crop up on PS plus.

I thought about splurging on a 64 gb but there's so many PS plus games I can just finish and delete. Don't need the entire catalog there if I'm not going to play them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I have been looking for a vita memory card deals. I am thinking that 16GB is pretty much all the space I would want, too.
If you have ps+ it's not. I got a 32 gb one used at Gamestop a while back for 50 something and don't regret it for a second.

In for one, thanks. I've spent a year now with just a 4GB card and though I tend to only play one game at a time, I've always wanted a little more space to be able to download PS+ titles and check them out without having to delete something else first.

Couldn't bring myself to spend more than $25 on more memory for the VIta so this will be just right for me.

I just went ahead for it. 16GB is all I would want for me is what I meant. I don't download many games nor will I need to here.

Thanks for posting the deal.

really good price, but almost all my vita games are from PS+ and my 16gb card filled up a while ago and I haven't done the delete/download thing.  One of the reasons why I tend to play my 3ds more than my vita, while the latter is gorgeous the games are pretty meh and the whole card thing is an absolute fiasco.  Its pretty much just a PS4 remote play screen for me at this point, and Sony has said recently they will not be making many (any?) new first party games exclusively for the vita.

For $25 I'd say go for it if you have a tiny card, but if you think you are gonna play your vita a LOT maybe hold off for a 32gb sale, swapping cards is a pain and they are tiny and easy to lose.  Sony massively, massively screwed up not using SD cards.  Has fuck all to do with piracy too, the 3DS uses sd cards and isn't widely pirated.

I'm debating on just selling my vita and getting a PS tv to play them on. Remote play doesn't work great and the fact that they aren't supporting this thing officially at all is just sad.

really good price, but almost all my vita games are from PS+ and my 16gb card filled up a while ago and I haven't done the delete/download thing. One of the reasons why I tend to play my 3ds more than my vita, while the latter is gorgeous the games are pretty meh and the whole card thing is an absolute fiasco. Its pretty much just a PS4 remote play screen for me at this point, and Sony has said recently they will not be making many (any?) new first party games exclusively for the vita.

For $25 I'd say go for it if you have a tiny card, but if you think you are gonna play your vita a LOT maybe hold off for a 32gb sale, swapping cards is a pain and they are tiny and easy to lose. Sony massively, massively screwed up not using SD cards. Has fuck all to do with piracy too, the 3DS uses sd cards and isn't widely pirated.
I'd love to see their internal research showing how much $ they might have saved by avoiding piracy with their proprietary memory cards.. vs. how much $ they have lost because they scared people away from the system with its super-expensive memory cards. And yeah, the 3DS seems to be doing fine despite using standard SD cards.

Not a bad deal. I would prefer maybe a 32GB at $50 because I head it is more difficult switching between memory cards on a Vita than on the PSP.
As far as I know, it is not difficult to switch cards as long as both cards have games for the same PSN account. If you are switching accounts, or even regions, then I heard it is a pain.

Not too happy that Sony has pretty much dumped this thing. I went to a Walmart and what did I see? An empty case where Vita games had been. They're not selling them at that store; possibly others as well. Frustrating as all hell.

Anyway, I'm tempted to get a card, but I won't be getting money for a few days so I fear I'll have to miss out on the sale. 16GB would *probably* be enough, but 32GB would be better.

What are people going to put on a 16GB card? I went to Gamestop and there were maybe five Vita games. Do you guys have a lot of pictures or music or something?

What are people going to put on a 16GB CARE? I went to Gamestop and there were maybe five Vita games. Do you guys have a lot of pictures or music or something?
I got a Vita this month, but have been digitally hoarding free games in my PSN account through PS Plus for years. All those games are downloaded to the card.

Also, my Vita came with a code for Borderlands 2 which is a huge download.

Lots of online downloads. The system doesn't just play PS Vita games; it runs the lion's share of PSP and PSOne games as well.

It was kinda strange how Sony has treated the Vita. They are really selling out on its features with PS4 but nothing else besides that. I didnt see anything announced at E3 besides Grim Fandango for Vita

What are people going to put on a 16GB card? I went to Gamestop and there were maybe five Vita games. Do you guys have a lot of pictures or music or something?
It goes great with PS Plus. Two to three games a month, I've gotten several really great ones in the past year for the Vita - and discounts. In general, if you have a Vita, downloadable is the way to go - which means you need space. I like physical media in general, but the way they did the slot in the Vita, it is just a hassle to change out. 16 GB has proven to be very roomy for me. You have almost the whole PSP library (there are many gems in there, the Capcom Arcade Collections are standouts for me - great on the go), and Vita games which can be a challenge to find at retail at times.

As far as I know, it is not difficult to switch cards as long as both cards have games for the same PSN account. If you are switching accounts, or even regions, then I heard it is a pain.
The problem with switching cards is that you have to shut the system down to do it. You can't just hot swap them while it's running. Then, when you restart it has to rebuild its database. It's not the worst process ever, but it isn't very streamlined or convenient. And yes, these cards fill up so fast.

You don't put the physical copies of the games on the memory cards. You just put those in the system and play them. You put games you download from PSN on the memory cards.

I know Sony wanted to use their own memory card for whatever reasons *$$$$$*cough* but it feels ridiculous paying $25 for 16GB's when just recently there has been 64GB SD cards for the same price..

What section were you in? I've never seen so few Vita games at my Gamestop. But really the memory card is for the large library of digital games available. Those dwarf the # of physical games available and quite a few are very good.

I just got the BL2 bundle and I really want something bigger than the 8GB BUT I'm doing a decent job downloading, playing and then deleting the games. No need to keep them all stored when I can't play them all at once. Plus P4G owns my life atm, I don't know if I really need this 16GB for $25. If it was 32GB somehow I'd be all over it.

I don't know, I think I'll hold out for 16GB at $20 or less on clearance. So many stores at clearing out their Vita stuff I feel like its got to happen soon. Been seeing clearance 4GB/8GB so much 16GB has to be on the way.

Hopefully Sony announces a price drop at Gamescom, 16GB for $24.99 and 64GB incoming for $59.99 ideally

Thanks for pointing the deal out.  I'm flying to Japan, so I am putting the Game Of Thrones Series on my Vita to watch on the plane.  This will definitely help out with that.

Oh man, the Vita has digital games?!

Also, PSP/PS1 games are awful, so no one cares about those.
I care. And you know, several other people on the internet with different tastes then you.

But look two wrestling fans shouldn't be fighting like this,.... (looks menancing behind ProfessorStotch while holding steel chair)

As a vita owner with a 16gb card; I'd say its a good size. You can keep the game you're currently playing, 4-10 more to choose from next, and a handful of psp/ps1 games on the system at once. Unless you refuse to delete games when you're done with them (and you can always redownload later) 16gb is plenty.

As a vita owner with a 16gb card; I'd say its a good size. You can keep the game you're currently playing, 4-10 more to choose from next, and a handful of psp/ps1 games on the system at once. Unless you refuse to delete games when you're done with them (and you can always redownload later) 16gb is plenty.
This is my plan and the reason I picked up this 16GB.

I don't need to carry every possible game I own around with me all the time, but I only have a 4GB card right now which means that if I download Mortal Kombat then I don't have enough room for any other non-indie games at the same time. 16 GB should be plenty for my style (try to beat a game before I start another one, or else the backlog never gets smaller) and $25 is about the max I'm willing to spend for the convenience of more storage.

I got a Vita this month, but have been digitally hoarding free games in my PSN account through PS Plus for years. All those games are downloaded to the card.

Also, my Vita came with a code for Borderlands 2 which is a huge download.
Just leave it alone, he's trolling you. Go to the PSN thread, he spends a lot of his time on CAG.

I was contemplating this but I already have a 32gig and 16gig filled. why would I need more. Leave me alone Cag impulses!

edit - my full memory cards are influencing the games I play. I need to beat/delete escape plan now because it's over 2 gig. crazy

I forgot I had $10 in Best Buy certs so I price matched this at my local BB and used by certs, got the 16GB card for only $16.23 with tax. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I knew I was saving those certs for something.

Also, I had how the restore process takes longer than the back up. I backed up like 6GBs from my 8GB card and it took 45mins but the restore has already taken an hour and its maybe 60% done.

today was a good day!!

they were test driving Lincolns at my office for some reason... and in return you get a $25 gift card!!

what made it sweeter was that the car I drove jus happened to be playing Aint Nothin but a G Thang and Wu Tang Clan Aint Nothin To F With!!

took my gift card, price matched at the Best Buy, walked out with a 16 giga vita card with less than $2 out of pocket!!

also worth mentioning I've been in the market for one of these for a while... been selling on ebay to make the funds for a card so now I can use that money for something else!

If you have a Sony credit card, for 7,999 sony reward points (+tax) you can get a 32gb Vita card.  Now those same 8k points can turn into $80 of PSN credit, so in effect you are paying $80 for a 32gb vita card which is a pretty bad deal, but if you'd rather have a vita card than $80 in PSN credit and don't see anything else on the Sony rewards site you want it might be good.

They also have a 16gb card for like 5k points

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/

what a stupid comment, definetly get educated about a system sofware library before making those statements, try a bit harder not to show your ignorance and hate for the handheld

bread's done
Back