PS Vita 32GB memory card - $54.49 at Best Buy with PM - YMMV

macschwag14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
For those in need of memory for the PS Vita, Best Buy is PMing Hastings' online price of $54.49 for the 32GB memory cards (http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/PlayStation-Vita-32GB-Memory-Card/sku/286553271.uts). 

It didn't matter that the card is out of stock online at Hastings, the cashier PMed it with no fuss. I probably could have showed her the used price and had it go through for $40. May be YMMV for some stores. She matched it with "online store - other" in the options if this helps anybody. 

Still overpriced, but way better than the MSRP. 

Apologies if repost. 

Yeah good luck with this. I tried doing this last week and they refused to go below their cost. Gave it to me for $70 which is price they buy it for.

They really need to drop the MSRP on Vita memory cards, that's one of the big reasons I traded mine in since I was able to get back what I paid for it.

There's strong rumors that SONY is going to discontinue the 4GB cards, introduce 64GB cards (finally!), and then drop the price of each card down to what the one size smaller is currently (eg.  32GB price will be dropped to current price of 16GB, etc.).

In other words, don't stress out too much if you can't make this deal happen b/c there's a price drop on the cards coming real soon.

Wish I had known about Gohastings sale. I keep on missing the deals on the 32gb memory cards for around $50!

At least I got the 16gb really cheap. When did gohastings have the sale on these? Wonder how long im gonna have to wait for some deals on these or for sony to release a 64mb card with the removal of the 100app limit.

There's strong rumors that SONY is going to discontinue the 4GB cards, introduce 64GB cards (finally!), and then drop the price of each card down to what the one size smaller is currently (eg. 32GB price will be dropped to current price of 16GB, etc.).

In other words, don't stress out too much if you can't make this deal happen b/c there's a price drop on the cards coming real soon.
Yeah, I don't know how strong the rumors are, but they need to get rid of that 4GB card for sure(or include it free with every system). That card is useless for anything but booting up the Vita. If u want to download anything, it's almost useless after the first game.

I would love to see some bigger cards and cheaper options, but I won't be holding my breath(but my fingers are crossed).

This type of posting pretty much sucks for everyone but the OP. BB never pms stuff like this, hell they won't even PM legitimate deals let alone crap like this. Please stop wasting everyone's time, thanks.

I'll just say that if you can get a PM for this @ BB this is a really good deal... But i already have mi a 16gig and im not using any space yet so i'll wait and see if it drops any further... But yeah Tbh i love my vita but it does need more game than what im enjoying on the 3ds :\ I got Project X zone on 3ds and Muramasa recently on vita and Project x zone has most of my time right now. 

I have both the 3DS and Vita (target pm'ed at BB for 160 and 170 Amazon BF AC:L bundle deal respectively).  If the Vita lowered the price of its memory cards and has a series of Open 3D platformers/action-adventure like Mario galaxy on it, it would blow the 3DS out of the water but right now and forseeable future, the 3DS is killing the Vita on releases. Even though most of the 3DS are updated stuff, its really good stuff.  Vita has too many niche stuff and not enough just plain fun 3rd person action/exploration games for me.

Hey guys I tried to exploit this deal but failed at the NY BBY's lolo. Heres a simple solution that actually worked for me because I needed a memory card bad. Ps+ with a 4gb card just won't work.

I can't post links yet but look up bestbuybusinessDOTcom and they still have the Ps Vita 16gb.

$29.99 for the 16gb if there are still people who didn't get a chance back then. BBY took down the 16gb'a from their original site but it still shows on their business site. Went to Target for a pricematch and they didn't give me any trouble.

I just tried to pricematch this but the manager turned it down. he looked at the diffrence and shook his head 'no' at one of his underlings...however the claim for not pricematching was "it's not on an approved list of pricematches." so can i get a 800# to call a CS rep?

sorry for bumping, but today's the perfect time to grab this card at 54$, i can return my recently purchased MK, and 8gb memory cards, get roughly 35$ for them...dl MK off the PSN sale, and grab this card for roughly 30$ of new money not already allocated to vita...

...man, btw, CAGROCKS! i got my vita for 120$, and PSN for 39$ offa cag...tie that in with 1 mnth free gamefly....i'm sitting pretty!

sorry for bumping, but today's the perfect time to grab this card at 54$, i can return my recently purchased MK, and 8gb memory cards, get roughly 35$ for them...dl MK off the PSN sale, and grab this card for roughly 30$ of new money not already allocated to vita...

...man, btw, CAGROCKS! i got my vita for 120$, and PSN for 39$ offa cag...tie that in with 1 mnth free gamefly....i'm sitting pretty!
I don't think we ever seen a $120 sale for Vita on CAG, unless you are talking about used. Or you are one of those "XXX after GC and certs" posters...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we ever seen a $120 sale for Vita on CAG, unless you are talking about used. Or you are one of those "XXX after GC and certs" posters...
yes it's the used one. came in halfway decent condition. i plan on playing the loving fullness of it. the resale of it isn't going to happen. it was carefully scurtinized on arrival for return, however it passed q/a. wifi, disc/sd read/write, ports, screen, etc... it's missing the covers to where you slide in the game, and the lower left curve is broken/shaved off. I still have my old used psp...still play dissidia duodecim on it. LOVE THAT PSP!

Still a proud owner of a 4GB. I usually never play multiple games at the same time, so as long as I can install at least two full VITA games on the memory card, I'm happy with that until the 32GB drops to the $40-50 range.

Both systems have their strengths and weakness and, in the end, we're fortunate as gamers to have both of them. Let's not turn this thread into a fanboy argument.
Amen.

I just tried to pricematch this but the manager turned it down. he looked at the diffrence and shook his head 'no' at one of his underlings...however the claim for not pricematching was "it's not on an approved list of pricematches." so can i get a 800# to call a CS rep?
He's right though, gohastings is not on the list of online stores they price match.

I was told that Hastings was not one of their recognized online retailers they would price match? I smell some BS. 

I was told that Hastings was not one of their recognized online retailers they would price match? I smell some BS.
It's not. Here is a list (taken from this website)

Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®.

I can post a pic of my receipt as well if it helps someone PM. Again, if it helps, when my cashier did the PM she selected the "online store - other" option from the list of competitors on her computer. It's at the very bottom of the competitor's list. When she typed in "GoHastings.com" into the box that popped up from that option, there was no message or manager approval needed. 

Sorry for the headache this has caused for some as well as the need to complain about this that it has caused in others. It wasn't posted to brag. It seemed like a good deal, it worked for me, and I was hoping it would work for others. 

Hey guys I tried to exploit this deal but failed at the NY BBY's lolo. Heres a simple solution that actually worked for me because I needed a memory card bad. Ps+ with a 4gb card just won't work.

I can't post links yet but look up bestbuybusinessDOTcom and they still have the Ps Vita 16gb.

$29.99 for the 16gb if there are still people who didn't get a chance back then. BBY took down the 16gb'a from their original site but it still shows on their business site. Went to Target for a pricematch and they didn't give me any trouble.
Tried this today, was in and out of Target in 5 minutes. Even avoided the mean lady who wouldn't let me do the skylanders trick ^_^

Thanks OP! Got it yesterday at Best Buy. They price matched with a bit of work. At first they said they did pm gohastings, but I told them I had a friend who just got it pm'd and they were told it just had to be listed as other :)

Went through great and got the card for $54 plus tax. Been looking for a deal on the 32gb card, so thanks again!

bread's done
Back