PS Vita Bundle AC, CoD Pre-Order Bundle

SSchmidt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
While I find them to be great deals, they are MSRP.
All the Vita consoles with a game cost the same price as one without.

I find it funny how their strategy is so much different than Nintendo's when the 3DS started to flounder. They aggressively dropped the price. Instead Sony is trying to add value to the same price.

Its early, but I am thinking Nintendo made the wiser decision in this instance. :)

[quote name='Carbonite']While I find them to be great deals, they are MSRP.

I find it funny how their strategy is so much different than Nintendo's when the 3DS started to flounder. They aggressively dropped the price. Instead Sony is trying to add value to the same price.

Its early, but I am thinking Nintendo made the wiser decision in this instance. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, this remains to be seen. True, neither the PSP nor the PS3 had this rough a start, but if those two are any indication, Sony is used to digging itself out of holes.

In regards to this "deal", as you are a newbie, I suppose we should lend some advice. ;) First off, yes, this is MSRP (Merchant Suggested Retail Price, aka FULL price) and while there is a superior amount of value in this package by contrast to the vanilla WiFi console, it is still not technically a deal since it's still full price. And I'm sure many users here will agree that these bundles are going to be much less expensive not even that far along the road (they constantly add $50 gift cards to these bundles, even on release week like they did with the Madden one). And, assuming you're talking about trading in your Vita at Best Buy or GameStop or another retailer that will give you credit/cash rather than actually selling it through other avenues like eBay, then that is definitely ill-considered, especially because these bundles are full priced. You're going to be losing quite a bit of money on this.

My suggestion? Unless you absoutely HAVE to have a white Vita, you shouldn't blow more money on this. Keep your current Vita, and if you want ACL and/or CODBOD and/or the 4gb memory card, better deals can be had. For example, I have ACL preordered at NewEgg for $30, no tax. These deals come up frequently, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

Anyway, if this was completely unnecessary, then I apologize. Just trying to help out.

I think it's a shame that pack-in games aren't standard anymore. Getting Tetris with my original GameBoy or Super Mario World with my SNES as a kid made it feel like a complete package, and from a family point of view, dropping $200 on a new console was more justified because it had everything you needed to play the day you got it. $250 for a Vita plus a AAA title and a memory card is way more enticing because the cost of entry is more like $300-350 to actually use it. Honestly, Uncharted should have been a pack-in or a voucher download.

[quote name='Carbonite']While I find them to be great deals, they are MSRP.

Its early, but I am thinking Nintendo made the wiser decision in this instance. :)[/QUOTE]

I think Nintendo did too. As a huge Sony fan, :imwithst: I wonder what's going on with the Marketing here and why we haven't seen a significant price drop. I'm sure (hopeful) we will see some marketing and more (cheaper?) bundles come as the holiday quickly approaches.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Well, this remains to be seen. True, neither the PSP nor the PS3 had this rough a start, but if those two are any indication, Sony is used to digging itself out of holes.

In regards to this "deal", as you are a newbie, I suppose we should lend some advice. ;) First off, yes, this is MSRP (Merchant Suggested Retail Price, aka FULL price) and while there is a superior amount of value in this package by contrast to the vanilla WiFi console, it is still not technically a deal since it's still full price. And I'm sure many users here will agree that these bundles are going to be much less expensive not even that far along the road (they constantly add $50 gift cards to these bundles, even on release week like they did with the Madden one). And, assuming you're talking about trading in your Vita at Best Buy or GameStop or another retailer that will give you credit/cash rather than actually selling it through other avenues like eBay, then that is definitely ill-considered, especially because these bundles are full priced. You're going to be losing quite a bit of money on this.

My suggestion? Unless you absoutely HAVE to have a white Vita, you shouldn't blow more money on this. Keep your current Vita, and if you want ACL and/or CODBOD and/or the 4gb memory card, better deals can be had. For example, I have ACL preordered at NewEgg for $30, no tax. These deals come up frequently, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

Anyway, if this was completely unnecessary, then I apologize. Just trying to help out.[/QUOTE]

THIS. Perhaps this thread should be closed?

Anyways, I was planning on flipping my black Vita on Ebay, but looking at the prices, theres not much room to be had. My memory card 16g is full and I plan on getting AC:L either way. Not only that, but the idea of a white Vita is just appealing to me. So this package was just a good fit it seems.
But then again, I can get a new AC:L for $30, 4gb mem card will be filled up in no time, and I suppose the color of a Vita isn't that big of a deal.

Having said, while i've been lurking here for quite some time (never a member) the MSRP is still the MSRP so not only is this not a "deal" but I have fallen flat on my face. Ouch!! :wall:

[quote name='SSchmidt']THIS. Perhaps this thread should be closed?

Anyways, I was planning on flipping my black Vita on Ebay, but looking at the prices, theres not much room to be had. My memory card 16g is full and I plan on getting AC:L either way. Not only that, but the idea of a white Vita is just appealing to me. So this package was just a good fit it seems.
But then again, I can get a new AC:L for $30, 4gb mem card will be filled up in no time, and I suppose the color of a Vita isn't that big of a deal.

Having said, while i've been lurking here for quite some time (never a member) the MSRP is still the MSRP so not only is this not a "deal" but I have fallen flat on my face. Ouch!! :wall:[/QUOTE]

no worries man, happens to the best of us :bouncy:

I miss the days when you buy a console and not care about the price. I even miss the days when a demo disc or game came bundled with the system. My friends ragged on me because I rented a few games when I bought my Xbox 360 Pro model. I didn't care though.

As far as those bundles are concerned, COD looks like crap. I wouldn't trade in my Vita for that bundle. Assassin's Creed looks good though.

The Vita is going to be even better when PS+ makes it way to the console.

bread's done
Back