PS Vita Cover Art

Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I got a new laser printer and it's amazing for printing covers. if anyone is interested I'll post the model and paper I use. Also, what's the preferred scan quality? I can scan some covers that people have requested here.
300 dpi or better works. I've used glossy photo paper for one of the covers I printed, but it was definitely more rigid than retail covers. What kind of paper do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I got a new laser printer and it's amazing for printing covers. if anyone is interested I'll post the model and paper I use. Also, what's the preferred scan quality? I can scan some covers that people have requested here.
Which printer was it as I am looking for a good laser printer I heard brother is one of the best brands for it

300 dpi or better works. I've used glossy photo paper for one of the covers I printed, but it was definitely more rigid than retail covers. What kind of paper do you use?
Which printer was it as I am looking for a good laser printer I heard brother is one of the best brands for it
I'm using the Canon ImageClass MF624Cw. Got it during a bb deal of the day for $190. I'm not sure if it's the best possible laser printer, but my cover prints look and feel pretty close to original covers. Not perfect, but close enough that you can only tell if you are looking very closely.

The paper I use is HP Premium Presentation Paper 120g Glossy. I took a game cover with me to Office Depot and asked the guy there for something that matched it. He then proceeded to open up about 15 reams of paper looking for the closest match. This was the best that we found and it's pretty damn close. It's a little heavier than a regular cover, but it feels right.

I've linked the legal sized paper, but at Office Depot they only had 8.5x11. I remember it being around $10, but the legal size is significantly more expensive at $40, but I bet people can shop around.

I have a few awd games that didn't come with cases so I'm thinking of doing a video on making a few covers.

I'm using the Canon ImageClass MF624Cw. Got it during a bb deal of the day for $190. I'm not sure if it's the best possible laser printer, but my cover prints look and feel pretty close to original covers. Not perfect, but close enough that you can only tell if you are looking very closely.

The paper I use is HP Premium Presentation Paper 120g Glossy. I took a game cover with me to Office Depot and asked the guy there for something that matched it. He then proceeded to open up about 15 reams of paper looking for the closest match. This was the best that we found and it's pretty damn close. It's a little heavier than a regular cover, but it feels right.

I've linked the legal sized paper, but at Office Depot they only had 8.5x11. I remember it being around $10, but the legal size is significantly more expensive at $40, but I bet people can shop around.

I have a few awd games that didn't come with cases so I'm thinking of doing a video on making a few covers.
Yes please?! :)

I just purchased this same printer. How are the scanning capabilities on it? I'm going to start scanning this weekend.

I do have about 25 games out of 150 that do not have covers, such as Madden 13 and MMA Supremacy :/

I do have a case for One Piece Unlimited World Red, but it is the only game that I have no idea where I placed the case...

What I DO have though I will try and scan and post.

Alright, thankeep you. I'll try and make sure the scans I make are sized correctly. I touched the coloring up on this one too, I'll do the same for others. I only plan on scanning in those that I don't see out there anywhere, but any that are already out there will be included in the imgur album.

Coincidentally, I used the matte version of this paper to print my first cover (well.. the first one I'm happy with) I was looking for some brochure paper I had seen recommended before but found that cheap instead (paid about $8.) I have an inkjet printer so I think my options are a little more limited, I had tried some random glossy paper before and the ink didn't absorb very well into the paper. Anyway, at first I was worried the colors looked too dark, but once I got it on the cover it actually looks pretty decent!

-No gloss finish

-Colors probably are a bit too dark

-Paper feels thicker and coarser than original

+Looks pretty good in the case which is all I'm really looking for

7.5/10

Decent option if you're not looking to spend much on your covers.

I used the Premium Presentation Paper that HP offers. It's about $10 for 250 sheets at Office Depot.

In other news........ I ordered a complete copy of Madden 13 even though I already own the game. I couldn't find ANYONE that had the actual box and the cover art is not up on any site I looked at. It cost me $40, but I hope to recoup most of that once I'm done scanning in the art. FOR THE CAUSE!!!! 

I also went ahead and ordered a new copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red from Gamestop's site. Should have it in about a week, and I'll scan it as well. 

I'm just messing with my scan settings a bit more to get better quality scans, then I'll start the process of scanning in all of my covers. I WONT be scanning in covers that already have a NA scan out there on the internet, but will likely add them to my imgur album. Once I get everything scanned in, I may submit all of them to thecoverproject to be posted on their site. (If they will accept it) 

Not sure yet if I will scan all of my asian english copies, as I think most people that have them probably kept their case intact. If there is a request though I'll be happy to help out. 

Oh! I also found a complete copy of MMA Supremacy on gameflip.com , so when that arrives I will get that scanned as well. (I paid $23 for it, so I got a hell of a deal) 

I used the Premium Presentation Paper that HP offers. It's about $10 for 250 sheets at Office Depot.

In other news........ I ordered a complete copy of Madden 13 even though I already own the game. I couldn't find ANYONE that had the actual box and the cover art is not up on any site I looked at. It cost me $40, but I hope to recoup most of that once I'm done scanning in the art. FOR THE CAUSE!!!!

I also went ahead and ordered a new copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red from Gamestop's site. Should have it in about a week, and I'll scan it as well.

I'm just messing with my scan settings a bit more to get better quality scans, then I'll start the process of scanning in all of my covers. I WONT be scanning in covers that already have a NA scan out there on the internet, but will likely add them to my imgur album. Once I get everything scanned in, I may submit all of them to thecoverproject to be posted on their site. (If they will accept it)

Not sure yet if I will scan all of my asian english copies, as I think most people that have them probably kept their case intact. If there is a request though I'll be happy to help out.

Oh! I also found a complete copy of MMA Supremacy on gameflip.com , so when that arrives I will get that scanned as well. (I paid $23 for it, so I got a hell of a deal)
Please do!

Currently still seeking these

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

Toukiden: Kiwami

Demon Gaze

Conception II

Please do!

Currently still seeking these

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

Toukiden: Kiwami

Demon Gaze

Conception II
I have all of those except One Piece (I have an extra complete copy delivered next week). My Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is technically complete but my 2 year old drooled on it months ago and the cover thus is not in good condition at all. I'll hit up my manager friend at Gamestop though, and he may let me either take the cover art from one of his copies or let me borrow it to scan it. Either way I'll try and get a scan.

I'll scan the other ones you need as soon as possible though, hopefully tonight. :)

Apologies for the double post. Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Toukiden: Kiwami, Demon Gaze, and Conception II have all been scanned and uploaded to my album on imgur. 

Will try and do some more tonight, the next few days are going to take up a lot of my time. My son's birthday is tomorrow and mine is the day after! 

imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/0As4R

Apologies for the double post. Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Toukiden: Kiwami, Demon Gaze, and Conception II have all been scanned and uploaded to my album on imgur.

Will try and do some more tonight, the next few days are going to take up a lot of my time. My son's birthday is tomorrow and mine is the day after!

imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/0As4R
Amazing! thanks again!

I am also on the hunt for Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth might be harder to get...

Amazing! thanks again!

I am also on the hunt for Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth might be harder to get...
I have it. I'll add it to the album tonight, so keep an eye out for it. I'll upload Norn9 too just in case. I'll eventually get to all of them, just short on time this week.

A few I need that should be pretty easy:

Lego Lord of the Rings

Putty Squad

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

MLB 14 The Show (No idea why I don't have this one)

Disgaea 3

I believe there are some others but I'm not home right now.

EDIT: Album is updated with both X-Blaze games, Norn 9, Steins:Gate, and Code: Realize

Someone on the Limitedrungames forums offered to scan the Retro City Rampage DX cover, so hopefully I'll have that in a few days. I refuse to open my sealed copy :p

Decent update to the album today.... Added most of the sports games to the scans. 

Included in the additions:

MLB 12, 13, 15 (I need 14) 

Hot Shots Golf

Virtua Tennis 4

FIFA Soccer

FIFA Soccer 13, 14 and 15

AND 

Madden 13

Supremacy MMA 

I'm needing a scan of Criminal Girls: Invite Only and Ys: Memories of Celceta if anyone has these available. Preferably NA but will take any to have something other than Gamestop inserts.

Thank you!

I'm needing a scan of Criminal Girls: Invite Only and Ys: Memories of Celceta if anyone has these available. Preferably NA but will take any to have something other than Gamestop inserts.

Thank you!
Anime gif first,

8b853217d17f0c4f32106b8b34338f7a.gif

now that that's out of the way,

Criminal Girls,

MvcoPo6.jpg

Ys Memories of Celceta

psnhVCy.jpg

Pressing matters first,

toradora0911.gif

Also in need of these now:

P5VbRYr.jpg

OJq3gWa.jpg

Lego Lord of the Rings
Putty Squad

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

MLB 14 The Show (No idea why I don't have this one)

Disgaea 3
Got you on MLB 14, so let me know if you need the others too.

MLB 14 The Show

I8U1AZM.jpg

Pressing matters first,

toradora0911.gif

P5VbRYr.jpg

OJq3gWa.jpg

Got you on MLB 14, so let me know if you need the others too.

MLB 14 The Show
I8U1AZM.jpg
Thanks SH. Still need the others if possible.

Plan on scanning quite a few more tonight to add to the album.

Thanks. I don't care what anyone else says about you, you are ok in my book :)
Who are these people?

WHAT IS THIS?!??!

tumblr_m2u1b8bnSL1qanahpo1_500.gif

Any who...

Disgaea 3

EBQN9mA.jpg

Putty Squad

4xJJWLL.jpg

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

XlEu0Al.jpg

LEGO Lord of the Rings

hzhw1J5.jpg

Thanks for these. Any chance I could get Lego Lord of the Rings?
I'll do a batch of scans tomorrow, so if there's anything else you're looking for, just make another list for me tomorrow, and I'll get to them sometime tomorrow.

This offer is good for for others too.

Scans for everyone!

I'm only doing US covers, but I do have Akiba, Dynasty Warriors Next, and Final Fantasy X-2 physical Asia. (Didn't get FFX Asia because it was already released in physical here in the US) I'll upload the 2 US covers tonight...Not sure I want to open my FF-X2

Another 25 scans uploaded to my album, including Akiba's Trip and Dynasty Warriors Next.

In all about 1/3 of the entire VITA collection is available in my album, not including those SquareHard has scanned or those earlier in the thread. 

With all of your permission, I'd like to add the scans you all linked earlier in the thread to the album if possible. I will credit you in the description. Just trying to get them all in one place, and hopefully turn them over to thecoverproject eventually. 

ALSO....Silly Squarehard, you labeled it Lego Harry Potter but scanned in Lego Lord of the Rings, which is what I requested. That'll teach me to not check the image!  (Thank you!) 

Do you happen to have Dragon's Crown? 

Another 25 scans uploaded to my album, including Akiba's Trip and Dynasty Warriors Next.

In all about 1/3 of the entire VITA collection is available in my album, not including those SquareHard has scanned or those earlier in the thread.

With all of your permission, I'd like to add the scans you all linked earlier in the thread to the album if possible. I will credit you in the description. Just trying to get them all in one place, and hopefully turn them over to thecoverproject eventually.

ALSO....Silly Squarehard, you labeled it Lego Harry Potter but scanned in Lego Lord of the Rings, which is what I requested. That'll teach me to not check the image! (Thank you!)

Do you happen to have Dragon's Crown?
I have all the LEGO games, so I got confused, lol.

Request fulfilled! :D

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with this thread.  Still haven't found the time to do a video, but I did do a test run printing out a Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2.  It might be easier for me to just write up google doc.  Anyway, how do we get a wiki on this thing?  Would be nice if we would know who needed what scans of stuff.

Thank you volt1up for the link with the better view. 

I have uploaded ALL scans in this thread and have given credit to each poster. 

I will hit covergalaxy next and see if I can fill in some spaces, as well as look at the vita subreddit to see if I can do the same. While I could scan them all again, there's no point in repeating work others have already done! 

Thank you volt1up for the link with the better view.

I have uploaded ALL scans in this thread and have given credit to each poster.

I will hit covergalaxy next and see if I can fill in some spaces, as well as look at the vita subreddit to see if I can do the same. While I could scan them all again, there's no point in repeating work others have already done!
Wow, this thread really picked up steam recently. Thanks for all the hard work Vaniel, and good job compiling all the scans.

So now the question is... If i dont own a printer to do all these whats my next best option?

Or If someone was willing to print select titles and mail them to me for a small fee I would be willing to PayPal or Amazon Payment if possible :)

So now the question is... If i dont own a printer to do all these whats my next best option?
I've had luck at Office Depot. They are not supposed to print copyright material, but I've never had anyone tell me they wouldn't do it.

Best way I've found to do this is make a powerpoint presentation and scale the slides to the exact dimensions of the cover art and make sure when they print it they don't scale to page. Make sure it's just 100% scale.

I have all the LEGO games, so I got confused, lol.

Request fulfilled! :D
Squarehard, turns out I need the following:

Army Corps of Hell

Dragon's Crown

Hyperdimension Noire (Kid drooled on this one)

Unit 13

Valhalla Knights 3

Superbeat Xonic (I have that $100 limited edition with the vinyl records, and I kinda don't want to open it)

Once I am able to find those, the ENTIRE vita collection should be complete!

Army Corps of Hell

Dragon's Crown

Unit 13

Valhalla Knights 3

Superbeat Xonic (I have that $100 limited edition with the vinyl records, and I kinda don't want to open it)

I got you on all except Superbeat, since I don't want to open mine either, so you'll have to wait until I find myself an opened copy for cheap. ;D

I'll get these up for you tomorrow.

I can scan superbeat, I'll try to do it tonight. I thought Army Corps of Hell was already scanned but it's region 2. Neither of you has Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z then, right?

Army Corps of Hell
Dragon's Crown
Unit 13
Valhalla Knights 3

Just to save Squarehard some time, i've already got scans for Hyperdevotion Noire.

Front

t6IUfbP.jpg

Reverse

gYOIi4K.jpg

Credit goes to Thulsa790 on reddit. He's the guy who originally posted a bunch of vita scans and I asked him a while ago if he had Hyperdevotion Noire. Luckily he did, but I was too lazy to post it here.

I can scan superbeat, I'll try to do it tonight. I thought Army Corps of Hell was already scanned but it's region 2. Neither of you has Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z then, right?
Not yet. :*(

Just to save Squarehard some time, i've already got scans for Hyperdevotion Noire.

Front

t6IUfbP.jpg

Reverse

gYOIi4K.jpg

Credit goes to Thulsa790 on reddit. He's the guy who originally posted a bunch of vita scans and I asked him a while ago if he had Hyperdevotion Noire. Luckily he did, but I was too lazy to post it here.
One down! :D

I can scan superbeat, I'll try to do it tonight. I thought Army Corps of Hell was already scanned but it's region 2. Neither of you has Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z then, right?
I don't but have been thinking about picking it up. Are you needing the EU cover?

First,

giphy.gif

now, business,

Army Corps of Hell

Dragon's Crown

Unit 13

Valhalla Knights 3
Army Corps of Hell

rE9lnPn.jpg

Dragon's Crown

qUBCfZQ.jpg

Unit 13

hXeeFaP.jpg

Valhalla Knights 3

LQJEslg.jpg

DBZ Battle of Z was never released physically in the states, and it was a game I bought digitally, so I am a little on the fence with buying it.  

Everything's been uploaded. We now have a complete collection! Thank you to everyone who helped contribute. 

bread's done
Back