PS Vita Portable Charger at Amazon - $29.99

Interesting, though this seems more like it was designed for when someone is travelling and is unable to charge the Vita normally, unless I'm missing something. I don't have any problems with charging my Vita the normal way when it runs out of power, so I don't really see how I could get much use out of this, unless (again) I'm missing something.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']According to the amazon reviews it extends gameplay time if you use it to charge while playing the vita.[/QUOTE]

Was the reviewer named CaptainObvious?

At monoprice, some of the iPhone ones have a dual output for iPhone OR iPad. mono is advertising they work with Vita. I haven't tried it myself.

I bought one of these a couple months back. It's a good deal at $30. And yes, it can be used to charge your smartphone or iPod or iPad.

You still need the official charging cable and power brick to charge this external battery, as opposed to something like the zaggsparq 2.0 (can be bought for $50 during zagg's frequent sales), which can be plugged directly into the wall when you want to charge it.
Conversely, I feel this Sony battery holds charge longer than the zaggsparq 2.0 will when you are not using it. This may be because it has an actual power button that you need to turn on when you are delivering juice to your vita or other device. It has a slightly smaller capacity than the zaggsparq 2.0.

It's small enough to fit in your pocket. The power button on the device has three or four colored LEDs. Green, orange, yellow and red I think, which let you know how much charge the battery has left.

Anyway, for $30, it's a no-brainer. I'm gonna go buy an extra two for my phone and iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Anker was a lifesaver for me when I went to Comic Con. Gotta keep my phone charged while waiting in line for hours just to go to a panel :D

fuck fuck fuck fuck. I just bought this last week for $45 and now its down to $30 and amazon won't do anything because its out of the 7 day price match policy.

For the Vita, I prefer the Nyko Power Grip. It extends the Vita battery by quite a bit (though I haven't measured the exact time gain, it's been more than enough to satisfy me). It also makes the Vita much easier to hold -- I was having problems before that I kept accidentally hitting the rear touch pad when I held the Vita, but the grip allows me to hold it in a way that it doesn't happen (while still leaving the rear touch pad reasonably accessible).

Of course the disadvantage to it is that it can't be used for other devices like the Portable Charger can. So it's really a matter of preference. Personally, I imagine playing with the Portable Charger attached to possibly be a bit cumbersome.

Amazon seems to perpetually be at "ships in 3-4 weeks" with the Power Grip, but I was able to just walk into GameStop and pick one up on a whim:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/power-grip-for-ps-vita/102036

Second on the Nyko Power Grip. It makes the Vita a lot more comfortable like a Dual Shock 3 and it can be charged with the Vita's power cord, separately or on the Vita.

[quote name='TheHelix']The Anker was a lifesaver for me when I went to Comic Con. Gotta keep my phone charged while waiting in line for hours just to go to a panel :D[/QUOTE]

Same here! I have the middle model, but it was enough to keep both mine and my friends phone charged everyday. The unit was only depleted once out of the 5 days, and that was late one night when we were about to leave anyways, with both phones charged at that point. I could see the highest model being best if needing to keep more than just phones charged.

Highly recommend.

Might pick this up from Gamestop tomorrow. There are times where I get on the train and realize my battery is almost dead, so being able to just plug this while at work would be great.

The battery is kool, I picked it up @ $50 over a month ago and its extremely handy for any gadget with a USB charger. It retains the charge for a while too, only real flaw is you need the vita USB cable to charge it. But @ this price I'm definitely in for a 2nd, btw that nyko grip is crap, the vita battery gives you like 5-6 more hours, you can SAP your internal battery and still keep going for about 5-6 hours off the external while actually charging the Vita...

[quote name='Link2999']I haven't tried this one out, but I can assume that my New Trent 9900mAh is probably better.[/QUOTE]

Basically twice the capacity...the Sony is like 5000

bread's done
Back