(PS1) Final Fantasy Chronicles $12.31 on Amazon.com

[quote name='CaoPi']who doesn't love chrono trigger[/QUOTE]
People who don't love slow down in their PSone games?

Not a bad price I guess for it. I have a copy sitting somewhere on a shelf in my apartment.

Yeah I played this in middle/high school and i remember hating getting into battles in CT because of how bad the slow down was. The hand drawn cut scenes were great though, especially at a time when DBZ was so popular(anyone remember waiting for english dubs of that show on Cartoon Network 10-15 years ago, ha?).

Honestly, you might as well just get the DS version of Chrono Trigger. It has a new ending and stuff to do once you beat the game. The SNES version would be my next choice ;) .

If I remember correctly, wasnt FF4 fine? I dont remember slow down and wasnt there new cut scenes for that game too?

I bought this years ago, and I got really frustrated with the slowdown enough that it made learn to hate FFIV's pacing with a passion. It's better to spend the $18 on the Virtual Console games or pick up the DS/PSP ports.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']But how does this run on the PS2? Does it alleviate any of the performance issues?[/QUOTE]

I bought this a few years ago for the same price, and played through Chrono Trigger on my PS2 slim. There are some options to increase loading speed (hardly noticeable, if at all), but the game wasn't unbearable to play for me. I played it completely through on my slim, so that's saying something.
It's definitely not the best choice for any of the games, unless it's your only option.

bread's done
Back