PS1 Game Decision Help

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I am looking to get a few games for my Vita from the PSN PS1 collection.

I have narrowed it down to $100 worth of games that I want in the long run, but for now I am trying to just get $30 worth of games. I own most of those games via gameshare, sadly that will not help me with getting them on the Vita.

So far I know I want Parasite Eve 1 and 2, which I do not have via gameshare but do have in disc form. The choice comes down to these:

• Resident Evil 2 OR Silent Hill
    • I own RE2 on PSN (gameshare) and PS1 disc, I beat it but a long time ago, it was my favorite RE game
    • Never played Silent Hill but have it on PSN (gameshare)
  • Final Fantasy IX OR Xenogears
    • I own FF9 and got very close to finishing it but then my PS1 memory card was corrupted
    • I have never played Xenogears, but I have it on PSN (gameshare)
Hopefully all that info will help with giving opinions.

Thanks.

Can't go wrong with any of those games.

My personal preference would be Resident Evil 2 and Xenogears or Xenogears and FFIX and bypass the other two for more bang for your buck.

Hmmm that is an idea.I have $19.86 in my PSN wallet right now, both of those would be $19.98, so just another 12 cents. I think I'll do that. Thanks :)

I like this thread, We need a difinitive psone classic thread, to help with reviews of games, I know I have played half of the PSone games but I can only remember a handful and reviews by members would help in choosing which ones to replay after 15+ years

Hi, I'm new here. Medal of Honor plays great, looks better than I remember on a TV set back in the day. 'Prolly because of the smaller screen and better display technology of the Vita. Yeah, it's old but still fun.

"Your papers are not in order!"

Thanks to the Vita(and free SH for PS+ from a while back), I have, finally, decided to give the original Silent Hill a try. Despite the wonky controls. It's fun and creepy! Also, it's very pixelated. I gotta figure out how to map the controls! I don't remember changing them. I have to use the back touchscreen to aim to shoot.

Here's the controls I use for MOH:

- First turn on analog in the Vita emulation menu (hold a finger on the screen, then pick controller settings).
- Next go to assign buttons and pick custom.
- For Dpad UP, change it to Triangle
- For Dpad LEFT, change it to Square
- For TRIANGLE, change it to L1
- For SQUARE, change it to R 1
- For L 1, change it to L2
- For R 1, Change it to R 2

Better than default, IMO.

If you played FF9 already, not saying its not worth playing again to beat it! (I am right now!) Xenogears is worth the purchase, good deep story. I would say play Xenogears first then go back and pick up FF9, get a new experience.

bread's done
Back