PS1 LCD Screen $21.98 at Toys R Us YMMV

Actually, they go as cheap as $11.98 if you're really lucky. I've bought three at that price...one for myself, and two for friends. What I'm starting to wonder, though, is if anyone has bothered price checking the PSOne unit by itself...

I would have checked the PSones... if they had any. I got my screen for $22.98 and today I went to a pawn shop to get a PSone for $19.95. This screen is amazing in quality!!

[quote name='aoLat']Mine was marked as the cheap price, but have 'em check if it isn't just in case.[/quote]

Thanks, I called around but everyone gave me high prices, cheapest was like 40$ A few places wanted 99! I may call the 40$ place back and have them scan it.

how do these screens work? do they plug into the psone's av output jack? do they have rca inputs?
where do they get power from? thats awfully cheap for a decent lcd, especially if you could use it for something else....

At TRU, you ALWAYS have ANYthing game-related not only scanned, but totalled, just in case. The screens that I bought at my TRU for $11.98 were marked at $129.99...which is no doubt why there were three left to be bought. TRU and Circuit City are one and the same when it comes to updating price tags...they do it once when they put the game out, and maybe one more time if it hits "Value Game" status, but those are about the only times.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']how do these screens work? do they plug into the psone's av output jack? do they have rca inputs?
where do they get power from? thats awfully cheap for a decent lcd, especially if you could use it for something else....[/quote]
Trust me, it's a truly awesome LCD if you can get it for something like $22. It uses a pass-through AC connection on the PSone's own power (the screen comes with a power supply that uses a few more amps than the PS1--USE THIS with the combo instead of the AC that comes with the PS1). There are no RCA ports out of the box, but you can get some sort of 1/8 plug-to-RCA adapter.

Yeah, I basically FORCED the guy to scan the damn Castlevania and it came up $5.49 instead of $12.xx.

Some of you who find the extras need to hook up the rest of us... I'd be willing to pay up to $20 for the screen, ACTUAL shipping costs w/ insurance, and a little extra for your troubles.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i would pay up to 35 shipped iany way if someone would be so kind as to get me one of the official sony ones![/quote]

You done been PM'd!!

bread's done
Back