PS1/LCD screen combo $59.99 at Best Buy in Norwalk, CT

bfg9k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
There were seven left on a table in the middle of one of the aisles. A handwritten sign indicated that they are $59.99, and if you are a rewardzone member, they are $49.99.

Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-91

Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-95 [Governor John Davis Lodge Tpke]

At exit 14, turn RIGHT onto Ramp

Bear LEFT (West) onto US-1 [Connecticut Ave]

Total Distance:

Total Estimated Time
1 hours 30 minutes

hrmmm... worth it?

help a CT gamer who lives in the northern part of the state will ya? PM me if ya feel like grabin me one bro

nice, but think before you get in on this, i picked up this combo over a year ago from target and dont think ive used it for more than 10 hours.

good ole' CT. I cant wait till I get up there in a few weeks and see what gems I find at some of the mom and pop stores and flea markets.

[quote name='punqsux']nice, but think before you get in on this, i picked up this combo over a year ago from target and dont think ive used it for more than 10 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was really looking forward to a screen for my PSone but then thought about it and realized that I wouldn't use it for more than a few minutes.

[quote name='Otherguy676']good ole' CT. I cant wait till I get up there in a few weeks and see what gems I find at some of the mom and pop stores and flea markets.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with mom and pop stores. I think I've only seen one.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I was really looking forward to a screen for my PSone but then thought about it and realized that I wouldn't use it for more than a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

I've played the hell out of mine--it was just the spark the original PlayStation and I needed to rekindle our once-passionate romance. And with a few simple accessories, the screen becomes extremely versatile.

[quote name='bfg9k']There were seven left on a table in the middle of one of the aisles. A handwritten sign indicated that they are $59.99, and if you are a rewardzone member, they are $49.99.[/QUOTE]

It's about time they marked those down. That store had 20+ of them for over a year, and they never budged from $130. $50 is a much better price, worth picking up if you don't have one yet.

If they had them here, I would pick one up for $50 (members price), keep the screen, then take the psx to EB and trade it for $50 credit. It would be like getting the screen for free! Well, almost.

for the record I made the hour and a half trek today and picked up two of these.

as of about 2pm, there were 5 left. they ring up at $139.95 but the cashier will manually mark it down to the sale price.

if someone wanted one that couldn't get there, hit me up with a pm, and i'll see what i can do.

~stew

[quote name='varsitygamer']for the record I made the hour and a half trek today and picked up two of these.

as of about 2pm, there were 5 left. they ring up at $139.95 but the cashier will manually mark it down to the sale price.

if someone wanted one that couldn't get there, hit me up with a pm, and i'll see what i can do.

~stew[/QUOTE]

Is that an hour and a half round trip, or one way?

Edit: NVM, I just read your above post. Man, that's crazy (writes the guy who made the infamous Walmart Donkey Konga trek).

[quote name='hotwls13']If they had them here, I would pick one up for $50 (members price), keep the screen, then take the psx to EB and trade it for $50 credit. It would be like getting the screen for free! Well, almost.[/QUOTE]

EB offers $50 credit for a working PSOne?

[quote name='Kingjay89']Im sorry for being a noob, but why is this deal so good?[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a PSOne with a 5" screen for $50 (if one is an RZ member, or $60 if one is not (but if one is not, then one should sign up first for $10, then buy the combo for $50). They are good if one wants to be able to play playstation games on car trips, and such, assuming one is not driving. Considering the price for a new psone is $50, I believe, getting the screen thrown in essentially for free makes it an excellent deal.

[quote name='Barnolde']Can someone pick me up one? I don't feel like driving 45 minutes to get this.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, a 45 minute drive is nothing if you want one of these. Other people should be asking you to pick it up for them.

[quote name='guessed']Well, it is a PSOne with a 5" screen for $50 (if one is an RZ member, or $60 if one is not (but if one is not, then one should sign up first for $10, then buy the combo for $50). They are good if one wants to be able to play playstation games on car trips, and such, assuming one is not driving. Considering the price for a new psone is $50, I believe, getting the screen thrown in essentially for free makes it an excellent deal.[/QUOTE]
I've never used it in the car, but it's great to play at home while watching tv. That's what I call multitasking!

[quote name='guessed']Well, it is a PSOne with a 5" screen for $50 (if one is an RZ member, or $60 if one is not (but if one is not, then one should sign up first for $10, then buy the combo for $50). They are good if one wants to be able to play playstation games on car trips, and such, assuming one is not driving. Considering the price for a new psone is $50, I believe, getting the screen thrown in essentially for free makes it an excellent deal.[/QUOTE]
Thanks-----didnt know the part of a new psone for $50.

Target has a PSOne alone with 3 horrible games for $70. So this is a hell of a good deal, if I was in CT I'd get one for sure.

[quote name='ne2eire']Target has a PSOne alone with 3 horrible games for $70. So this is a hell of a good deal, if I was in CT I'd get one for sure.[/QUOTE]
Coolboarders 4 and Stuart Little 2 are horrible games? Oh, wait, they are.

bread's done
Back