PS1 & Saturn - Soundtracks on disc

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Anyone remember when PS1 and Saturn games had the soundtrack on the discs? I loved these and still pop some in from time to time. Some of my favorites were Street Fighter Alpha 2, Rayman, King of Fighter 96', and my all time favorite Battle Arena Toshinden 1 & 2. I was listening to some Sonic 3D Blast on my way to work today.

What did you guys listen too?

Daytona USA and Sonic R remain two of the funniest games to throw into a CD player just to get people to ask what the fuck is going on.

I remember doing this with the SegaCD version of Lunar. It also has some of the in-game dialogue sequences as well, since they were recorded as redbook audio along with the soundtrack. I also kind of liked Robo Aleste, and who could forget the opening to Sonic CD?

Sadly, I kind of wore out the novelty on the Sega CD stuff, and never really played around with any of my PS1 or Saturn discs.

[quote name='Halo05']Daytona USA and Sonic R remain two of the funniest games to throw into a CD player just to get people to ask what the fuck is going on.[/QUOTE]

Living in the city
You know you have to survive
You got to keep that dream alive
Were everything is free
Can't you see

I should try and listen to some of those soundtracks on my Saturn or sega cd games. I mostly listened to my own music during play sessions that I didn't pay attention to the games soundtrack.

I never knew about this. I have a bunch of PS1 and Saturn games. So you can listen to the music from these games in a regular CD player??

[quote name='venturin']I never knew about this. I have a bunch of PS1 and Saturn games. So you can listen to the music from these games in a regular CD player??[/QUOTE]

You can, but not every game, It's typical of earlier games on the systems.

The first track normally contains computer data, so please don't play it. But you probably wont listen to me anyways, will you?

Couldn't help myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOCPDXYWHAg

I didn't do this much with my PS1/Saturn games, but I loved the redbook audio on the PC disc for MechWarrior 2.

I've probably spent more time listening to the Tail of the Sun soundtrack than I spent actually playing the game.

X-Men vs Street Fighter sega saturn import and other import saturn games like Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3).

Hell even Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo PC version has a ton of audio tracks. And this was a rare cd-rom game that ran on -dos-. Even the Lunar SSSC ps1 demo has a audio track on it. Then there's the hidden audio file on Lunar 2 where Zophar talks to YOU. Not even joking. It's on youtube.

I own Ecco the Dolphin on Sega CD

I don't even own a Sega CD, that game just has awesome music

I used to pop in Nights on Saturn to listen to the audio tracks. While the music isn't for everyone it was part of what made the game great. It was nice to be able to pop in game discs to check out the music. I did eventually import the 3 disc Japanese sound track of that game though.

My favorite soundtrack on a game disc was Eternal Champions on the Sega CD. I still listen to that one pretty often. I also really liked the GTA 1 soundtrack on the PS1.

[quote name='Rodimus']Living in the city
You know you have to survive
You got to keep that dream alive
Were everything is free
Can't you see[/QUOTE]
I love the Sonic R soundtrack. It's sort an inspiration to my life.

bread's done
Back