(PS2) Breath of fire dragon quarter $12.98 on Amazon.com

thanks for sharing but make sure you read reviews before you buy, it has a time limit imposed on you an you can hurt time limit by using special skills  reducing time you have. it was a good game but i enjoyed the older ones with more freedom

Hugely under appreciated game.  It had some unique and fun game mechanics.  It is certainly different from the others in the series and I think that turned off a lot of players, but if it gets its hooks in you, it's a fun ride. 

Don't forget to check your local GameStop, bought my NTSC copy last week for 5.99 (-10% PUR, of course), made my day ^^

Always felt it was underappreciated, but the changes are def. not for everybody.

Great art direction, story and a great battle system. The time limit and difficulty curve suck though.

It was one of my favorites, but I don't know if I'd replay it.

Very under appreciated game.
Agreed. This game is bashed because it's harder than your average RPG.

Enemies don't respawn, but If you fight most of the monsters you come across and use the dragon form sparingly, then you should be able to easily beat the game without using the restart feature. The people who might have trouble with this game are the ones who try and power level their way through every RPG they play because they don't understand basic strategy.

Use the dragon form as a last resort on bosses you know you can't defeat. Charge up a few times, then hit them once with a power hit. If they're not done in one attack, attack again.

The only problem with this game that I personally had is that you have to beat it more than once to experience the entire storyline. You only get certain cutscenes at lower D Ratios. The storyline is great the first time through, but I don't like that they held storyline back in order to artificially extend replay value. That being said, it's only a minor problem.

I'd recommend picking it up. Those of you who don't are missing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back