PS2 Broken vs Working values, what's the deal?

pksellers

CAGiversary!
So, I've been picking up ps2 systems at thrifts and garage sales for some time now. I used to check the systems to make sure that they were working properly but now it seems that their selling prices are about the same for a broken or working system. For example I was selling working ps2 systems with one controller for like $45-50 shipped, but I've noticed that you can get like $35 just for the system, no controller or cables, working or not. I've been selling broken ones in lots of 7-10 and it always ends up being in that 35ish range no matter how many i list at once. I never really asked why before since working ps2s were selling for like 70 at Gamestop, but now that they're only 40 at GS for a working (or even a new system) why are ebay buyers still paying 35 a piece for them when they could just go to GS and get guaranteed working system for $5 more? I'm not complaining by any means, more of a curiosity as to what these ebay buyers are doing with all these ps2s?

They're dirt cheap to fix and resell them. Especially if you're involved in selling them in places like Mexico.

paco i'm interested how this whole mexico process work, could you please bother to explain this to me through a pm. I might be moving to mexico soon, so im curious.

Yes, selling them in any country that likes playing King of Fighters will get you more money. It's been that way forever.

Well that explains why a lot of the buyers are in the LA/San Diego Areas then, I knew they were buying them for a reason, but wasn't sure why. Thanks for the insight guys.

I've heard that they mod them overseas; I guess with the salvage market they're more concerned about getting resupplied in bulk (even if the margin is somewhat, err, thin).

bread's done
Back