ps2 budget games haunting me everywhere

daddiebigbig

CAGiversary!
i have had a ps2 for about 2 years now and i always see the same games in the bargin bin they have been 5-12 bucks for about a year now i am not big into rpg's (some are i think) but are any of these worth picking up and not in the sense that they are 5 bucks so it wont hurt to try them. i see these at a store i want to buy and burn all of them so i never have to see them again. just wanting to know if there are any good or sleeper hits in this pile that is a must have or must play

haven call of the king
alter echo
project eden
x-squad
time splitters
MDK2 Armageddon
Eternal Ring
EOE
Extermination
orphen
pryzm chapter one
evergrace
fantavision
dark cloud
ico
dr muto
Drakan: The Ancients GatesOkage: Shadow King
run like hell

I thought Haven was a pretty good game, but worth more traded to GameRush. Run like hell was pretty good too. All the others I would drop like a bad habbit.

x-squad and mdk2 are decent. worth about 10 bucks and less. ico is a must have. dark cloud is almost a must have but repetitive.

Orphen is an amazingly bad game. If it had been submitted for publication after the launch it would almost certainly been rejected. Sony was desparate for launch titles and let this turkey through.

The only circumstance under which you should spend so much as a penny on this game is as an example of how bad a game can be.

Any of the others on your list is worth $5 depending on how much variety you like.

timesplitters is an awesome fuking multiplayer game. it's the only console game out right now with four team capture the bag. the sequel doesn't even have it. get this game if you like multiplayer FPSs.

Drakan and Ico are both great sleeper titles. Drakan never got the respect it deserved, even amond the more knowledgeable gamers.

i remember paying $50 for MDK 2 when it released on DC. it wasn't worth it, but it was still fun as hell. hard as hell, too, because it didn't have any difficulty settings, but the PS2 version does have difficulty settings, so check it out.

Ico is a great beautiful game. Get it, GET IT NOW. (bes comparison game wise is "more like the original Prince of Persia than the current PoP" but by no means is it cheap.) Did I mention you should get it? because you should.

EoE isnt a bad brawler, it's a bit repetative but what beat'em up isnt? The fighting system is a little clunky but has some style to it once you get going, and game play wise it has cinemas with the "quick time" events similar to Shenmue. The bad part is the characters are a little ... ugly, they could have been designed better but it's not a deal breaker. but the Voices come close, familiar professional voice actors (many brought over from The DC game Sword of the Berserk, game engin made by the same people) but the voice director must have been deaf and smoking crack. it's worth 5 bucks.

Evergrace isnt a bad action RPG for 5 bucks either, it had a cool concept with the clothing switch function, it also has two characters to go through the game separatly with. The voice acting is better than EoE but they had a volume issue with the game where some parts will be noticably louder than they should be. It's kinda slow but I think the relaxed pacing was deliberate to make you look at the scenery which is nice but kinda muted because it takes place in a domed world so the sepia color is a little abused.

Extermination, Standard Survival horror game, fighting more scary monsters rather than the classic zombies, and you must worth your health because environmental factors will hurt you just as bad as the monsters. This part is a bit annoying but I never played all the way through it to know if you get used to it.(I was using a friend's copy)

I'd pass on Run Like Hell, it's got nice looking cinemas but it has the feeling to me of a game that was rushed out the door due to tight schedualling forcing them to let some things slide which tey really shouldnt.

Some people seem to like haven... it reminded me of Ratchet & Clank which is a compliment but I never felt it had the same level of personality and chose not to bother.

I dont play FPS games, Time spliters though, if I had to choose ANY of them on this list, would be the one to get.

Dark Cloud, Good but repeative... Personally I want in my collection DC2 more but for 5 bucks, it ties with Evergrace for me I guess... Ijust never bought it.

[quote name='Alpha2']Ico is a great beautiful game. Get it, GET IT NOW. (bes comparison game wise is "more like the original Prince of Persia than the current PoP" but by no means is it cheap.) Did I mention you should get it? because you should.

EoE isnt a bad brawler, it's a bit repetative but what beat'em up isnt? The fighting system is a little clunky but has some style to it once you get going, and game play wise it has cinemas with the "quick time" events similar to Shenmue. The bad part is the characters are a little ... ugly, they could have been designed better but it's not a deal breaker. but the Voices come close, familiar professional voice actors (many brought over from The DC game Sword of the Berserk, game engin made by the same people) but the voice director must have been deaf and smoking crack. it's worth 5 bucks.

Evergrace isnt a bad action RPG for 5 bucks either, it had a cool concept with the clothing switch function, it also has two characters to go through the game separatly with. The voice acting is better than EoE but they had a volume issue with the game where some parts will be noticably louder than they should be. It's kinda slow but I think the relaxed pacing was deliberate to make you look at the scenery which is nice but kinda muted because it takes place in a domed world so the sepia color is a little abused.

Extermination, Standard Survival horror game, fighting more scary monsters rather than the classic zombies, and you must worth your health because environmental factors will hurt you just as bad as the monsters. This part is a bit annoying but I never played all the way through it to know if you get used to it.(I was using a friend's copy)

I'd pass on Run Like Hell, it's got nice looking cinemas but it has the feeling to me of a game that was rushed out the door due to tight schedualling forcing them to let some things slide which tey really shouldnt.

Some people seem to like haven... it reminded me of Ratchet & Clank which is a compliment but I never felt it had the same level of personality and chose not to bother.

I dont play FPS games, Time spliters though, if I had to choose ANY of them on this list, would be the one to get.

Dark Cloud, Good but repeative... Personally I want in my collection DC2 more but for 5 bucks, it ties with Evergrace for me I guess... Ijust never bought it.[/quote]

Very informative, thanks. I've always wanted to give Evergrace a try. Now, I just might.

I give another GET IT NOW! vote for ICO. But I might suggest doing just a little bit of research with pro reviews before picking it up. People like me ranting about how amazing it is and convincing lots of people to buy it who are not part of the gamer population it aims at has led to many people becoming slightly disgruntled at the title. So, just a warning, make sure it's a game for you.

And I'll second Fantavision. Really fun and relaxing puzzler with amazing graphics. A little short, but well worth $5.

Haven is also a great game. Fun platformer.

id pick up:
haven call of the king
alter echo
project eden
time splitters
MDK2 Armageddon
Extermination
pryzm chapter one
evergrace
dark cloud
ico
dr muto
Drakan: The Ancients Gates
Okage: Shadow King

oh nevermind...i already did

Thanks for the post but it doesn't belong here:

"Post your own Cheap Ass Gaming Deals

Post gaming deals that you've found. Check out deals that others have posted. IF YOU AREN'T POSTING A SPECIFIC GAMING DEAL, IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!"

Jeremy

[quote name='Alpha2']I'd pass on Run Like Hell.[/quote]

I actually just finished Run Like Hell, and for a mere $5 new, it's certainly not a bad game. The graphics could be better, but the story, voice acting (Lance Henrickson and Michael Ironside), atmosphere and basic run and gun gameplay are all pretty good, imo. If you like 3rd person shooters, sci-fi adventures and/or survival horror, you'll probably be content with what RLH has to offer for a mere $5.

Go and get ICO right now. If anyone seems that game for less than $20 and doesn't get it, they're a fool or extremely ignorant.

I pity the fool that doesn't get ICO when he could've gotten it for a bargain price!!!

The couple of catchy songs and smart vocal casting alone almost made me buy RLH but I eventually saw some gameplay videos and they kinda turned me off... if I saw it for 5 bucks I might concider it but it'd be last on my priorities list.

[quote name='jrutz']Thanks for the post but it doesn't belong here:

Post gaming deals that you've found. Check out deals that others have posted. IF YOU AREN'T POSTING A SPECIFIC GAMING DEAL, IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!"

Jeremy[/quote]
anyway thanks for the help everbody except for him jrutz or jerk off or whatever the name of it may be. read the fine lines i posted this in ps2 general discussion.
thanks eveyone for being friendly which i thought this was a forum of gamers getting together to help one another but their is always the one who was not allowed to buy bmx xxx case they are 40 and living with mom. move out and get a job god bless i forgive you as well

[quote name='daddiebigbig'][quote name='jrutz']Thanks for the post but it doesn't belong here:

Jeremy[/quote]
anyway thanks for the help everbody except for him jrutz or jerk off or whatever the name of it may be. read the fine lines i posted this in ps2 general discussion.
thanks eveyone for being friendly which i thought this was a forum of gamers getting together to help one another but their is always the one who was not allowed to buy bmx xxx case they are 40 and living with mom. move out and get a job god bless i forgive you as well[/quote]

Actually you did post in the wrong forum, the mods just moved this to the right board is all.

im sorry forgive me a little please i am a newbie not a regualr but when i am a regular we will then fight to the death. like in that one movie where there are two guys and they got to fight to the death see that one i like it two

sorry i was rambling again happens

Ico is good, haven is ok ( personally didnt like it ), dark cloud (only because it leads into dark cloud 2 which I love), alter echo is pretty good and fantasvision is well worth 10 bucks.

MDK2 is pretty awesome, if you are into things that are awesome.
Ico, as was said before, is one of the greats for PS2.
Dark Cloud is good, but Dark Cloud 2 is better by a factor of about 9,999.

bread's done
Back