PS2 Codebreaker $4.97 on clearance at Radio Shack

grifta67

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everyone. Saw this while I was at a Radio Shack picking up the clearanced DS case.

The only difficulty is that there's no way to tell what version Codebreaker it is. Mine had two different ones, one shaped like a lock and one in a thin regtangular package that said "Get More Game" really big on the top. I got the latter and I'm 95% sure its the latest version.

I really have no desire to cheat on my games, but being able to transfer save files off my mem cards onto a USB drive is incredible!

Link to the product page so you can do a local store seach for inventory.

Can someone clarify some things for me here? Do ANY Codebreakers NOT use the USB trick?
Also do I have to format up the drive or screw around in any way or can I just pop in and go? Mainly I'd just like to keep the drive in and transfer saves to the USB if possible then when I want to use it again pull it back onto the card.

[quote name='Sarang01']Can someone clarify some things for me here? Do ANY Codebreakers NOT use the USB trick?
[/QUOTE]
According to the site, Codebreaker v7+ work with USB drives...but 7 and 7.1 are kind of spotty. I guess to be sure, an 8 or 9 would be best (well, obviously).
Also do I have to format up the drive or screw around in any way or can I just pop in and go? Mainly I'd just like to keep the drive in and transfer saves to the USB if possible then when I want to use it again pull it back onto the card.
That's hard to say. I formatted my flash drive to make sure before trying. Actually, it still wasn't reading at first, but that's when I just removed it and put it back in. Problem solved.

[quote name='dbz4ever']You might want to check out TRU, someone just got one for $15, good luck, buddy.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll make a trip out there this weekend.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Actually I use my own USB drive, doesn't have to be their USB drive. I don't know the version number, I'd have to research. I bought it about a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Does your version let you play MP3s and DivX movies?

[quote name='whitereflection']Does your version let you play MP3s and DivX movies?[/quote]

I don't know about that, but it does let me play DVDs from other regions.

[quote name='wakkoviper']Anyone have an extra that you could sell to me? Ill send money through Paypal.[/quote] Same here, but I would rather pay through cash order or by trading.

[quote name='whitereflection']Does your version let you play MP3s and DivX movies?[/quote]

I jus checked, Yes, it does.

New Model Slim PS2 vs. Codebreaker update: Having ANYTHING in the USB slot will cause Codebreaker to not run properly. THat includes a GunCon.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Does Codebreakers help you save games onto the PS2 FFVI hard drive?[/quote]

I believe the Hard Drive was an option but I do not have one so I cannot test it.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I just picked up the last one at my local malls RS. Figure I'll keep it as a back up or in case of a possible trade in the future...[/quote]

If you read previous posts, there are few ppl looking for buying with paypal payment.

I just want to say to you all that have posted, Thank You.

I didn't have to ask any questions since everyone was so forthcoming with information that it was easy to fixt my little problems. Like where to find a cheap USB drive.

Thanks again.

Thanks, super, for the kind words. The world needs more people like you, then even more people's day will be brightened. =)

Just picked one up. Now I'm able to see Laura Croft in all her gothic beauty. Thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='Max Spider X']How exactly do you play mp3, divx, and DVDs from other regions?[/quote]

Using Action Replay MAX CD, and turn on PS2, you should see menu at the bottom of the screen, it's one of the 5-6 options there.

LINK

[quote name='Max Spider X']But why would we need Code breaker to do that?[/quote]

I never said you need Code Breaker to do it. I don't know much about Code Breaker, you might want to go to the forum in their website for more detail.

http://forums.cmgsccc.com/

Price matched this at Circuit City and got version 9.3 for 3.75 total....

Highest version I saw at RS was 9.1

bread's done
Back