PS2 console for cheap?

[quote name='undiegnome']I have a slim white PS2 with a logitech wireless controller. Make me an offer.[/QUOTE]

How many bags of dirt are you asking for? =)

[quote name='bond007bond']dude its 99dollars new. used its still really cheap http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=37213

60 for old fat, 70 for new slim[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the name of the site? It's called CHEAPassgamer, not Retailassgamer. The OP said they want it 'dirt cheap', all they would get with buying one from Rapestop is the DIRT part of it.

My one friend went through SEVEN 'refurbished'(meaning they're supposed to have sent them out to be cleaned,tested,etc) Gamestop "quality" PS2's before he found ONE that fuckin' worked, which goes to show how much they actually test those pieces of shit before they take them in.

I told him he would've had a better chance at finding a working system on Craigslist for $25-40.

Seriously. I picked up a used PS2 off of Ebay like 5 years ago for $100, and that came with a few games. When I look at the used prices Gamestop tries to push, I can't believe people still shop there.

Craigslist that shit. That's the proper way to find low-priced used merchandise.

I think Game Crazy sells the fat PS2's (which I think are the best ones) for $60, I think they even throw in a few free games with it.

[quote name='HCHecxz']I think Game Crazy sells the fat PS2's (which I think are the best ones) for $60, I think they even throw in a few free games with it.[/QUOTE]

+1 about the phats being king. I hate my Slim piece of shit. Moves 3 feet from the breeze I make.. WALKING by.

i picked up a like new silver slim ps2 with 2 controllers, 2 mem cards, and both god of war games for ~85 shipped via ebay about 2 months ago. check ebay and/or craigslist. avoid gamestop.

[quote name='mis0']+1 about the phats being king. I hate my Slim piece of shit. Moves 3 feet from the breeze I make.. WALKING by.[/QUOTE]

...You're pretty big.

...But seriously, I never owned a fat PS2 but knew several people that had serious, serious trouble with them. Everything broke. Cooling problems. Disc read errors. Etc etc. I have a slim and it's not perfect but it sure feels a lot more sturdy and has been more stable than my fat experiences.

I'd sell my slim if I had a backwards compatible PS3, but I don't.

The thing with the fatboys is the electronics break. With the slims, the mechanical pieces break. So pick your poison, but your best bet on cheap would be CL(that's craigslist.org, JUST in case). They still go for $50-60 on eBay and at pawn shops, which I'm assuming isn't your definition of dirt cheap. It sure isn't mine.

50 is the cheapest I've seen, at that was at a pawn shop...I know the ps1 new with screen in 2004 was $150 cause my friend got one and I couldn't believe it...playstations seem to hold their normal price, until they just one day disappear

[quote name='phoenix529']The thing with the fatboys is the electronics break. With the slims, the mechanical pieces break. So pick your poison, but your best bet on cheap would be CL(that's craigslist.org, JUST in case). They still go for $50-60 on eBay and at pawn shops, which I'm assuming isn't your definition of dirt cheap. It sure isn't mine.[/QUOTE]

The reason the fat models and their network adapters go for so much still is because of illegitimate uses for the hardware(piracy). As for the fat models 'breaking', if you know how to open them and clean or replace the lens, the DRE is only a minor nuisance. I've replaced or cleaned quite a few.

Oh and dpb, I found a PSone/LCD combo buried in the back of the game case at my closest Kmart....for $10 about 2-3 years ago. Mind you I had no use for it. I tried CLing it, I tried pawning it and I ended up selling it to a local game shop for $5-10 more than I paid.

CheapestGamer it's ridiculous!! He loved it cause he could hook a dvd player up to it with an adaptor cord, and I know they were hot as an affordable way to put a video screen into your head rest....but $150 for a system that was a decade old....and you're absolutely right about the fat ps2's and their uses, they still haven't made a hard drive for the slim right?

[quote name='KMunley']Was passing by FYE and they had it NEW for $70[/QUOTE]
Eh? Eh? Eh?

Is there a rebate attached to that price tag or can I just walk in and snag one?

I've had my phat ps2 since 96 not one hiccup, the thing is built like a tank and has been a proven work horse, man I wish everything else was as reliable as my ps2!

I/ve had my ps3 @ xbox 360 in for repair in under 1 year of ownership.

Found out about the PS2 deal at my local FYE: bought a new black PS2 slim today for $99, when the receipt printed out it also printed out a second rebate receipt and a mail-in rebate form for $30 (for a company called Transworld, I guess that must be FYE). So the ultimate price would be $69. Don't remember the cutoff date on the rebate form (don't have it in front of me), but I don't think it's going on for much longer, so if you want this I suggest you hurry up. Also, they do accessories for 30% off when you buy a system, so you can get additional savings that way. I'm in California, but I'm assuming the deal is the same all over. Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='cochesecochese']That's tempting alright, but the last time I got a rebate from FYE it took *forever* to get my check in the mail.[/QUOTE]

The ONLY time I ever tried doing an FYE rebate it was for a $30 PS2 rebate as well. Unfortunately, they kept telling me I sent in receipts for a $3 CD rebate, as opposed to a $30 PS2 rebate.

Eventually they ended up having to give me the $30 at store level, since calling and trying to explain what the rebate was SUPPOSED to be for to the people at the rebate company did NOTHING(or so I thought).

Thing is, about 2 weeks after they paid me at store level, I received what looked like a postcard from Transworld in the mail, only to flip it over and realize it's a check printed on card stock for $30.

After all the hassle I went through, I went and cashed that check and went out to dinner on them.

Funny thing is, all of the credit I used to get the PStwo slim from them was from flipping copies of a game that Gamestop had for $1-3 and FYE was giving $14-16 for.

bread's done
Back