PS2 Deals?

m1lesteg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
My PS2, after several years of solid use, decided to conk out on me. It wasn't even a slow thing, I just get Disc Read Errors left and right all of a sudden. So, it looks like I'm in the market for a new PS2, now.

Are there any deals on either the PS2, regular or slim, or should I just pull the trigger and drop 150 bucks for a new slim one?

The slim one sucks, no HD support (which means no HD advance/loader)... For those that are going to ramble on about the misuse of those products, if you OWN the game, it is OK... the load times are AMAZINGLY different.... just wish GT4 would of worked with it... gt3A:Spec loads so damn fast its not funny with the HD...

BTW: GT4 is amazing

[quote name='exceed19']The slim one sucks, no HD support (which means no HD advance/loader)... For those that are going to ramble on about the misuse of those products, if you OWN the game, it is OK... the load times are AMAZINGLY different.... just wish GT4 would of worked with it... gt3A:Spec loads so damn fast its not funny with the HD...

BTW: GT4 is amazing[/quote]

The slim PSTwo doesn't suck. If you don't use an HD advance/loader, or the hard drive, the slim one is worth the purchase. It is very sleek, and very small.

Your only other route would be to stand around in a Gamestop, Gamerush, or EBGames and try to wait for someone to trade-in a fat model PS2 and offer more money then they will trade it in for.

For example, I got another PS2 fat edition at my local Gamestop when someone didn't have a working controller for it and they wouldn't let them trade in the system by itself which he was only going to get 40 bucks for it. I offerred to take the system off his hands with the broken controller for 45 cash and he took it. The system works fine and I threw away the controller because I already had an extra controller from the PS2 my girlfriend has.

[quote name='exceed19']The slim one sucks, no HD support (which means no HD advance/loader)... For those that are going to ramble on about the misuse of those products, if you OWN the game, it is OK... the load times are AMAZINGLY different.... just wish GT4 would of worked with it... gt3A:Spec loads so damn fast its not funny with the HD...

BTW: GT4 is amazing[/quote]

I really don't mind about the HD support, but the one thing that bothers me about the slim ps2 is that there's no fan or heatsink and the console heats up very quickly. RPG nights might be different. It makes me wonder if that's normal :shock:

[quote name='m1lesteg']My PS2, after several years of solid use, decided to conk out on me. It wasn't even a slow thing, I just get Disc Read Errors left and right all of a sudden. So, it looks like I'm in the market for a new PS2, now.

Are there any deals on either the PS2, regular or slim, or should I just pull the trigger and drop 150 bucks for a new slim one?[/quote]

Don't blow another $149, Sony will repair your PS2 for free since it's a DRE - they settled a class action lawsuit and have to honor it regardless of how old your PS2 is, as long as it hasn't been modded.

Go here and click on the link for Disc Read Error Sony Repair FAQ

bread's done
Back