PS2 Family Value Pack - $149 - PS2 slimerer, Lego Batman, Justice League DVD

Doomed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/15/new-ps2-bundle-has-lego-batman-justic-league-movie-149-price/
http://kotaku.com/5025613/ps2-family-value-pack-is-indeed-good-value
[quote name='Joystiq']
At their E3 press conference today, Sony announced a new hardware bundle for their still-running-strong PS2 system. The package will come with a copy of Lego Batman and a DVD of the Justice League animated movie, all for $149. Not a bad deal, especially considering the system alone costs $129 these days. Sony also stressed the strength of the still-growing PS2 library at the conference, mentioned 130 games coming to the system in 2008, including Yakuza 2, Force Unleashed, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods, Warriors Orochi 2, Singstar Pop vol. 2, Madden, and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.[/quote]
Apparently from the pics you can tell it's a new internal power brick slimline, before only in Japan. At least that's what people are saying in the comments. Maybe someday (2015?) the PS2 will drop to $99. :pray:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definately be picking this up and catching up on my PS2 games (I've had one before but I sold it after Kingdom Hearts II was beaten).

It should be cheaper, but hey, PS2 is awesome.

I have 2 semi-functional PS2 and one 50001 model sealed, so even though I'm tempted I don't think I'll get this.

I wish they would release a white controller (even though it's begging to be stained).

Finally. They're finally bringing the 90000 series PS2 to the US. Awesome.

I'll be there although I'd rather get a standalone 90000 model as opposed to one with Lego Batman and a movie I probably won't watch.

I went ahead and preordered this bundle at my local EBstop with credit from a ton of crappy 2003/04 era games. I hope no one here wanted to buy a mint, complete copy of Spawn : Armageddon :)

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the state with one on preorder but at least the manager said I could have a full set of the adorable Lego Batman keychains when I pick up the system. He better come through or I'ma glitter the store.

[quote name='Halo05']I went ahead and preordered this bundle at my local EBstop with credit from a ton of crappy 2003/04 era games. I hope no one here wanted to buy a mint, complete copy of Spawn : Armageddon :)

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the state with one on preorder but at least the manager said I could have a full set of the adorable Lego Batman keychains when I pick up the system. He better come through or I'ma glitter the store.[/quote]

Can someone tell me what he means by "I'ma gliiter the store"? Ive seen this alot lately.

I saw where it started once I think, but there was some post about knocking over a magazine rack in GameStop for some reason and putting glitter on it.

[quote name='DAWG26']Can someone tell me what he means by "I'ma gliiter the store"? Ive seen this alot lately.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much a CAG meme. Someone posted a (probably) joke story about getting bad service at a Gamestop and in retaliation he threw glitter all over the store and pushed over the magazine rack before fleeing the store. As you can well imagine, trying to clean very fine glitter off rows of videogame cases and books would be a fucking nightmare for the employees who shafted you.

That being said, as bad as some EBstops are sometimes, I'm not going to advocate actually glittering the store. You'd probably (rightfully) get arrested for destruction of property or vandalism.

damn the ps2 probably sold 100 million units by now...

this is really milking the damn thing, lower it to $79-99 and they'll sell another 20 million units.

At that price, I'd buy one for every room in the house.

[quote name='Halo05']It's pretty much a CAG meme. Someone posted a (probably) joke story about getting bad service at a Gamestop and in retaliation he threw glitter all over the store and pushed over the magazine rack before fleeing the store. As you can well imagine, trying to clean very fine glitter off rows of videogame cases and books would be a fucking nightmare for the employees who shafted you.

That being said, as bad as some EBstops are sometimes, I'm not going to advocate actually glittering the store. You'd probably (rightfully) get arrested for destruction of property or vandalism.[/quote]

That's why I'd probably do it while wearing a party hat on New Year's Eve. I'd come in with 2-5 of those champagne popper things that you pull the string on, but load those bad boys up with tons of glitter first. As for knocking over the magazine rack, there's only a couple GS stores I've been in with actual racks for their guides/magazines. None of those are local to me though.

For the people who have semi functional PS2's that don't wanna read newer games, have any of you tried cleaning the laser lens manually(by opening up the PS2)? Try that, since your system is definitely WAY out of warranty by now, so what could it really hurt?

However, if you don't wanna take that chance, you could call up Sony and ship it to them for $75 for them to repair it or $45 to replace it with one of their refurbs. I know these numbers well, since I dealt with them with my own problematic PS2's.

I saw this bundle at a Wal-Mart today. Here's hoping EB has mine in by tomorrow. I can't wait to complete my second nerd dungeon.

I've seen these things around, but unfortunately I already have a slim PStwo that is sitting in my closet, still in the box. I've tried CL to dump it, along with 3 extra controllers and a multitap for $150, but it seems they want games with the f'n thing too for $150.

Standalone slimerer PS2s have been shipped to stores. Unless you're looking to pick up the justice league DVD you're better off to wait for the inevitable price drop all movie based games go through. (I know lego batman isn't a specific movie or anything, and I know it's not even a 100% movie franchise)

It's almost a year later and LEGO Star Wars is still $50 retail, and I don't think it's going to go down in price any time soon. This deal is actually pretty good.

Same here. I had already paid for mine via old-ass PS2 and Xbox games at EBstop but Wal-Mart seems to be the place to get it if you're not looking to trade anything in towards it.

I haven't tried the game yet but I did hook up the system. It is laughably small (har har). The reset/power button is kind of a pain in the ass to hit. After over a year of 360/PS3/Wii, it is really awkward to play a system that doesn't turn off/on via the controllers or a remote.

EDIT - My local Wal-Mart bumped the price up to 149.99. Deal was probably a mistake that they noticed. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back