PS2 Fatal Frame 1 & 3 $24.99 each, Fatal Frame 2 $22.43 with FSSS @ Amazon

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
Thanks for this! Might have to buy Fatal Frame 2. I loved that game back then and was the only real FF I played.

I'm playing Fatal Frame 1 on the Xbox right now and the controls don't seem that great which also raises the difficulty and aggravation for me. Are the sequels more of the same?

I like when people bring out deals of old school games. I'd like to see a HD remake of this with better controls. That won't happen though. They good games, enjoy.

Wow. This is SO HARD to bit on this. SHEESH!!!

I've always wanted all 3 of them. I do enjoy that creepy feel to these games, just like the Siren series. Along with Silent Hill. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

I have found these games to be vastly overrated. I would not spend this much money for any of them. They're probably all re-prints too, just in case anyone here thinks this would be a good price for collecting purposes.

cool. been wanting the first one for a while. since i got 2 and 3 sealed way back in the days which was super rare.

off topic. does anyone know where to get a nice price of Siren for the PS3

Bit on all three games. Used my amazon giftcards I got from bestbuy trading in some Fallout New Vegas. Very good timing OP, I wanted to get Fatal Frame 2 from the gohastings 30% off promo, but it was OOS as I was contemplating it :/

Tempting, but I shall resist.

*Insert generic reply about my Backlog*

[quote name='xRemnant']I like when people bring out deals of old school games. I'd like to see a HD remake of this with better controls. That won't happen though. They good games, enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I think they have a remake coming out for the wii of number 2. I think these games are a perfect fit for the pointer controls. Although, I have to admit having higher resolution assets would be nice, but I am sure it will look amazing in Dolphin.

yah i love this series. anyways, what's the story on the fatal frame that came out for the wii in japan but never got to th U.S? i wish they'd release it here.

Good catches, OP.

If you have an XBOX, FF1 and FF2 are vastly superior on that console compared to their PS2 versions.

Sadly, 3 was never released on the XBOX; still, 3 is a solid title (though IMHO not as good as 2).

[quote name='prisonerac']I think they have a remake coming out for the wii of number 2. I think these games are a perfect fit for the pointer controls. Although, I have to admit having higher resolution assets would be nice, but I am sure it will look amazing in Dolphin.[/QUOTE]

their is a Wii version in development, but it might be Japan only. Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii never made it outside Japan.

[quote name='KornKid91']Tempting, but I shall resist.

*Insert generic reply about my Backlog*[/QUOTE]

It's not a "backlog". It's a "library". ;)

[quote name='Killrig']It's not a "backlog". It's a "library". ;)[/QUOTE]

If you only knew how right you are... ;)

Baah! So tempted to get them all. I'll drink the rest of my beer and then contemplate. And by contemplate I mean I hope I get so drunk that I lose the ability to rationalize and buy all these on pure impulse.

[quote name='ted_bundy']I have found these games to be vastly overrated. I would not spend this much money for any of them. They're probably all re-prints too, just in case anyone here thinks this would be a good price for collecting purposes.[/QUOTE]

hmm was there a GH version for these? im throwing them in my cart now but will be pissed if its a GH version or something

im only getting them for collection purposes honestly. I never was a big fan of horror games. I heard these were prretty good though, i never checked them out

*edit* screw that the prices just went up while they were sitting in my cart! guess im not getting them. What kinda BS is that? they can change a price in your cart in like 5 minutes?

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm was there a GH version for these? im throwing them in my cart now but will be pissed if its a GH version or something

im only getting them for collection purposes honestly. I never was a big fan of horror games. I heard these were prretty good though, i never checked them out

*edit* screw that the prices just went up while they were sitting in my cart! guess im not getting them. What kinda BS is that? they can change a price in your cart in like 5 minutes?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, mate.

Nope, no GH versions of these ever existed (nor were there ever PH versions). These are likely reprints though -- I think they're still available at GQD

As for whether these are worth it strictly for collecting, just keep in mind that none of these games are going to soar in value (especially given the reprint). Now, if you're like me, and just collect to have them all (like Pokemon ^_^) then of course these games are worth it.

I still recommend nabbing FF1 and FF2 on the XBOX -- you'll pay less and the games are much better (improved visuals, more story, new endings).

[quote name='KornKid91']their is a Wii version in development, but it might be Japan only. Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii never made it outside Japan.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo sucks lately, it's sad that that it had to be translated by fans.

I'd like to try these games, but still too pricey. Why aren't these reprinted as a trilogy collection for $30 such as what they did with Metal Gear Solid?

[quote name='bkjohns1']I'd like to try these games, but still too pricey. Why aren't these reprinted as a trilogy collection for $30 such as what they did with Metal Gear Solid?[/QUOTE]

Better yet, A PS3 HD remake of all three of them with Move and 3D support all bundled together that I can play while they also port the 4th to the PS3 with Move/3D incl.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Better yet, A PS3 HD remake of all three of them with Move and 3D support all bundled together that I can play while they also port the 4th to the PS3 with Move/3D incl.[/QUOTE]

really? i shouldve just waited for that but too late i got the ps2 versions.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Better yet, A PS3 HD remake of all three of them with Move and 3D support all bundled together that I can play while they also port the 4th to the PS3 with Move/3D incl.[/QUOTE]

Hah I wish.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Sorry to hear that, mate.

Nope, no GH versions of these ever existed (nor were there ever PH versions). These are likely reprints though -- I think they're still available at GQD

As for whether these are worth it strictly for collecting, just keep in mind that none of these games are going to soar in value (especially given the reprint). Now, if you're like me, and just collect to have them all (like Pokemon ^_^) then of course these games are worth it.

I still recommend nabbing FF1 and FF2 on the XBOX -- you'll pay less and the games are much better (improved visuals, more story, new endings).[/QUOTE]

I did buy 1 and 2. 3 however shot up in price while sitting in my cart.. now i see you mention the xbox version is actually better? lol damnit!

what did they add? Wondering if i should get some copies of that too. As far as collecting went, i didn't mean to re-sell. i meant just to add to my library. Collecting for collecting sake =)

[quote name='trunks982']really? i shouldve just waited for that but too late i got the ps2 versions.[/QUOTE]

No, it was just wishful thinking on my part in response to that they should do a bundle of the 3 PS2 games.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I did buy 1 and 2. 3 however shot up in price while sitting in my cart.. now i see you mention the xbox version is actually better? lol damnit!

what did they add? Wondering if i should get some copies of that too. As far as collecting went, i didn't mean to re-sell. i meant just to add to my library. Collecting for collecting sake =)[/QUOTE]

I only have the 2nd one for xbox but as far as I remember they added 1st person view, which wasn't that bad.

I might bite on this...I've never played the Fatal Frame series. I'll probably just get the first game and see how it goes.

[quote name='Killrig']It's not a "backlog". It's a "library". ;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I like your thinking here.

Hey, does a library call all those unused, unread books on their shelves a "backlog?" Nope, its simply part of their "collection."

I like adding things to my collection.

bread's done
Back