PS2 games on PS3 too dark?

paean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
When I play PS2 games on PS3, all games become very dark (like Devil May Cry), and I don't want to adjust brightness just for PS2 games. PS3 games look fine though. I couldn't find a way to do this in the system/up convert menu.

Do you guys have the same problem? I am connecting the PS3 via component.

I don't think I've played any very dark PS2 games through my PS3 but I haven't really noticed any real games being darker than they should be. I'm connected through HDMI on a CRT HDTV.

Think I actually have an answer to this. Had exact same problem with 60gb model I bought off of ebay. The ps2 games all looked a little dark and the PS3 games looked fine.

Under display settings there is a super white option under display settings, this lightened it up a bit. Compared this using the Lord of the Rings Return of king game on the PS3 and then to the same game on the wii from my gamecube version.

While the super white option helps, this game still looks and plays better on the wii using my gamecube disk. Video playback of the ps2 game on the ps2 was a little slow.

I've noticed that some games are dark - well not to be silly but - Dark Alliance 1 & 2 were dark. But Yourself! Fitness doesn't seem dark. So for me it's game specific - heck ps3 games like R2 and especially COD WAW are too dark. Some games have brightness adjustments - Dark Alliance did. COD WAW does once you are IN a multiplayer game you can access the options menu and adjust brightness. So maybe look for in-game brightness adjustment options.

I wish my PS3 could play PS2 games... I still have to finish God of War II, Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. My PStwo does not recognize controllers!!!

bread's done
Back