PS2 Games

mis0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Just purchased a slim PS2 after I regrettably sold my fat one plus 25+ PS1/PS2 games a couple years back. Trying to start another game library before the PS2 completely fades away. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can purchase PS2 games at a cheap price? I'm already frequenting GS, Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy to try to pick up some cheap games. I'd prefer new games as opposed to used for online sites because I prefer buying used games in store to check out the condition.

Already have:
The Sims - $2 at this bargain store.
LEGO Batman - Came with PS2 bundle.
FFXII - $13 @ GS.
RE4 - $10 @ GS.
DMC3 - $10 @ GS.

Thanks in advance!

I prefer RPG's and Action/Adventure.

Two cheap games I'd recommend are Space Channel 5 Special Edition and Katamari Damacy, $15 and $10 on Amazon respectively.

Hit up the GS buy 2 get 1 sale.

I saw a lot of good games in their under $14.99 bin yesterday for between $7 and $15, plus you can get games for lower than $10 a piece!!!

Just picked up Katamari Damacy from Amazon. Heard a lot of good things about it, and at $9.97 shipped, it's a steal.

Persona 3/4 are a little too pricey for my college student budget right now, so I'll probably pass on those.. for now.

I'm actually planning on stopping by GS today just to check out their deals. Ahaha.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, keep them coming. :bouncy:

If you like fighting games at all, there's a ton of cheap stuff on PS2-- I just picked up the Art of Fighting Anthology on eBay for 99 cents plus shipping. Retro compilations are another good value.

Just picked up:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Kingdom Hearts
NBA Street
Gran Turismo 3: APEC

From my local GS. $43.06 for everything. :bouncy:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Rogue Galaxy is a pretty cool RPG from the studio that made Dragon Quest VIII. I think you can find it new for ~$15 or less.[/quote]

loved that game and that type of game but i dont find many of them. it was great the only downside are the random battles

Dragon Quest! First one I played was DQIII for the GBC and it was EPIC. Wanted VIII, but my local GS didn't have a used copy. I should probably cough up the extra $5 and pick it up new along with Disgaea I and KH2, but I'm just so cheap. Haha.

Ryuu: Thanks for all the input man, I might pick up Rogue Galaxy now. The gameplay and cell shading really seems like my cup of tea.

Will report on my purchases. My library of games expanded from 5 to 12 in just a couple of days. :)

No problem man. I thought of another RPG that's cheap to find: Wild ARMs 3. I haven't played that one yet but I like the other games in the series. You might want to check it out.

I used to have Wild Arms 3 before I first sold all my consoles a couple years back. Tried looking for it at GS with no avail. Gonna check out the other ones in my area when I have time. :)

Any other suggestions everyone? Preferably under $15 new and under $10 used. I'm stopping by Target and Best Buy daily. :bouncy:

Oh man, ps2 games are my specialty... Here are a few cheap ones you may like...

The Suffering 1/2 - 3rd person shooter/horror game
Psi-Ops - 3rd Person shooter/psychic, spell like game
Jade Cocoon 2 - RPG/Collector/Breeder type game (more mature pokemon game)
Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave - Strategy RPGs
Xenosaga Series - RPGs (1st is very cinematic intensive, so try not to let that deter you from the other 2)
Valkyrie Profile 2 - RPG
Odin Sphere - RPG
Grimgrimoire - RTS/RPG
Dark Cloud 1/2 - Action RPG (highly recommend 1st one)
Legacy of Kain and Blood Omen games - Dark Action games (similar theme to Castlevania)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - RPG

That's just a few of my favorite PS2 games that I could think of off the top of my head. I own every one of those games and can vouch for their quality. They are all great games.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'll be looking into all the games mentioned.

For those who may be interested.. I picked up Ratchet and Clank along with Jak III from my local Best Buy for $5 each. Checked online and they're actually cheaper than the used copies at GS.

You must own both of these!
Psychonauts $12.99 used at gs
Beyond good and evil $5.99 used at gs

if you like the wild arms series i highly recommend 4, but not 5

Digital Devil saga was great but they are not cheap used.

I think I saw Persona 3 (Not the FES version) for 14.99 (used) at GS. Not new but a pretty decent deal if you can find it or wait till FES drops.

Resident Evil Code Veronica - $4.99 this week at GS .

bread's done
Back