PS2 Growlanser V $40 (Misprint in GameCrazy AD)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Just a quick heads up! The latest GameCrazy ad flyer has the PS2 rpg epic Growlanser V Heritage of War advertised for $40. I'm pretty sure it's a misprint, but was wondering will they honor the price in their ad? PM with another retailer is a possibility, but never done it before. Any input?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Best Buy has this on their website.

So, how bout it, Ricky?[/quote]Unfortunately BB also had Persona 3 on their website and that turned into a giant clusterfuck. You're guaranteed some kind of trouble when you're looking at a game they get a week after everyone else.

I dont know what you mean. Hell, Best Buy got Persona 3 before my Gamecrazy did. I was holding it in my hand in the store when I called Gamecrazy to check if they had gotten it. They just got it in, but it was Friday already.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont know what you mean. Hell, Best Buy got Persona 3 before my Gamecrazy did. I was holding it in my hand in the store when I called Gamecrazy to check if they had gotten it. They just got it in, but it was Friday already.[/quote]Some Best Buys got P3 the week it launched, some got it later, most never got it. Their system had it listed for the following week. By the time the following week rolled around, it was deleted from the system. Using my district as an example, two of the ten stores had the game.

[quote name='jaybird']I dobut anyone besides Gamestop will even carry this game. I'll be shocked if it's in the normal PM places.[/QUOTE]

I saw the box art at TRU today for a display only copy.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Just a quick heads up! The latest GameCrazy ad flyer has the PS2 rpg epic Growlanser V Heritage of War advertised for $40. I'm pretty sure it's a misprint, but was wondering will they honor the price in their ad? PM with another retailer is a possibility, but never done it before. Any input?[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP!!! I was able to snag one for $40 at my local GameCrazy. The computer rang it up at $50 but when I showed the kid behind the counter the ad he made a couple of calls and was able to give it to me for $40.

[quote name='furor']Thanks OP!!! I was able to snag one for $40 at my local GameCrazy. The computer rang it up at $50 but when I showed the kid behind the counter the ad he made a couple of calls and was able to give it to me for $40.[/QUOTE]

I went in to pick-up my pre-order and he rang it up for $49.99. I showed him the ad and he said ok.

scored. saw the ad and told the price to the girl while she rung me up. the manager was there and he said it was a mistake apparently (which i didn't think so) that it rang at $50. so he allowed it. $40 bucks for Growlanser. awesome deal. they even had the price up on the wall that says $39.99. thanks OP!!!

I went to Game Crazy and it rang up for 49.99. I showed him the ad, he was a really nice guy and he sold it to me 39.99.

[quote name='refusedchaos']my GC says they cant and are not supposed to honor it since it says on the ad that all prices can change without notice[/QUOTE]
I can't believe they won't settle for $39.99. That must be one busy ass Game Crazy if the manager (or whoever you spoke to) is stuck up enough to reject customers of $10 of $50. The managers around here would look at the box art and be like RPG? This isn't going to sell! Take it for $40 please...

[quote name='ZerotypeX']where is this gc add you speak of?[/quote]

they have em at the counter. just look for the game i think its on the second page should clearly say $39.99. they also had free bioshock ep's by the register so don't forget to grab one, or a few.:)

Got super rejected @ 2 GCs....just my luck, everybody stole my karma from this thread, lol. Anyway, good to hear many people scored a copy. Can a good samaritan elaborate on the quality of the artbook and bonus contents? May be that will encourage me to give it another go this weekend.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Got super rejected @ 2 GCs....just my luck, everybody stole my karma from this thread, lol. Anyway, good to hear many people scored a copy. Can a good samaritan elaborate on the quality of the artbook and bonus contents? May be that will encourage me to give it another go this weekend.[/quote]
Someone posted a high-res picture of the contents in the PS2 forum.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153244

The artbook is very nice, with about half of it covering Heritage of War, and the other half covering the rest of the series. The keychain in pretty sturdy metal, the cards and pins are about what you'd expect from cards and pins ;) and the media DVD just contains the opening movie, a slideshow of images, and some Growlanser trivia.

So there's no audio tracks or score on the bonus media disc? Although I read that the music was average at best, that's kinda disappointing to not have the OST included. I appreciate the insights.

Doh, I got shot down for a price modification after buying the game for $50. I was going to keep it if they gave me $10 back, but they didn't, so I decided to exchange it for Metroid Prime 3.

bread's done
Back