PS2 HDD - hmm...is it durable?!?

mentos888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got the HDD + a used gamecrazy network adapter and was wondering how durable is the sony ps2 hdd because i'll be doing a little bit of travelling in a little while....

what's the best way to transport it at the airport?
1) in a carry-on bag or should i....
2) risk sending it on the dreaded conveyer belt o'death where it could be shaked , rattled and rolled into an early demise!??

also, where can i find a list of ps2 games that can be played online?

thanks in advance...

[quote name='mentos888']Just got the HDD + a used gamecrazy network adapter and was wondering how durable is the sony ps2 hdd because i'll be doing a little bit of travelling in a little while....

2) risk sending it on the dreaded conveyer belt o'death where it could be shaked , rattled and rolled into an early demise!??[/QUOTE]

Thing is with hd's, you could shake the hell out of them and they might start up now, but you would run into problems a year or two down the line. So I would just carry it on myself.

Just got the HDD + a used gamecrazy network adapter and was wondering how durable is the sony ps2 hdd because i'll be doing a little bit of travelling in a little while....

2) risk sending it on the dreaded conveyer belt o'death where it could be shaked , rattled and rolled into an early demise!??

1. I would, but more because of theft problems.
2. If you pack the PS2 surrounded by a lot of clothes, it should be okay for the most part, but if you're concerned, it's better for your peace of mind to take it on the plane with you.

The PS2 official HDD is a rebranded Maxtor, which tend to be pretty durable drives in my experience.

bread's done
Back