PS2 Killzone demo : 1 cent at Circuit City (ymmv?)

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got a PS2 Killzone demo for one cent at Circuit City, it was even marked with a 0.01 pricetag. There were a bunch of them, next to the counter, along with the jampacks and Exhibition disks etc. Pretty cool, and according to the cover, this is only available at CC. And it comes in a standard game case if you just want to stock up on cases!

[quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote] Thats funny considering its from this guy with two halo pics. You're obviously a halo fanboy. Can I have an opinion from someone who played the demo and doesnt put pics of halo as their sig? Why should I stay away from it? Is it not worth a penny? :roll: :imwithst: :rofl:[/quote]

I was a beta tester as well, and I actually enjoyed the game. It was all online, so I don't know anything about the single player mode. I don't generally like FPS, but I had a good time with Killzone.

Thanks. Picked up a copy today. The guy was really surprised but was cool enough to give it to me. I had to break a nickel to buy it though :(

Problem with Sony PS betas is that they are really PROMOS for there games. In FFXI what did they fix in beta? I have done Sony's betas for FFXI,Hotshots golf FORE ,Socom 2,RE:eek:utbreak and more and I woud say most of the time it's a promo for the game more then a beta. Like in Socom 2 we got the beta 2-3 weeks before it was for sale, and did they fix stuff before it shipped? No. Same with FFXI but we had that for months and they still didn't fix much, but what had to be fixed? It was just a translation for jap to Eng.

i played the demo a bit today:
the first level, you get stuck and cant move your character, the hit detection was very good for all of the guns except one. and they make it too easy to get a head shot.

the second level you get to choose different characters and they get a slightly different way through the level, but there were some bugs:

you need to climb a rope to get to the second floor of a building, but if you try to climb up agaiin, your character climbs up, but you climb up to the first level, from the second level, you are going up on the rope, but it puts you back on the first level.

semi decent fps game, wait for it to be ten bucks or less before picking up the game

i doubt gamerush would take the demo, but the actual game might not have these bugs in them, tho i bet they have bugs

Yeah, I should have clarified what I meant. Once I beat the actual game I will trade it in, since I have already pre-ordered it.

I have an extra demo copy of killzone. If anyone wants to trade me pm me. I'm interested in any other demo and or the new oxm demo with outrun 2.

[quote name='Zombie']Can someone get me a demo?[/quote]

i wont play mine again, but i am using the case. i would ship it in a regular cd case.

I don't feel like reading through the whole thread...but this was probably already mentioned...but I'll mention it anyway.

I got one free at EB today, I just asked if I could take one and they said Ok.

[quote name='Shayde']I don't feel like reading through the whole thread...but this was probably already mentioned...but I'll mention it anyway.

I got one free at EB today, I just asked if I could take one and they said Ok.[/quote]

Are you serious? I thought that they were CC exclusive? Can someone confirm this?

Do the EB ones have any "demo disc, not for resale" stuff on the cover? The CC ones have the Circuit City logo as well as "PRESELL DEMO DISC" and stuff. If the EB one doesn't have any of that (notably a store logo), then I might want to scour one of those up.

I got two of them at the CC in Glendale, Arizona today (I actually got them for their cases). They had at least 10 more in case any other Arizonians are looking for one.

EDIT: By the way, the demos were stacked on a bottom shelf with the full-price PS2 games. The were placed with the spine facing out, so the price tag wasn't visible to people just walking by. The only other thing I bought was Mark of Kri for $5, and had no problem with getting the 2 demos.

Mine actually had the $0.01 price tag, adn they were in the games section in all their glory. The guy who helped me find it said it was a "limit of 3", and although I probably could've gotten more, I didn't, just the 3, nothing else.

Finally tried it; the graphics and just the textures and looks are IMO identical to Silent Hill 3. I remember when the screen-shots for SH3 first came out, and everyone was saying it was going to be one of the best PS2 games graphically.

Anyways, that's aside the point. The whole game seemed choppy, and the in-game graphics, especially when firing were not smooth. Somewhat bad hit detection; the target never turned red, even when you have it right at the enemy, and sometimes turned red when you were way off (I also couldn't get more than 16% accuracy; could be because I suck, could be because of bad hit detection, could be both :)). However, I enjoyed myself. And I realize the reload animations were annoying and long, but they were there to simulate an even more realistic feel. And besides, that's why they allow you to duck.

Overall, judging from the demo, I'd give this game a 6.5/10, but yes, it is still a demo, and final products usually drastically change from their BETAs/demos.

bread's done
Back