PS2 King of Fighters 2002/2003 for $40 + free shipping

[quote name='sarausagi']Isn't this available at GS/EB for $18 if you can find it?

Or is this a new ttle or rerelease?[/quote]
The website says released 9/8/2006, I don't know what's the difference between this and previous version.

This game has been out since Spring of 2005 if I remember right but it is/was kind of hard to find. $39.99 was the retail price when it was released. There's also Xbox version which I prefer just for Xbox live. KOF 2003 was awesome online (no one really plays anymore) There was very little lag and you could even get some decent connection with players in Japan. 2002, for some reason, was very laggy and difficult to play online.

Haha... Anyway, Sorry that I'm rambling on, it's just that I love fighting games. But yeah KOF 2002/2003 has been out for a while and I'm sure that if you look hard enough you can find a better price than $40.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']it's 19.99 at a nearby gamestop[/quote]

Is that new or used? YMMV? B&M I assume.

[quote name='zephyrs']This game has been out since Spring of 2005 if I remember right but it is/was kind of hard to find. $39.99 was the retail price when it was released. There's also Xbox version which I prefer just for Xbox live. KOF 2003 was awesome online (no one really plays anymore) There was very little lag and you could even get some decent connection with players in Japan. 2002, for some reason, was very laggy and difficult to play online.

Haha... Anyway, Sorry that I'm rambling on, it's just that I love fighting games. But yeah KOF 2002/2003 has been out for a while and I'm sure that if you look hard enough you can find a better price than $40.[/QUOTE]

I have to say that anyone who doesn't like fighting games just doesn't know what they're missing

I'd love to find a copy of this...all I have is a PSOne King of Fighters and Capcom VS SNK 2..

[quote name='o2012o']The movie is called "An Inconvenient Truth". Not "The Inconvenient Truth" :cool:[/quote]

Thanks for the correction. Please PM if you find other typos, thanks again.

Thanks OP.

As other's have mentioned it's $17.99 used if you can find it at your local EB/Gamestop. I find though that I run into more Xbox copies of the game than PS2 copies.

I originally was going to pick this up, but I found an import copy of KOF 2002 for $11 recently on Ebay. So on goes the search for a cheap copy of KOF 2003 :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Thanks OP.

As other's have mentioned it's $17.99 used if you can find it at your local EB/Gamestop. I find though that I run into more Xbox copies of the game than PS2 copies.

I originally was going to pick this up, but I found an import copy of KOF 2002 for $11 recently on Ebay. So on goes the search for a cheap copy of KOF 2003 :)[/quote]

How's the quality of the disc bought from Ebay?

[quote name='dbz4ever']How's the quality of the disc bought from Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Awesome. It's an original/legit copy, but obviously you need a way to play Japanese PS2 games.

[quote name='asianxcore']obviously you need a way to play Japanese PS2 games.[/quote]

Haha, yup, I know of a way ^^

Do a search on eBay and you'll find a ton of them. It's pretty hard to find at Gamestop/EB (there are zero within 25 miles of me), but I'm going say it's been reprinted. Expect Gamestop to get quite a few, and for the price to go up.

I got mine new for PS2 for retail not long after release. Now, here is hoping that KOF XI get's released for Wii as it sounds like SNKPlaymore is targeting Nintendo and (with the exception of 3D projects) is moving support away from Sony and Microsoft. Sony of NA probably wouldn't allow it on PS3 or even PS2. And I really don't want to buy X-BOX 360 for maybe 2 games when 99% of it's library is unitnteresting to me.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Wii as it sounds like SNKPlaymore is targeting Nintendo And I really don't want to buy X-BOX 360 for maybe 2 games when 99% of it's library is unitnteresting to me.[/QUOTE]
Where do you gather this from? I'll I've heard is that they are dumping a Metal Slug collection on the Wii. And that you don't want an Xbox360. I realize it is tempting to dream, but Wii just doesn't seem like a good home for fighters, with it's initial pad (Yeah, I know there is a retro pad)

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I got mine new for PS2 for retail not long after release. Now, here is hoping that KOF XI get's released for Wii as it sounds like SNKPlaymore is targeting Nintendo and (with the exception of 3D projects) is moving support away from Sony and Microsoft. Sony of NA probably wouldn't allow it on PS3 or even PS2. And I really don't want to buy X-BOX 360 for maybe 2 games when 99% of it's library is unitnteresting to me.[/quote]

That would be nice. I'd love to see that game come out on any system for that matter. I hope they roll out more SNK fighters in the US soon.

This isn't a deal in the slightest sense. It's $10 at CC, $13 at Toys R Us, and $20 at Gamestop, all brand-new.

[quote name='Rozz']This isn't a deal in the slightest sense. It's $10 at CC, $13 at Toys R Us, and $20 at Gamestop, all brand-new.[/quote]

I don't know if it's same as before, but this is a new release or re-release. I am sorry if you don't think it's a deal. :cry:

[quote name='Rozz']This isn't a deal in the slightest sense. It's $10 at CC, $13 at Toys R Us, and $20 at Gamestop, all brand-new.[/quote]
That is, IF you can find it in stock.

[quote name='Rozz']This isn't a deal in the slightest sense. It's $10 at CC, $13 at Toys R Us, and $20 at Gamestop, all brand-new.[/QUOTE]

yep, and I'm sure Suikoden 2 is clearanced out new at these stores for under $10 as well :p

the only anti-deal part is that it can be had at Gamestop for $17.99 used, if you can find it. but there's a good chance you can't.

[quote name='SDC']Where do you gather this from? I'll I've heard is that they are dumping a Metal Slug collection on the Wii. And that you don't want an Xbox360. I realize it is tempting to dream, but Wii just doesn't seem like a good home for fighters, with it's initial pad (Yeah, I know there is a retro pad)[/QUOTE]

In an interview, someone from SNK USA (May have been Ben Herman) stated that they were moving away from Sony and Microsoft as both Playstation 3 and X-BOX 360 are focusing heavily on graphics and thus felt that neither was the ideal climate for their 2D games. He stressed that Wii was where they would be focusing as Nintendo has less focus on graphics and that they were confident of the future of the platform. I would think it would be a safer bet for SNKPlaymore Japan, as X-BOX has not been the most popular. 360 has not done the greatest. Last Christmas they sat around while the DS was the popular selling system. A friend of mine in Japan doesn't paint a good picture of it's popularity, either. My own lack of interest in it is due to it not having any games that interest me. I play Anime styled RPG's, 2D fighting, puzzle, sidescroll, and wacky Japanese games (Electroplankton, Phoenix Wright, Katamari). I don't like FPS, militaria, or sports games so it doesn't offer me much of anything. If Microsoft can woo more Japanese developers to focus more on it, then maybe I will get one at some point. So, in the meantime, I am hopeful that SNK's games end up on a platform that has more promise for my interests.

At GameQuest Direct
CvS2 also had a re-print, so I'm pretty sure this has as well. I can't fully attest to this as factual, but the signs seem to be there. It's been out of stock everywhere for months - you can't find it at brick and mortar stores - now it's popping up online? My prediction? Expect to start finding these at Gamestop/EB for $29.99 soon, then, expect it to come down to $24.99 a while after.

Where did you get the info for the capcom snk 2 for the PS2 reprint? I did not know that, love that game but if it is getting reprinted, I need to dump mine now.

[quote name='Brill']At GameQuest Direct
CvS2 also had a re-print, so I'm pretty sure this has as well. I can't fully attest to this as factual, but the signs seem to be there. It's been out of stock everywhere for months - you can't find it at brick and mortar stores - now it's popping up online? My prediction? Expect to start finding these at Gamestop/EB for $29.99 soon, then, expect it to come down to $24.99 a while after.[/QUOTE]

Capcom vs. Snk 2 isn't in stock. and there are only 10 copies of KoF2002/2003, which I think they've had for a while (I remember them having it at this price when I was searching for a copy used months ago.)

Seriously, not everything GQD gets in stock is a reprint. there have been a bunch of "GQD reprinted XYZ" claims lately and it's all on stuff that has been there for a while.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Where did you get the info for the capcom snk 2 for the PS2 reprint? I did not know that, love that game but if it is getting reprinted, I need to dump mine now.[/quote]

Hahaha a good spy never reveal his/her source. But if you wanna off load your game, GS is selling used for $30. Maybe you'll get more in Ebay.

Why dump the game if it's gonna get reprint?

Hmm, maybe I will pick up that sealed copy at Toys R Us for $13.99. They had a few.

BTW Apposum Sukoden II is $60 at Gamestop :razz:

[quote name='Apossum']Capcom vs. Snk 2 isn't in stock. and there are only 10 copies of KoF2002/2003, which I think they've had for a while (I remember them having it at this price when I was searching for a copy used months ago.)

Seriously, not everything GQD gets in stock is a reprint. there have been a bunch of "GQD reprinted XYZ" claims lately and it's all on stuff that has been there for a while.[/quote]

I didn't say GQD did the re-print on CvS2, but I do know that Gamestop stores started recieving copies of it from their warehouse a few months back. Brand new copies of the game, taken out of the plastic but still sealed, and with the white "R" labels on the back. Whether it was a re-print or not, Gamestop got an influx of them from somewhere. Now, as for King of Fighters, I don't remember seeing them around as much as I have recently, so I'm only guessing that they'll start ending up at Gamestops.
Oh, and I wasn't suggesting that GQD reprinted them, simply that they're not too rare anymore (so it seems). I was only linking them because the price is $34.99. Of course, that doesn't incluse shipping, but... .

[quote name='djkunai']Um... no. There's not enough demand for this game to warrant a reprint.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I bought this myself @ gamequestdirect & can confirm this is reprint cuz there's no security sticker on it by Sony. But it was factory sealed like all other newer reprints. If you like this game, be sure to get KOF Maximum Impact collectors edition. Amazon had it before for $9.99 a while back which was a real sweet deal !

[quote name='kimmeenjee']If you like this game, be sure to get KOF Maximum Impact collectors edition. Amazon had it before for $9.99 a while back which was a real sweet deal ![/quote]

Oh ya, I got it right here, buddy.

bread's done
Back