ps2 lens cleaner deals?

likenew

CAGiversary!
i bought star ocean till the end of time for the ps2, but now part way though, i get to a spot and a box pops up saying "reading data from disc" and doesn't go away. i bought it from ebay, first purchase from there(free because of paypal money i took surveys for).

anyway, emailed square enix about it, they gave a few suggestions. put the ps2 on its side to play the game, doesn't help, use a lens cleaner, buy a newer ps2(i have the big black box), or possible the star ocean disc is bad.

so, looking for lens cleaner deals since that will be cheaper then buying a new ps2, if it works that is...

Disc Read Error, short term DRE.... There is a lot of factors that cause this problem. Bad Laser, laser needed to be calibrated, bad motor, and so on. You problem need to know specifically what is your ps2 symptoms
are

if it's the old big ps2, it's more then likely on it's way to the graveyard, went through 3 of those due to the DRE error in 4 years of hard use. You could try compressed air- i don't like the lens cleaners due to the brushes on the disc that's supposed to clean the lens can scratch it as well. You could go into the ps2's system configuration and turn diagnostic on, resets the laser. this will only work for a lil bit, and then it's not gonna help anymore. might as well bite the bullet an pick up a new (or used) system.
like above post says, could be many things. the laser is going, it's not balancing correctly ect ect. check the disc for scratches, gamecrazy can resurface them for a couple bucks (don't use disc doctor, it does more harm then good)

thats the only game i've ever had any kind of error with, everything else plays fine as far as i can tell. even that game up until that corner i can't pass :(

did the free month of gamefly deal and rented star ocean just to see if it does it on a different star ocean game too. i think it will be here tomorrow so i can test it out ;-)

I had a similar issue with god of war 2. I say just to buy a new game because it sounds like the game is damaged.

ya, my star ocean rental came a little while ago, and it worked great. i'll just return the defective game.

bread's done
Back