PS2 - Mega Man X Collection $12.58 on Amazon.com!

[quote name='henry00x']never played any of these games, is it good?[/QUOTE]
I'm most familiar with X and X2, they are fantastic platformers very much in the spirit of the NES games. I've heard that the series went downhill as it went on, but at any rate for $12 it's worth it even if you only enjoy some of the games.

X3 is alright, i only played it on the mega man x collection when i rented it years ago since X3 was super rare when it came out. but yes , X1 and X2 are amazing, just the last boss is fucking hard as hell haha .

fu sigma :p

If I remember correctly(its been 10-15 years since I've played most of them) these mega man games were really hard.

[quote name='Denbo32']If I remember correctly(its been 10-15 years since I've played most of them) these mega man games were really hard.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the definition of Mega Man. Certainly X was tough. I bought it back in the day and was never able to get anywhere with it.

X-X4 were fun, but it started jumping the shark after 5. On the bright side, you were able to use the z-saber and play as zero in later games.

Street Fighter moves made the games a walk in the park though.

I have a shitty used copy of this so I'm absolutely in for one new! Amazing find OP. Didn't think there would be any new copies of this out there for so cheap.

I do have full package versions of X1-3 on SNES, but I don't like to touch those for collectors reasons, which is why I like this package =)

Already have it, but anyone who doesn't should snag this NOW. It's not as game-packed as the original Mega Man Anniversary Collection, but it's still pretty awesome.

[quote name='theking20']thanks for the heads up op, bummer its not the gamecube version, anyway bought! :D[/QUOTE]

what's the difference between the ps2 and gc versions?

how can anyone not remember playing the X series, I picked one up myself also. Playing this will bring back memories of my younger days

I think people may be thinking of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection (NES games), which had different bonus content across the two versions, as well as some music/control issues IIRC.

Well I'm just wondering why the Gamecube copy goes for $80-100 new but the PS2 version sells for $12.

Is it just because they printed less copies?

[quote name='Az986']Well I'm just wondering why the Gamecube copy goes for $80-100 new but the PS2 version sells for $12.

Is it just because they printed less copies?[/QUOTE]
pretty much. before the reprint, ps2 copies were quite expensive. i personally prefer the ps2 version because the button configuration on the controller just feels so much more comfortable.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think people may be thinking of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection (NES games), which had different bonus content across the two versions, as well as some music/control issues IIRC.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah the gc was horrible for the only reason that the shoot and jump buttons were reversed and you couldn't change them. you could only enjoy it if you were a masochist or a dyslexic.

Gamecube version has slightly better sound emulation, I remember the buster charge effect sounding a bit different in the PS2 version, but other than that they're identical AFAIK and there's no real reason not to get it on PS2 if you want to play these games.

My big gripe is they removed the soundbite of X shouting "Hadoken!" At least it's intact on the Virtual Console release of X!

This collection is awesome, but I hate that X3 is the Saturn or playstation version. I think the music sounds terrible and they should have used the Snes music instead.

[quote name='lutz']Capcom has forsaken Megaman, so this might be valuable some day.[/QUOTE]

It actually was for a while before it was reprinted. Used to sell for 50 bucks used about a year ago.

I might be that the original SNES X3 (heck, even X2) were hard to emulate. As far as I remember, both used custom cartridge chipsets for the various effects in each game. My guess is that X3 might have needed to be the 32-bit version simply for the ease of porting.

Having said that, it's still a great collection and one that contains games most people wouldn't have had the chance to play otherwise in any form.

yeah, I think they went with the 32bit version because it was easier to emulate. Mega Man 7 on the other collection had to go through the chomper a bit as well when it was ported.

[quote name='Denbo32']If I remember correctly(its been 10-15 years since I've played most of them) these mega man games were really hard.[/QUOTE]]
These games aren't hard at all if you put effort into them.

[quote name='Az986']Well I'm just wondering why the Gamecube copy goes for $80-100 new but the PS2 version sells for $12.

Is it just because they printed less copies?[/QUOTE]

Yea, i skipped buying this earlier today b/c i thought i had the GC version...but i just remembered i sold it when i saw the going rate and put it on my goozex want list, which never matched up. Of course, no more are left at that price. =]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i skipped buying this earlier today b/c i thought i had the GC version...but i just remembered i sold it when i saw the going rate and put it on my goozex want list, which never matched up. Of course, no more are left at that price. =][/QUOTE]

The GC version is really that rare? Wow, I let my girlfriend's younger brothers borrow my GC and both Mega Man Collection games. :whistle2:# I now regret my decision.

Capcom disowned Mega Man :( there own freaking mascot... it makes me sick to my stomach.. alot of people refuse to buy anything from Capcom now because of Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Capcom disowned Mega Man :( there own freaking mascot... it makes me sick to my stomach.. alot of people refuse to buy anything from Capcom now because of Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Correction: alot of people WEREN'T buying from Capcom, therefore they cancelled Legends 3. Boycotting them now is like boycotting the titanic in 1913. Also, I don't know when the Legends series became a cornestone of Capcom's portfolio, but it sure as shit wasn't this popular pre-mortem, same with Universe.

Also, if THIS makes you sick to your stomach, I'd hate to see how real situations take their toll on you... do you vomit profusely when you get cut off on the freeway? Explosive diarrhea when you get a pop quiz?

To those who doubt Hubbagames reshrinking their games, my copy arrived today from HUbbagames today, its y-fold brand new sealed!

[quote name='The Punisher']isnt the gamecube better then the ps2?

Debating for which console....

Oh, good price for new vs Gamestop $10[/QUOTE]

that's gamestop for you

[quote name='The Punisher']isnt the gamecube better then the ps2?

Debating for which console....

Oh, good price for new vs Gamestop $10[/QUOTE]

I believe the versions of this are pretty much the same, it was the Mega Man Anniversary Collection that was different.

[quote name='mickleohb']I believe the versions of this are pretty much the same, it was the Mega Man Anniversary Collection that was different.[/QUOTE]

oops. i was thinking of that one. Thanks on the correction.
Which one is better anniversary edition for ps2 or gamecube?

bread's done
Back