PS2 memory card deals?

roachie17

CAGiversary!
Hello,

Just ran out of space on my 2 PS2 mem cards. Does anyone know of any current deals for Sony PS2 memory cards?

Thanks!

Not a PS2 memory card but TRU still has those memory expanders from Intec where you have to plug your real PS2 card into it and it'll add 8 (one card) or 16 (two cards) megs to your original card (you have to switch between the original card and the expansion memory by pressing a button on the expander). I have one that I use only for archiving big saves (such as sports seasons) but I don't use it extensively so I can't tell you how reliable it will be.

If anyone has used these and have had good or bad luck with them, I'd like to hear about it. If you find them at TRU, they'll probably be $3 and $6 (depending on 8 or 16 meg versions).

Hmm, I can't say I know of any deals, but usually local shops carry used Sony cards that you can pick up on the cheap. At least there're tons of local shops in NY (not eb or gs). As for using memory additions/expansion tools (specially from Intec), I would say stay away unless you want to lose your precious data. If you're looking for a serious backup utility, invest a little more into a memory manager that can be found at import retailers like ncsx. They're not cheap, but they're very reliable, and allow you to have infinite space (well as much as your computer will allow)

bread's done
Back