PS2 Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance $16.98 shipped AC @ Gamestop.com

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
I've noticed that the game has been in stock off and on for about a week. It goes for about $40 shipped on eBay, so I figured this would be a good deal for anyone looking to buy this game at less than eBay prices. Use the 25offBN coupon to get 25% off the original price of $19.99. :wink:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938518

The only possible problem is that it may or may not include the instructions and original case.

Hmm, I'd rather buy from EBGames online for PS2 games, but this is still the best deal around for Substance.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Thanks OP! I just ordered 8 for $126 shipped with the coupon MYBMYS25.

eBay and GameTZ, here I come! ^_~[/quote]

I really hope you are joking otherwise prepare to be flamed, F'N hoarder.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']^^I read someone's post earlier that they only got the disk from gamestop and they were pissed (so would I)...[/quote]

My copy came with the original case but no instructions. I believe Gamestop gives more for complete games though, so you should have a decent chance of getting it complete.

[quote name='punqsux']16.98*8=135.84

lies[/quote]

Yeah but it's only $16.98 for 1 copy because $14.99 plus value shipping. If you buy multiples, each one is $14.99 with coupon plus a flat rate shipping.

8 * 15 = 120

Plus $6 shipping (faster shipping method) so $126 does work out

[quote name='EnderBui']But...don't they usually send disk only?[/quote]

can you send them back? or exchange them in store?

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Thanks OP! I just ordered 8 for $126 shipped with the coupon MYBMYS25.

go back to fatwallet

or gaydouches.com

or something

or sell me one cheap :)

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='cruzincontrol']^^I read someone's post earlier that they only got the disk from gamestop and they were pissed (so would I)...[/quote]

My copy came with the original case but no instructions. I believe Gamestop gives more for complete games though, so you should have a decent chance of getting it complete.[/quote]

Unless there's been a policy change recently, Gamestop has always paid the same amount for used games regardless of whether it is complete or not, at least at the ones in the L.A. area.

[quote name='siamesellama']The coupon code 25offBN doesn't work. :?[/quote]

You have to sign up for an account at BN.com and then access Gamestop.com through the link on their front page.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='onikage'][quote name='cruzincontrol']^^I read someone's post earlier that they only got the disk from gamestop and they were pissed (so would I)...[/quote]

My copy came with the original case but no instructions. I believe Gamestop gives more for complete games though, so you should have a decent chance of getting it complete.[/quote]

Unless there's been a policy change recently, Gamestop has always paid the same amount for used games regardless of whether it is complete or not, at least at the ones in the L.A. area.[/quote]

I don't know about B&M stores, but the online rep I spoke to told me that they do pay more for complete games than just a disc or disc/case.

I just ordered two copies. I guess that increases my odds to 2 in a million of getting it in good condition.

BTW, in my experience, Gamestop.com is pretty easy going about unopened returns.

[quote name='siamesellama']I just ordered two copies. I guess that increases my odds to 2 in a million of getting it in good condition.

BTW, in my experience, Gamestop.com is pretty easy going about unopened returns.[/quote]

but these are PO so they will be opened , so would they take them back still?

Sad...

[quote name='js1'][quote name='siamesellama']I just ordered two copies. I guess that increases my odds to 2 in a million of getting it in good condition.

BTW, in my experience, Gamestop.com is pretty easy going about unopened returns.[/quote]

but these are PO so they will be opened , so would they take them back still?[/quote]

They still seal them.

I've done it before when they sent me a Cubivore in a cardboard sleeve. I just sealed the package back up and sent it back.

The link still says it's in stock but when you add it to your cart it shows that it's back-ordered. It'll probably come back in stock next time they update though.

I picked up a copy of this at GameCrazy a few months back for ten dollars, completely intact. That particular store has been pretty good to me, though-- I got a copy of ZOE 2 from them for eight dollars two or three weeks ago due to someone mis-pricing the game.

NO, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE TO CONTRIBUTE, I JUST WANTED TO BRAG. :lol:

[quote name='burymewithit']NO, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE TO CONTRIBUTE, I JUST WANTED TO BRAG. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, we should really add a bragging forum here.

..wait a second..

15 dollars on an old game which you can find the original sons of liberty for about 5 bucks....

Or... Double it, throw in five or 7 bucks, go to Fry's and get the much cooler, Raiden-less, MGS 3 this weekend... =D

Oh lil dude who bought a bunch of substances, please tell us if they come in disc only or complete. I'm just curious.

[quote name='nikkai']15 dollars on an old game which you can find the original sons of liberty for about 5 bucks....[/quote]

This version has a shit load of VR Missions which is what I get the most playtime out of. I have the Xbox version but I much prefer the Dual Shock for MGS.

I hope this doesn't count as hoarding but I purchased 2 MGS:S like 2 weeks ago from gamestop. None of them came sealed. Both came with coverart but only 1 came with a manual.

i would like to buy this game, but since i've already beaten MGS2 i would rather trade for the game than buy it. so look for my tradelist.... some.... day..... :D

bread's done
Back