PS2 modding in NYC

Pasco

CAGiversary!
I've looked around online, and I can't seem to find a decent deal on a modded (slim) PS2. (And there is still no simple solution like the original PlayStation.) I have come to the conclusion that I'll just purchase a new PS2 and find a place to get it modded for a reasonable price. While I'm enjoying GOWII immensely, I purchased a few imports from Play-Asia and I have yet to play them (primarily Sam Sho). I figure I should be able to keep costs down if I purchase a system on my own and bring it to a seedy hole in the wall, er, I mean shop to get the thing altered. I would preferably like to get it done in Manhattan, since I work in the city, and could drop it off and pick it up with relative ease. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Is modding really not allowed to be discussed here? It's not like he's asking how to play burned games or anything (even if that's the intent).

Just to let you know there have been a handful of PS2 modding cases on The People's Court over the past several years or so, almost all of them based in Manhattan. If you really want to go that route, caveat emptor.

Honestly, I say look into getting a Japanese PS2 over at Play-Asia if you can. With the 20% Crazy Week sale it should be around the price of a standard PS2 after shipping or so. It won't be the greatest deal in the world but it saves a few headaches and dealing with some unreputable people who don't know what they're doing with your electronics.

Sorry for using the 'm word'. I'm open to getting a Japanese PS2, but those prices are pretty expensive as well. I check Craigslist once in a while as well. Oh well, the search continues... (And my legit imports remain unplayed...)

bread's done
Back