PS2 on Two TV's???

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
How could I get the PS2 to output on to two TV's?

1st) TV being HDTV so it will need component cables.

2nd) TV can either take take composite or S-video.

Any ideas how I can do this.

Thanks!

And why would you want to do that? Well, I'd think you'd need a splitter, but then again, you're TV inputs are different so I don't know how that's gonna work.

i have a few systems, DVD player, couple steroes, and 2 TVs. i basically have lots of wires and splitters and a couple switch boxes and most of my stuff can be played on either/or both TVs at once.

i was bored one afternoon.....

but to answer your question, i got around most of it by getting S-video cables. you plug the cable into your PS2, then on the other end you plug the S-video plug into one TV that supports it, and then you plug the composite yellow video plug from the same cable into the 2nd TV. voila. now you just gotta put the sound somewhere...it's only gonna go into 1 unless you split it.

I had to do the same thing when I wanted my PS2 on my HDTV, but I also wanted it hooked up to a smaller nearby TV to play lightgun games. The PS2 Sony-brand composite/S-video AV adapter that came with my PS2 also had another AV Multi Out port on the end - the same port that's on the back of the PS2. So you can daisy-chain another AV adapter off of it - in my case, I have component output AV adapter coming off of it.

Oh yeah, audio isn't a problem either if you're using the optical out on the back of the PS2. I've got the optical out running to the receiver associated with the HDTV, and the composite stereo out on the AV adapter running to the TV connected to the S-video out.

Those must be some rat nests you guys have. I hate me wires. Had an AV guy install this nifty little wire thingy on our systems last time he was here.

[quote name='PUN1SHER'] The PS2 Sony-brand composite/S-video AV adapter that came with my PS2 also had another AV Multi Out port on the end - the same port that's on the back of the PS2. [/quote]

That is exactly what I(will) need.
Do all PS2s come with this type of cable?

I don't have a PS2 yet but my brothers friend wants to sell his for 50 bucks so I have a PS2 just need to pick it up.

If it doesn't have an AV multi out port on the end is there any place that sells these type of cables?

Thanks guys huge help!

A while ago I had all my systems hooked to 2 regular TVs. Two player light gun games on Dreamcast were awesome... each person would just pick a screen and blast away! And the screens were on different sides of the room, so me and my friend would be like back-to-back shotting in different directions... it was awesome. I didn't expect it to actually work.

bread's done
Back