PS2 only $461

Videogame consoles have always been pricey in Brazil. I know the Genesis lasted forever there because it only cost less than $200 10 years after it was released. The Wii was $800 or $900. That's what happens when you have "Free Trade" agreements that favor every country except the US.

Don't most South American countries just bootleg stuff anyways? I'm not sure about Brazil but I hear in Panama it's common to buy an already modded game system from the store itself.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'll be there for the midnight launch![/QUOTE]

yeah i have a feeling you'll be the only one in line with the intent of buying it but good luck with getting 10ft from the store after purchasing one (saying you get that far) :applause:

Most developing countries have a problem with piracy. That's why it took so long for Sony to "officially launch" the PS2 in Brazil. Not sure about the prices though.

[quote name='Default09']Most developing countries have a problem with piracy. That's why it took so long for Sony to "officially launch" the PS2 in Brazil. Not sure about the prices though.[/QUOTE]

Sony launched PS2 in mainland China a long time ago.

It was white and it played only a handful of region-locked games. Nobody brought them. :D

bread's done
Back