ps2 over dial up or no?

benji25

CAG Veteran
can you use your os2over the internet if it is dial up? my geuss is its very slow but i kinda wat to try it. oh well i just want some feedback if i should do it or not. my dad lives in the dark ages still, so no dsl or cable modom but hey at least we have a computer.

That list is kinda weird, it looks like it's got EVERY game on the list because it has Gradius V and I'm pretty certain that's not online...plus it lists it as a FPS. :D

You can play Tribes on dial-up, which is a great game. Though, I can't tell you if it'd be laggy 'cause I play it on broadband.

Only problem with Tony hawk online is that if you;re on 56k you MUST dial up with the modem, you cant internet share with TH unless you're on broad band because GameSpy's network is impatient and gay.

In other words PStwo owners MUST have broadband since they only have the ethernet port and no phone jack.

[quote name='benji25']can you use your os2over the internet if it is dial up? my geuss is its very slow but i kinda wat to try it. oh well i just want some feedback if i should do it or not. my dad lives in the dark ages still, so no dsl or cable modom but hey at least we have a computer.[/quote]

Go ahead and use it, but I doubt that anyone will pick your game up that has a high speed connection. Broadband is the way to go buddy.

[quote name='Alpha2']Only problem with Tony hawk online is that if you;re on 56k you MUST dial up with the modem, you cant internet share with TH unless you're on broad band because GameSpy's network is impatient and gay.

In other words PStwo owners MUST have broadband since they only have the ethernet port and no phone jack.[/quote]
what are you talking about, i used to dial up on my ps2

As I said If you;re playing Tony hawk, yeah there's no problem dialing up but it has to be a direct connection through the PS2 itself.

See i only have one phone line for getting online which I use to play things like Starcraft and City of Heroes on the PC or a couple of other games. I also have FF11 on the PS2 which works fine when I connect it to my computer's 56k modem via a hub so that I can still have a computer with an open connection to check email or something and at the same time internet share with the PS2.

But Gamespy's network dosent work well with this set up, never has and i suspect never will. so anyone with a PStwo and Dial-up would have to have broadband to get into a game since 56k shared connection will just get you a connection time out while trying to join a game. Heck it even happens when I try to join Dawn of War games through Gamespy on my computer.

Anyone have pics of the back of the US version?

Odd though I've heard that many japanese users connect through 56k, maybe they;re using broadband only as a way to force the change?

bread's done
Back