PS2 Price Drops to $99! Amazon is Offering %50 off Select Games

slidewayz88

CAGiversary!
Its Official! the PS2 is now only $99!

As of April 1, "the most popular system in gaming industry history" will be available for purchase for $100. Announcing a price drop on April Fools' Day may make some consumers dubious, but the $30 price drop comes courtesy of an official Sony press release. Unless Sony has developed an obsessively detailed sense of humor, it's for real.

Amazon also has a bunch of games on sale (up to 50% off).

GAME DEALS

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually took advantage of this, my ps3 isn't backwards compaitable and I have really been wanting to play some final fantasy games, plus I never got the chance to play the god of war games. I know I could have found the ps2 cheaper used but in the case of a console I would rather have a new one.

[quote name='tennisfan16']I actually took advantage of this, my ps3 isn't backwards compaitable and I have really been wanting to play some final fantasy games, plus I never got the chance to play the god of war games. I know I could have found the ps2 cheaper used but in the case of a console I would rather have a new one.
iy.gif
[/quote]
You are right, you can find cheaper consoles but its not worth it, I either purchase it new or wait for the price drop.

[quote name='whotheheck']So the singstar bundle did not drop in price? :([/quote]

That's what I'm waiting for as well. I'd like to get a white PS2.

[quote name='Tsukento']Alright, Persona 4 disc--

List Price: $39.99
Our Price:
$36.99
You Save:
$3.00 (8%)

God dammit.[/quote]

I think it was $20 a few weeks ago on amazon.

[quote name='Doomtime']I think it was $20 a few weeks ago on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Deal of the Day with art book for $20.

Nice buy like 2 weeks ago.

This ps2 sale is weaker than the Wii.

[quote name='xycury']Deal of the Day with art book for $20.

Nice buy like 2 weeks ago.

This ps2 sale is weaker than the Wii.[/QUOTE]

It was like $26 right?

[quote name='cerot']It was like $26 right?[/QUOTE]

I think you're right, it wasn't 20.... but it still included the art book.

Ehh, I'll bite on this.
It was like 25.99 or something for p4. So yes it was a pretty nice deal compared to the one they have now lol

I'm pretty sure none of these are actual deals. The only things not at the price they were already offering are the two PS2s~

Hopefully they just haven't lowered the prices yet since these aren't limited deals at all.

P4 was definitely $26, and I bought it at that price. Can't wait to play it!

Wish there were some bigger PS2 deals going on here though :(

[quote name='whotheheck']So the singstar bundle did not drop in price? :([/quote]
From the looks of differences in price, it looks like Amazon's charging MORE for that.

List Price: $119.99
Our Price: $149.99

Confirmed not a deal.
That is PS2 MSRP now and those PS2 game prices are equal or higher to what Amazon has had them listed for months

bread's done
Back