PS2 repaired

If you are experiencing Disc Read Error and you have not modified your PS2 yet, Sony is obliged to repair it for you for free as part of their class action settlement agreement. Check GameFAQs.com's PS2 section for details on this free repair offer and the 1-800 number.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']You can always call support with Sony and ship it to be repaired by them.[/QUOTE]\

How much does that cost? mine doesnt have the warrenty seal!!

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']If you are experiencing Disc Read Error and you have not modified your PS2 yet, Sony is obliged to repair it for you for free as part of their class action settlement agreement. Check GameFAQs.com's PS2 section for details on this free repair offer and the 1-800 number.[/QUOTE]

If we're looking at the same class action suit, you're mistaken. The class action law suit is to fix it for $41, not for free. If you're not afraid to open it up, you can try cleaning the lense and then check out the links I posted in the stickied PS2 fix thread.

[quote name='30189']\

How much does that cost? mine doesnt have the warrenty seal!![/QUOTE]
Don't even think about calling Sony in that case

30189, I recently found a PS2 in the trash area of my apartment complex.. it was not turning on right, so I replaced the power supply and now I have a PS2!

Anyways, what's wrong with yours? Can you describe the problem in as much detail as possible?

[quote name='Haps']30189, I recently found a PS2 in the trash area of my apartment complex.. it was not turning on right, so I replaced the power supply and now I have a PS2!

Anyways, what's wrong with yours? Can you describe the problem in as much detail as possible?[/QUOTE]

When in the browser mode i put a game in the tray then close it, then it opens byitself right after it closes. sometimes when i open the tray for the first time the door wont open all the way

[quote name='30189']When in the browser mode i put a game in the tray then close it, then it opens byitself right after it closes. sometimes when i open the tray for the first time the door wont open all the way[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something might be wrong with the drive motor? I had similar issues with a model 1 Sega CD a few years ago. Never did get it fully functional again.

bread's done
Back