PS2 restriction code

fashoinfightpause

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
i got my older sisters ps2 when she went to vietnam a couple months ago. last week i tried to watch ichi the killer and it asked me for the adult content code. i email my sister and she says that she has no idea and doesn't remember. anyways i was wondering if there is any way to reset the ps2 in order to reset the code or something.

thanks.

Hit select when it asks for the password, then enter 7444, which will clear the code. Then enter the new one.

is there a way to get rid of the parental code thing? everytime i put in a dvd they always ask for it. i always put 0000. well not all dvds ask for it.

[quote name='trunks982']is there a way to get rid of the parental code thing? everytime i put in a dvd they always ask for it. i always put 0000. well not all dvds ask for it.[/quote]

Yeah, there is, but I haven't used mine in so long I cannot remember. I think you go to the menu, and parental controls, or something like that. Or read the PS2 owners manual! :p

You can turn it off in the menu. There's an option under the parental control section. You have to put in a DVD, completely stop playback, then go to the menu and change the setting. The thing is in order to completely stop playback, you have to press or select stop twice. Otherwise the option will be grayed out.

bread's done
Back