PS2 SOCOM w/ Headset $14.99 @ Best Buy YMMV

I wanna get the headset for ps2, is the one included with socom any good? Or am I better off getting the logitech headset for $29.99 (24.99 with ggc)?

Hey quick favor, all the abriviations have me confused can you clarify how to take advantage of this

Thanks so much Outkastx, I went to my local BB in Westwood, Los Angeles and they had the bundle listed as $29.99 but it scanned at $19.99 and with the card i got it for $15! There was about five more left if anyone is in the area.

My local Best Buy had it listed as $39.99 last weekend and not $29.99, so I think this is a YMMV deal for sure. It might've still scanned for $19.99, but I doubted it due to the original price difference.

I couldn't buy it right then and there, anyway, so I didn't check.

Accolades and praise for Outkasx! I got in on this too.

I decided to take the honest approach with the GGC...walked up to the register, and told the two cashiers standing there that I wanted to put five bucks on the GGC, then use those five dollars and the coupon on the back towards the purchase of SOCOM. They just kinda stared blankly as they tried to comprehend what I wanted to do, and then looked at me like I was John Dillinger or something when they figured it out. But I didn't care, I was prepared to put up a fight, and I don't like being devious when I can avoid it.

Anyway, it worked out. Thanks again for the heads-up on this deal.

Atreadon

I just pickup 10 GGC & put $1 each .... then return back to store pickup the title i wanted & use all my $1 GGC & 5 off coupon ;)

Still have 9 coupons left :)

My Receipt is Pretty Long Long Long ;)

Does anyone know what other games I could use with the headset besides EA sports games and Karaoke Revolution. Anybody know if any of the Tony Hawks are compatible with it? I wanna see if any other games in my collection take advantage of it. Thanks in advance.

Just picked up one at my local BB (Wilmington, DE). They didn't have any on the shelves but I asked if they had any in back and they did! Shelf tag clearly labeled at 19.99 too, so I think this is nationwide.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I'd also like to hear a comparison between the two headsets.[/quote]

DONT WASTE MONEY ON PACKAGED IN HEADSETS--GET A LOGITECH ONE

**all tests conducted on version SCH 3000s and SCH 5001 sony models, DSL connections (1.5mb down, 512 up), for all you doubters
1. Official Blue packaging Sony USB headset

pro:
has inline mute and volume ccontrol
sony name for all you sony whores

cons:
sound quality terrible (tested in norrath, madden 2004)!!! most of the time, it was trying to hear him talk with static...and in the 10% where it is good, at the end of his voice, there would be severe distortion.

2. Logitech USB headset

pro:
3 different ear muffs
my friend and all opponents said my voice was crystal clear
THE BEST SOUND QUALITY---friend switched to logitech after i complain i couldnt hear over his crackling, and it was night and day. Sound was much clearer and distortion free coming in.

cons:
a little expensive
no sony name

Well, I picked up the last copy of SOCOM with the headset today. It was either SOCOM and the headset for $15 or the Logitech headset for $25. While the Logitech one looked a lot nicer and I really don't have much interest in playing SOCOM, I don't play online at all and the price was too good to pass up.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Well, I picked up the last copy of SOCOM with the headset today. It was either SOCOM and the headset for $15 or the Logitech headset for $25. While the Logitech one looked a lot nicer and I really don't have much interest in playing SOCOM, I don't play online at all and the price was too good to pass up.[/quote]

unless you made a mistake in your grammer, while on earth do you want this package if you have no interest in Socom, and dont play online at all. hell save, those $15 then

went to my bestbuy-of course they didn't have it, but according to the computer in their store, ever other best buy on ong island had iit- it also comes with the crappy headset that all the reviews i'v see say it dies within a month tops- just wanted socom 1 to have both for less then 20- oh well

Well, I'd like a headset because I'm eventually going to buy Karaoke Revolution and possibly Lifeline. I'll probably play through SOCOM offline, but I really don't have any interest in taking my PS2 online.

yeah, i have been through 2 of the crappy headsets that come with the game. they do break easily, but you can't beat it for the price! Hell, buy the game w/ headset for $15, sell the game by itself on Ebay for $8-10, and you've got an even better deal! of course the Logitech ones are better, but whether or not it is a good value would really depend upon how much you plan to use it.

bread's done
Back