PS2 to PS3 Controller Converter

xgemini87

CAGiversary!
I saw this on ebay for 5 bucks, so I ordered one to see how well it worked...

UPDATE: They work great! If you don't mind having a wired controller and have old PS2 controllers, I suggest these... :D

I tested it playing Modern Warfare 2 and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I assume they work fine with other games as well.

Also of course you won't have SIXAXIS motion controls with these, but controller vibration does work.

PS2 to PS3 Controller Converter

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the specific one you're referring to but I have an adapter that can successfully convert a PS2 controller to work on a PS3. The thing is, no THIRD PARTY PS2 controllers work with the adapter I have but the DualShock2's work pretty fine. The analog on/off switch works as the PS3 home button seen on the DualShock3's. My only gripe about the thing is that there is a slight delay after you press a button--maybe around 1 second but I didn't expect a perfect adapter.

So I got the converter today and tried it out. It actually works great. The analog button on the PS2 controller acts as the PS Button and the vibration in the controller works too. So if you have PS2 controllers lying around... these converters for 5 bucks are a great deal!

Does your adapter have any lag like the guys above does?

I'd kill to be able to use a scph-1180 controller on a PS3, even without rumble.

Well supposedly the guy said his 3rd party controllers don't work, although i didn't test any of those. I just tested a dualshock 2 controller. But yeah it didn't seem to lag at all. It seemed to work pretty fine for me. I just tried it for a short period of time, but it didn't seem to be delayed or anything.

bread's done
Back