PS2 to USB Adaptor

spaceloaf

CAGiversary!
I had a Thrustmaster Dual Analog Firestorm 2, and IMHO, it was an overrated piece of junk. Everyone keeps saying Firestorms are the best, but my firestorm was a shoddily constructed piece of junk. In its 3-year life, both analog sticks broke, the button contact pad shifted, (I fixed these problems repeatedly by opening up the controller) and now, it randomly powers down when I am using it.

I'm sick of dealing with this Thrustmaster piece of crap. By comparison, my PSX dual shock, which is ancient, is in far better condition. Not to mention, I've been far rougher on my PSX controller than I ever was with my Thrustmaster.

So now I'm strongly considering just using my PS2 controller on my PC, via a USB adaptor. I wanted to ask the CAG crew for their experiences with such devices.

Is there a particular brand that you would recommend? Also, I've heard people complaining that configuring the controller buttons is a pain. Is there any reason that I might not want to go down this route?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I have a PS-PC USB converter v5, works pretty good with the stock drivers, I cant remember where I got it though. Or if you have an xbox controller you could get an extension cable and make your own converter.

bread's done
Back