Ps2

quantumcreep

CAG Veteran
I really want to pick myself up a PS2, but can't fathom why I should shell out $130 for such an old system. I really don't want any of that Singstar stuff, so I'm trying to find either a great deal on a bundle, or a new PS2 below 130. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Most TRU's have ps2's for $99. If you look on craigslist they should have used ps2's for real cheap and they usually come with games and a memory card or so.

I know this may sound dumb, and I am new to CAG and buying games in general, but are the prices posted on the website of companies like BB and TRU higher than instore prices then? I just checked the TRU site and they're quoting 129.99. If I go in in person, am I likely to find it cheaper?

[quote name='quantumcreep']I know this may sound dumb, and I am new to CAG and buying games in general, but are the prices posted on the website of companies like BB and TRU higher than instore prices then? I just checked the TRU site and they're quoting 129.99. If I go in in person, am I likely to find it cheaper?[/quote]

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The $99 PS2 at TRU was last month, but the online price stayed at $130-150.

What I did was, I got the Singstar bundle for $130 and sold the game for the difference, then turned around and bought the accessories and such with that. eBay's also a good alternative, but I haven't had too many good experiences buying used electronics/systems and didn't want to pick through and lose a couple dozen auctions trying to get one.

[quote name='joldko']its not that old...they are still making new games for it...[/QUOTE]

it's just under 8 years old... which, regardless of the new games, is pretty old for a videogame console.

bread's done
Back