PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 credit at target in store

Nikasar

Banned
just got an email with some other discounts
fban_PS3_12_18.jpg

LOL with every store battling each others. I have a feeling it is a Sony's move. No way every chain sync up the exact same way.

CCCCCCCCCC-OMBO BREAKER!!

jk. I smell new model coming out or price drop inc for this spring. By new model I just mean a revision change with maybe built in wireless n.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']CCCCCCCCCC-OMBO BREAKER!!

jk. I smell new model coming out or price drop inc for this spring. By new model I just mean a revision change with maybe built in wireless n.[/QUOTE]
I agree with that. They'll probably just make the 250GB the standard model and yes hopefully include wireless N to compete with the Xbox spec wise.

[quote name='dashrendar']wtf? Where were these deals on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you. I was holding out for a PS3 deal on its own, NOBODY did a solo PS3 deal on BF (which I assumed would be the best deals of the year), and I ended up paying $299 for a bundle on BF.

Of course, NOW I could have gotten a PS3 for the equivalent of $200 and not ended up buying a bunch of extra games etc that I had no use for. Why did all these places wait until now to do this PS3 deal? Dammnit.

[quote name='CENNY']Yes, thank you. I was holding out for a PS3 deal on its own, NOBODY did a solo PS3 deal on BF (which I assumed would be the best deals of the year), and I ended up paying $299 for a bundle on BF.

Of course, NOW I could have gotten a PS3 for the equivalent of $200 and not ended up buying a bunch of extra games etc that I had no use for. Why did all these places wait until now to do this PS3 deal? Dammnit.[/QUOTE]
Because if they didn't top their Black Friday sales, no one would be going crazy for these deals.

Maybe. All I know is that if I hadn't jumped on the BF deal, then NONE of these stores would be doing this $100 credit deal and right now I would be wishing that I had ordered that BF bundle. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Gotta love CAG, fed the twins at 6 - logged on an saw this thread, headed down at 8 and picked up a bundle. Thanks so much for the post.

[quote name='loomis1975']Does Target have any bundles with games that this works on?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think so but not positive. I think Target had the Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 + Prince of Persia movie bundle if they have any leftover from Black Friday. And maybe a Toy Story 3 bundle which stupidly did not include the Toy Story 3 movie?

Edit: I checked their site and those are the bundles but online theyre $350 now. So I dunno but someone above just posted they got a bundle.

Ok, so I just bought one 2 weeks ago when they had the free controller and $20 PSN card. I would rather get the $100 GC because I don't need an extra controller but do you think I could just go back with the controller, $20 card, and my receipt or do I have to bring everything back. Kind a like return/rebuy.

With my Christmas $$$ from the parents, I picked up the 160gb Black Friday bundle (with SW:Force Unleashed 2 + Prince of Persia blu-ray), and that came with the $100 GC, BUT...I had them check on the 250gb Toy Story bundle, but that was NOT part of the promotion (as I would've preferred that one, but beggars can't be choosers). Not vary many of the Targets around the St. Louis area have the BF bundles left (that I've seen, unless they were hiding 'em for this 2-day sale (today/tomorrow).

Just got back with the BF star wars bundle and 100 gift card. Sure am glad I traded my old hot 20 GB PS3 to gamestop for 200 dollar credit a few months back. Thanks OP

[quote name='jr1016']Ok, so I just bought one 2 weeks ago when they had the free controller and $20 PSN card. I would rather get the $100 GC because I don't need an extra controller but do you think I could just go back with the controller, $20 card, and my receipt or do I have to bring everything back. Kind a like return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

That's what they did at the bestbuy I was at earlier today, just by receipt. They did it by the order number in my case but same deal. I'm not sure if the serial number is on the receipt but I needed that as well, had to call home and they unplugged it and took a pic of the serial number and sent it to me.

[quote name='hollowfreak']That's what they did at the bestbuy I was at earlier today, just by receipt. They did it by the order number in my case but same deal. I'm not sure if the serial number is on the receipt but I needed that as well, had to call home and they unplugged it and took a pic of the serial number and sent it to me.[/QUOTE]
Ya I'll try it with just the receipt and the controller/psn card. I already have the PS3 all wrapped up under the tree.

The Fargo, ND Best Buy said it was a scam. They also said they can't match gift cards, which is a lie, because it says so on their own website. Has anyone else had any trouble?

[quote name='CENNY']Yes, thank you. I was holding out for a PS3 deal on its own, NOBODY did a solo PS3 deal on BF (which I assumed would be the best deals of the year), and I ended up paying $299 for a bundle on BF.

Of course, NOW I could have gotten a PS3 for the equivalent of $200 and not ended up buying a bunch of extra games etc that I had no use for. Why did all these places wait until now to do this PS3 deal? Dammnit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the Amazon bundle because it came with Uncharted 2 GOTY and $25 credit (don't really care about Karate Kid and Pixel Junk) but even paying retail for Uncharted 2 it essentially comes out to $75 worth of extras.

Used my wife's GC with $64 left and grabbed one. Gave her the $100 GC for her trouble and will sell the PS3 at cost.

I picked up one of the holiday bundles today for $320 after tax with 100 gc. I asked a customer service rep to look in the back for one because I didnt see it under the price tag in the case. He couldnt find it in the back, but when he opened the case the 160gb ps3s all had the extra game and movie. I would have liked the walmart bundle better but I couldnt find one so this will do.

[quote name='zane_7849']Will this deal just be valid 12/19/10 ? or all week/weekend?[/QUOTE]

This is actually still going on today, the guys at the electronics dept. didn't know about the deal so I had to go to cust. dept. to verify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet deal, finally I'm a PS3 owner. Picked up the 160GB bundle with Force Unleashed II and Prince of Persia Blu-ray + $100 GC. $318 with tax. With many retailers running this $100 GC promo I wonder if we'll be seeing a price drop or new bundle soon...

Thanks OP, pulled the trigger on this for the holiday bundle with star wars II and prince of persia. Also used the get $15 coupon with $150 purchase.

Really wanting a PS3 by the time Dead Space 2 comes out however that isn't very likely to happen. Way too many great games coming out this year. Not to mention ones that I've missed out on.

[quote name='jr1016']Ya I'll try it with just the receipt and the controller/psn card. I already have the PS3 all wrapped up under the tree.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm curious about what your results are.

[quote name='markoslav']I picked up one of the holiday bundles today for $320 after tax with 100 gc. I asked a customer service rep to look in the back for one because I didnt see it under the price tag in the case. He couldnt find it in the back, but when he opened the case the 160gb ps3s all had the extra game and movie. I would have liked the walmart bundle better but I couldnt find one so this will do.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that the base 160gb PS3 will include PoP & SWFU 2 even if there isn't a sticker on the outside of the box saying it includes those things?

Also does anyone know when this deal is over?

[quote name='chuckx47']I'm in the same boat as you. I'm curious about what your results are.[/QUOTE]
I had to return everything at cust. serv. then buy a new one at the electronics dept. For some reason they can't do a return/rebuy with the same console.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Bestbuy giftcards are better at getting jacked.[/QUOTE]
Not if you use it wisely... Lost Planet 2 for $10? DSi XL Mario edition for $169.99 with $30 GC back? And their new release movie prices are pretty darn good. I don't like BB, but it sure beats nothing to browse :)

I think CAG or any other deal sites should stop with the "no tax" thing. It's not exactly saving because you're supposed to report the purchase when you file taxes... I'm only mentioning this because I know people going to defend the Amazon deal by saying "no tax, better deal." You don't want to pay taxes, that's your problem, but saying it's a better deal because no tax? It's just wrong...

bread's done
Back