PS3 160GB COD: Black Ops Bundle Spotted at Target

nuzebe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Guy said it wasn't supposed to be out on floor yet. 299.99 for 160gb bundle.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here's a pic of the bundle. It comes with a code for First Strike:

blakops.jpg

source[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are interested the DPCI is 207-23-0018 and is released Tuesday 5/24/11.

Not sure if it works with the $60 GC or not.

Holy **** if you could get this to work with the $60 GC and $100 GC. I honestly can't see why it wouldn't, considering people are having no trouble getting the two GC offers to work.

Sure, it's $300 up front, still. But you'd be getting a $520 value/ $220 in bonuses.

[quote name='mattcube64']Holy **** if you could get this to work with the $60 GC and $100 GC. I honestly can't see why it wouldn't, considering people are having no trouble getting the two GC offers to work.

Sure, it's $300 up front, still. But you'd be getting a $520 value/ $220 in bonuses.[/QUOTE]

The game is around $40 and the DLC is $15.

What are the other $1XX in bonus???

[quote name='nuzebe']Guy said it wasn't supposed to be out on floor yet. 299.99 for 160gb bundle.[/QUOTE]

ya. i also bought some random dvd and got the 100 GC offer. I should note to people however, because I wasn't aware til i did it that to get the coupon it looks like you have to make the entertainment "purchase" at the main checkout and NOT the entertainment section. I don't think the entertainment section register had the coupon printer. Also noticed Battlefield BC2 for 19.99 clearance for 360 along with some discounted 250 gig ps3 bundles.

Also forgot to add, my bet is they drop the price around E3 to 249.99 for the new bundle. which would make sense considering the way the GC discounts are working. a cut to 199.99 seems WAY extreme.

The $100GC coupon should work. The $60 promo is until Saturday May 28th, so don't look for the $60 if it's not released until Tuesday. You could try your luck and wait till E3, as the $100GC coupons seem to be Expiring on 6-18-11.

CHECK THE DATE ON YOURS.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The $100GC coupon should work. The $60 promo is until Saturday May 28th, so don't look for the $60 if it's not released until Tuesday. [/QUOTE]

Uhh, tomorrow is Tuesday. It should work fine.
Damn it, I just bought the standard 160gb system. I'll try an exchange tomorrow, if that doesn't work for some reason I'll get another coupon(I hope) and try again, returning the one I got today.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The $100GC coupon should work. The $60 promo is until Saturday May 28th, so don't look for the $60 if it's not released until Tuesday. You could try your luck and wait till E3, as the $100GC coupons seem to be Expiring on 6-18-11.

CHECK THE DATE ON YOURS.[/QUOTE]

2nd post claims bundle's official release should be tomorrow, the 24th.

So:

Bundle: $299.99 (available beginning the 24th)

$100 Giftcard - coupon prints at register for an entertainment purchase

$60 Giftcard - buying the PS3 this week gets you this, according to ad

[quote name='kitsunisan']Uhh, tomorrow is Tuesday. It should work fine.
Damn it, I just bought the standard 160gb system. I'll try an exchange tomorrow, if that doesn't work for some reason I'll get another coupon(I hope) and try again, returning the one I got today.[/QUOTE]

OMG! WTF! :drool: Excuse me as I smack my self down, pick my self up, and smack my self down, AGAIN!!!!!!!! :hot:

All the excitement, I think I'm thinking it's Friday or something! Thanks for waking me up!!!!!

Oh, and Good Luck on your return/rebuy! Do it FAST! As FAST as you can! That bundle will be in the wind!

Black Ops? Shouldnt this have been released this past November then? Is CoD even relevant anymore? They've already started the hype machine for MW3 but we all know CoD is screwed.

[quote name='Reaperain']Black Ops? Shouldnt this have been released this past November then? Is CoD even relevant anymore? They've already started the hype machine for MW3 but we all know CoD is screwed.[/QUOTE]

It's not screwed...pretty much its name will keep it afloat it for a while.

am i the only one who sees how ridiculous it is that people buy these map packs $15 a pop!?! to spend $30(!!) on DLC is nuts for a game that cost 60 bucks brand new in the first place! Although all those same people buy the $150 collector bundles too so i digress.

[quote name='nuzebe']am i the only one who sees how ridiculous it is that people buy these map packs $15 a pop!?! to spend $30(!!) on DLC is nuts for a game that cost 60 bucks brand new in the first place! Although all those same people buy the $150 collector bundles too so i digress.[/QUOTE]

I have over 5 days of playtime in black ops.

I have more than gotten my money's worth of the game and map pack. Tell me where else I can get entertainment for 63 cents per hour.

I hope this won't be the new SKU we were expecting to go along with the price drop rumors. While a good deal since the game is $60 and $15 for the map pack, I'd like something come E3 that would only require me to pay $200 to $250 out of pocket. I'm not really sure I want Black Ops when Modern Warfare 3's trailer just got leaked. Maybe the non-bundles will get a price drop, but then this Black Ops bundle looks even better. Oh how you confuse me Sony...

Off topic: You know, we never got a Modern Warfare 2 GOTY. I know even with MW1 the GOTY only included the maps for a limited time, but we never got anything like that this time around. Guess it's late for it. Maybe it was because of things going sour between Activision and Infinity Ward, but they still are making MW3...

[quote name='nuzebe']am i the only one who sees how ridiculous it is that people buy these map packs $15 a pop!?! to spend $30(!!) on DLC is nuts for a game that cost 60 bucks brand new in the first place! Although all those same people buy the $150 collector bundles too so i digress.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, it is crazy that they charge $15 for a map pack addon (that contains maps that were probably ready to be released when the game went gold). I own Blops and refuse to pay $15 for a map pack. I own Modern Warfare 2 as well and refused to pay $15 each for those map packs as well. I have just as much fun (or lack of fun) playing the game without the additional maps.

I guess if you are really into CoD then it is worth it... I dont play it enough to justify paying $30 for a few extra maps. With the $60 I saved from not buying those 4 map packs (MW2 & Blops) I was able to buy another game. :D

[quote name='imacgod']I hope this won't be the new SKU we were expecting to go along with the price drop rumors. While a good deal since the game is $60 and $15 for the map pack, I'd like something come E3 that would only require me to pay $200 to $250 out of pocket. I'm not really sure I want Black Ops when Modern Warfare 3's trailer just got leaked. Maybe the non-bundles will get a price drop, but then this Black Ops bundle looks even better. Oh how you confuse me Sony...

Off topic: You know, we never got a Modern Warfare 2 GOTY. I know even with MW1 the GOTY only included the maps for a limited time, but we never got anything like that this time around. Guess it's late for it. Maybe it was because of things going sour between Activision and Infinity Ward, but they still are making MW3...[/QUOTE]

The reason is probably so the game could maintain a $50 MSRP (I'm serious.), it should have went Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits ages ago. Even MW1's GotY is $30 MSRP apparently despite "running out" of the $10 Mappack codes that made it worth paying the MSRP for it in the first place. Also, I entirely agree with how ridiculous $15 for MPs are, $10 for a MP has always been a stretch for me (I'm looking at you, Reach!). Activision somehow overprices the hell out of COD4-7, but they still make a killing, so it goes on. They need SOMETHING to keep them afloat aside from Blizzard.

Hmm.. something constructive to make this post stay on-topic: Uhh.. Oh!
A Target worker in the other thread said this ->

This should go without saying. We have to scan the PS3 first before the coupon will be accepted. And the system forces us to scan the $60 card after the PS3 is scanned.

I think those may be troll posts on SD trying to discourage others to take advantage of the deal. I sold our last PS3 an hour ago to someone who had the coupon and it still stacked.

The deal should be on for the rest of the week. You can use the coupon on the Black Ops bundle, but it wont come with the advertised $60 gift card. Why? Because Black Ops is still a $60 game. This is why the stack still works. Otherwise, people would prefer to get the superior value in the Black Ops bundle and the regular 299 system wouldn't sell.

^ Just so you know.

[quote name='nuzebe']ya. i also bought some random dvd and got the 100 GC offer. I should note to people however, because I wasn't aware til i did it that to get the coupon it looks like you have to make the entertainment "purchase" at the main checkout and NOT the entertainment section. I don't think the entertainment section register had the coupon printer. Also noticed Battlefield BC2 for 19.99 clearance for 360 along with some discounted 250 gig ps3 bundles.[/QUOTE]

Was that the "Ultimate Edition" of BFBC2? I've been thinking about picking this up recently.

I found one COD Back Ops bundle on the Target shelve today. Tried to buy but the register denied the sell with warning, not for sale untill May 29, which is this Sunday, after $60 gift card promo expired. I red some of you here mentioned release day to be May 24th but what I SAW on the register screen clearly sais NOT TO BE SOLD BEFORE MAY 29th.

[quote name='samusaran226']Was that the "Ultimate Edition" of BFBC2? I've been thinking about picking this up recently.[/QUOTE]

just vanilla brother

[quote name='daminion']I have over 5 days of playtime in black ops.

I have more than gotten my money's worth of the game and map pack. Tell me where else I can get entertainment for 63 cents per hour.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. It is more an issue with the fact that the amount of content for 30 bucks is pretty small compared to the fact you can get whole games for that price. But I have to agree with you that gaming is pretty cost-effective entertainment. I play a lot of hockey and am a lifter and boxer and tend to injure myself in horrific ways and when I do I have to find something to do for entertainment, compared to a night out at a bar or a movie $60 for a game is damn cheap. I mean down here in LA to go out to a movie is easy $25 per person with tickets, and concessions for 2 hours of entertainment. Dive bar is an easy $20 night minimum and if I want to go out somewhere nice I can drop $100 on just drinks for myself.

-Dan

[quote name='Donutkid2222']So does this bundle counter what these months of gift card deals for the PS3 mean no price cut?[/QUOTE]

Cake.

I work at Target and some idiot in the morning put one out. Had to apologize to a customer who looked really upset. Anyway our computers said it's street dated for May 29th meaning you won't be able to get the gift card with it.

[quote name='Donut2922']Gamesharing takes care of the DLC cost argument and I only care about Zombie maps for Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

Stealing makes you cool! No, wait. I meant pathetic.

[quote name='nuzebe']just vanilla brother[/QUOTE]
ah, oh well. is the extra stuff it comes with worth an extra $20ish?

[quote name='bobphone']Stealing makes you cool! No, wait. I meant pathetic.[/QUOTE]

ironically enough, youre on CHEAPassgamer. maybe if dlc wasn't ridiculously overpriced people wouldn't mind actually buying it individually. but i'm sure activision will think of something along the lines of EA and the online pass code to suck PS3 users dry as well.

[quote name='Distrato']I work at Target and some idiot in the morning put one out. Had to apologize to a customer who looked really upset. Anyway our computers said it's street dated for May 29th meaning you won't be able to get the gift card with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was under the impression it was the 24th, in RF aps it has 24th as a start date but if you do punch in the DPCI into the
register it is in fact the 29th.

I was in Target last night and they had the sticker up but the bundles were in the back still. The worker checked and he said its not for sale until May 31st, but after seeing others' reports of it being the 29th he was probably lying or making it up lol

could you guys not buy the regular 160hd bundle now with the double stacked giftcards, then return/rebuy BlOps bundle on sunday? Just thinking out loud, don't shoot me

[quote name='shadowkast']could you guys not buy the regular 160hd bundle now with the double stacked giftcards, then return/rebuy BlOps bundle on sunday? Just thinking out loud, don't shoot me[/QUOTE]

but won't the different sku # not allow an exchange?

With this bundle just being released, does that mean we probably won't get a price drop below $299 at E3? I was hoping for a drop to $249, but it seems like they are phasing out 160GBs and introducing this new bundle for $299. Not sure what they could offer for $249 if their cheapest model is being phased out.

[quote name='domin6']I was in Target last night and they had the sticker up but the bundles were in the back still. The worker checked and he said its not for sale until May 31st, but after seeing others' reports of it being the 29th he was probably lying or making it up lol[/QUOTE]

the 31st, if he knew it was next week would make sense, as most things release on tuesday. I'm pretty the boxes even say that on the sticker on them in the back. but if the computer says the 29th, then it's the 29th.

[quote name='shadowkast']could you guys not buy the regular 160hd bundle now with the double stacked giftcards, then return/rebuy BlOps bundle on sunday? Just thinking out loud, don't shoot me[/QUOTE]

forums are so dangerous these days. :lol:

[quote name='dpatel']With this bundle just being released, does that mean we probably won't get a price drop below $299 at E3? I was hoping for a drop to $249, but it seems like they are phasing out 160GBs and introducing this new bundle for $299. Not sure what they could offer for $249 if their cheapest model is being phased out.[/QUOTE]

This too is my only concern. These GameStop and Target (and now Best Buy) deals are all excellent, but I was thinking I could hold out. But this Black Ops bundle throws my calculations off! I was hoping for the worst case scenario be a $50 drop and maybe a free game and/or larger HD's. Now I'm not sure if I can even get that. :cry:

The possible silver-lining is that we can probably expect to see more free gift card deals. And hopefully Target's initial $60 gift card deal will mean bigger gift card deals in the future.

bread's done
Back