PS3 160gb slim and 250gb super slim on sale at BB

Wasn't it only 20 or 30 dollars off?

Two hours is a looong drive for such small savings. My lazy ass would need the thing to be damn near free for me to drive two hours.

The farthest I drove to pick anything up in recent memory was 45 min. I ordered an LED TV a few years ago from BB and they didn't actually have one in inventory even though I was charged. So I had to drive to my 4th closest BB location a little bit out of town and pick it up there.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Wasn't it only 20 or 30 dollars off?

Two hours is a looong drive for such small savings. My lazy ass would need the thing to be damn near free for me to drive two hours.

The farthest I drove to pick anything up in recent memory was 45 min. I ordered an LED TV a few years ago from BB and they didn't actually have one in inventory even though I was charged. So I had to drive to my 4th closest BB location a little bit out of town and pick it up there.[/QUOTE]

It was definitely worth it though. I was able to spend quality time with my family which is a win in my books. If those certificates weren't going to expire, I wouldn't have picked up the console.

[quote name='Abear21']
I really don't care about looks as when I'm enjoying a game it doesn't matter. I'm going super slim as size is an issue, but I think I read in the posts that it does AND doesn't run hot..this is my only concern, anybody else having heat issues w the super slim?[/QUOTE]

No heat issue and other people I know that has it had no heat issues either. Thing is quiet and doesn't get hot for me. Beats my Phat PS3 that's for sure. I have zero complaints about it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Hmm this slim 160GB seems to have vanished form the BB site.....[/QUOTE]

you are right, they are probably clearance it out

[quote name='Derrick1979']Hmm this slim 160GB seems to have vanished form the BB site.....[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. That model and all the refurbished models are gone. Just the other day I went to my Best Buy and there was a stack of about 15-20 of these 160GB models. Wonder if they're still there..

[quote name='gldoorii']Wow, you're right. That model and all the refurbished models are gone. Just the other day I went to my Best Buy and there was a stack of about 15-20 of these 160GB models. Wonder if they're still there..[/QUOTE]
when bb removes item from their page, i most likely indicates it will not be available any longer.

[quote name='bludd']I think that's like a 2nd generation one where they took out backwards compatibility and sd slots in favor for just 2 usb ports. They had the 40gb and 80gb varieties at the time, I bought a 40gb in 2008 which got the ylod about half a year ago. Most people just call it the fat PS3.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother fixing the fat if it broke. I did reballl fix on it and cost about $150 with shipping and handling and it's broken about 6 months after the repairs. I hardly used it except for the 30 hour burn in process and maybe a netflix movie or show a week so it's pretty disappointing to say the least. The repair did come with a 2 year warranty but you need to pay shipping each time it breaks to them so it's around $20-$30 on top so I'm up to about $180 into this dead system when I could have just bought a new one. Just let it go when it dies. :p[/QUOTE]

Ya, wouldn't that be the phat 40 gig version? That's what I got. The 80 gig one had some backwards compatibility and didn't come with the dual shock I think.

So if bestbuy removed the 160 GB from website , is it possible that they are in clearance at stores? I may have to check my local bestbuy, they still had some last week

Last night I checked how warm our superslim gets. It does put some heat out of the vent, but nothing outrageous. The case is a little warm at the vent too. It seems pretty normal levels of heat. I can't compare to the other models, though, as this is our first.

[quote name='tekron']i have a feeling the standard price of the super slim will be 199 by the end of Q1 2013[/QUOTE]

It's a possibility. I also have a feeling that the new PlayStation will come out later this year. From the rumors, it doesn't look like it's going to be BC so I know I'm not going to get one at launch. There's so much uncertainty regarding the two new consoles...

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']No heat issue and other people I know that has it had no heat issues either. Thing is quiet and doesn't get hot for me. Beats my Phat PS3 that's for sure. I have zero complaints about it.[/QUOTE]

To be fair. I recall lots of people saying that about the PS3 slim as well, and the regular slim to me gets pretty damn hot. I don't know if the original fat PS3 was an inferno or what, but people were saying the slim was such a huge improvement over the original fat PS3 and yet I was surprised at how piping hot it would get (compared to every gaming system I'd owned in the past, and my laptop).

For a 3rd generation PS3, I would almost want it to be "Wii"-like. Where not only is heat not an "issue", but basically there is no discernible heat at all (or at most just "warmth" to it, which is about what my laptop is like if I do some gaming on it... but at idle or web browsng my laptop is 100% cool to the touch).

off topic anyone with a super slim find a way to stop the disk from spinning while the disk tray is closed??Besides opening the sliding door..so its not so loud at idle???

[quote name='bizzy74']off topic anyone with a super slim find a way to stop the disk from spinning while the disk tray is closed??Besides opening the sliding door..so its not so loud at idle???[/QUOTE]

Take the disc out?

[quote name='smokeyp31']So if bestbuy removed the 160 GB from website , is it possible that they are in clearance at stores? I may have to check my local bestbuy, they still had some last week[/QUOTE]

I didn't see they were clearanced in store today. The closest BB has both the 160gb Slim and the 250gb Super Slim (Uncharted/Infamous/PS+ month) for $229.99 on sale.

Question about price adjustment, can I do it at any bestbuy store or do I have to go back to the store I bought it from?

[quote name='smokeyp31']Question about price adjustment, can I do it at any bestbuy store or do I have to go back to the store I bought it from?[/QUOTE]

If it's an online order, you have to call the hotline. If you bought it in store, then any store will be able to do the adjustment for you.

[quote name='smokeyp31']Question about price adjustment, can I do it at any bestbuy store or do I have to go back to the store I bought it from?[/QUOTE]

I always try to do in-store pickup cause PMing is over the phone. Even when I pre-order stuff.

bread's done
Back