PS3 160GB Uncharted Bundle @ Dell for $339.99

Just looked up the expiration on that 15% off coupon code. The date says October 31, 2009...makes me wonder if Dell will have the slim PS3 and then use it on that. You would end up paying like $255 for it!

Considering that the slim and this model are functionally identical (for the most part... Linux notwithstanding) and Uncharted is only $30 now, you're basically paying a $10 premium for 40 GB of extra space and PAIN, which isn't too bad.

[quote name='MootPoon817']What does Linux do to PS3?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't do anything *to* it, but you can install and run Linux on a PS3. The slim lacks that feature.

[quote name='mkernan']Considering that the slim and this model are functionally identical (for the most part... Linux notwithstanding) and Uncharted is only $30 now, you're basically paying a $10 premium for 40 GB of extra space and PAIN, which isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

Plus tax for a very large majority of people, which makes it less of a deal...

[quote name='mkernan']Considering that the slim and this model are functionally identical (for the most part... Linux notwithstanding) and Uncharted is only $30 now, you're basically paying a $10 premium for 40 GB of extra space and PAIN, which isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]
True. Also note that the Slim has newer hardware, probably smaller chips. Edit just saw this:

IBM spokespeople revealed that the new PS3s are packing 45-nm cell processors that are 34 percent smaller and drain 40 percent less power from the system.

Before the PS3 Slim was even rumored, rumblings of a chipset swap began to stir in February, which has now manifested itself in the redesigned PS3. In addition to the added power efficiency and space saving design, the 45-nm chipset may also be improving the overall speed of the new PS3. http://gear.ign.com/articles/101/1016520p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a very good deal in my opinion....

From Amazon, I could go buy a 120 GB PS3 Slim for $299.99 and get Uncharted for $26.99 after ECA. Then download Pain off of PSN for $9.99. There would be not tax and no shipping charges so the total would be $336.97 (if you didn't want Pain, you could also save an additional $9.99 by not getting the bundle).

Then if you wanted, you could take the $30 that was saved in tax along with an additional $30, I could go to NewEgg and pick up a 320 GB HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like my $599 launch ps3, just sayin'... just sayin'.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='GoodOlBoyy01']Just looked up the expiration on that 15% off coupon code. The date says October 31, 2009...makes me wonder if Dell will have the slim PS3 and then use it on that. You would end up paying like $255 for it![/QUOTE]

That would be amazing

bread's done
Back