PS3 250 GB Infamous + UC Bundle $199.99 (Amazon)

when I try to add it to my cart it says:

"We're sorry. The item PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

When I go back to the page, it still says its available for backorder tho. tempting lies!

EDIT: okay yeah its gone for good now.

When the thread was made I believe there was only 16 available. I didn't buy any but yea they didn't have much to begin with

Even though the deal is dead, I have mixed emotions about this bundle having grabbed one on BF. The super slim is noticeably louder than my old 60 gb launch model, predominantly from the spinning of the disc, which can be distracting even while a game is being played at full volume ... the worst example has been Heavy Rain, which has quiet moments that are ruined by the constant clicking of th disc. Also, the games included in this bundle all come in cheap paper sleeves, there are no cases as pictured. Just a preference, but I like my games in real cases and this cheapens the bundle. This might sound crazy, but even the controller that comes with this bundle feels cheaper than my original ds3.

If I could trade this model for a slim, I would, but given that this is the cheapest way to get a ps3, I wouldn't pay more for a slim ... just wish the bundle was higher quality ... in this case, it's a good value but you are definitely getting what you pay for.

[quote name='Necrotron']Sounds like a grea....oh, it's gone.[/QUOTE]

As of last week my TRU and Target still had these for $199.99 in-store. Although weekend holiday shoppers might have cleared them out.

Best Buy had a bunch too but they raised the price to $299.99 (not sure if they are supposed to but whatever).

Good overall value though if you can get it for $200

[quote name='GBAstar']As of last week my TRU and Target still had these for $199.99 in-store. Although weekend holiday shoppers might have cleared them out.

Best Buy had a bunch too but they raised the price to $299.99 (not sure if they are supposed to but whatever).

Good overall value though if you can get it for $200[/QUOTE]
MSRP is $299.99, they are trying to reel in suckers that didn't want to deal with BF:lol:

I bought one on BF, but had to take it back because it was making a weird high pitch noise. Don't know if it's a flaw or not, so buyer beware.

Someone bought them all to resell, most likely Buybuy. What an awesome country Capitalism creates. ;)

Interesting as I read some reviews that claimed the Super Slim is the quietest PS3 yet.

And perhaps you're not crazy about the controller, because some people posting about the Killzone controller bundle say the controller isn't as rugged as before. Completely believable that Sony would sacrifice something while cost-reducing the DS3. Just look at the Super Slim.

I don't want to have to pay more for a Slim that, on paper, has inferior specs. But I will, as I have paid more to get previous generations of several Sony products that they've ruined.

[quote name='etcrane']Even though the deal is dead, I have mixed emotions about this bundle having grabbed one on BF. The super slim is noticeably louder than my old 60 gb launch model, predominantly from the spinning of the disc, which can be distracting even while a game is being played at full volume ... the worst example has been Heavy Rain, which has quiet moments that are ruined by the constant clicking of th disc. ... This might sound crazy, but even the controller that comes with this bundle feels cheaper than my original ds3.

If I could trade this model for a slim, I would, but given that this is the cheapest way to get a ps3, I wouldn't pay more for a slim ... just wish the bundle was higher quality ... in this case, it's a good value but you are definitely getting what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back