ps3 280 at newegg (refurb - free shpping)

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110039

"Newegg has the refurbished Sony Playstation 3 80GB Gaming Console for $300 - $20 coupon code EMCLVNM28 [Exp 7/27] = $280 with free shipping. Includes a console, internal 2.5" serial ATA 80GB (model PS456XT), built-in Blu-ray player, dualshock 3 wireless controller and power cord, AV cable. "

REFURBISHED

edit, comes with controller

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='danh920']theres a coupon code on bensbargains to get this for $280 as well[/QUOTE]

thanks, updating thread.

[quote name='chibamm']Has anyone ever bought a refurb PS3? I'm seriously considering this one....[/QUOTE]

No, but I had to send my original 60 GB system to Sony for repair (the warranty had just expired), and they claim to have sent me a refurbished one to replace it. I say "claim" because to the naked eye, it seemed like a brand new model. Also (I hope I don't jinx myself), in the 7 plus months that I've had my replacement system, I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

[quote name='choffy21']There is no such thing as a credible rumor. And besides, the rumor you're talking about never says anything about backwards compatibility in the slim.

Here's the rumor right now!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/mole-exclusive-ps3-360-price-drops-coming-this-fall.ars[/QUOTE]

You mean like the rumor about the go? Sony has filed a patent for BC emulation less than a month ago and sources I trust say it’s going to happen. I am not naive enough to know it may not happen, but I believe it enough to hold off buying another PS3 until this holiday season.

I almost want one at this price. I think I'd get this if I had the money, but I don't right now. There's a handful of exclusives that I've been meaning to play, but the console price has always been too high. If I weren't broke right now I'd probably get one.

Also, appears they're sold out!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']No, but I had to send my original 60 GB system to Sony for repair (the warranty had just expired), and they claim to have sent me a refurbished one to replace it. I say "claim" because to the naked eye, it seemed like
clear.gif
a brand new model. Also (I hope I don't jinx myself), in the 7 plus months that I've had my replacement system, I've had no issues whatsoever with it.[/QUOTE]

wow, I hope you won't regret it
because my refurbished broke after a year I played it

Just on a note, the Sony BC patent sounds like its good for any cell processor so the emulator is probably regressive and will work on any PS3; I highly doubt its exclusive to the "slim" if either one comes out.

[quote name='gijames1225']Just on a note, the Sony BC patent sounds like its good for any cell processor so the emulator is probably regressive and will work on any PS3; I highly doubt its exclusive to the "slim" if either one comes out.[/QUOTE]

great point. This will be awsome if it pans out this way.

I got one and so far it's been working fine. Only had it for 3 days but I have played the hell out of it. It looks BRAND new too. No fingerprints anywhere or anything.

bread's done
Back