Ps3 320 gb mw3 bundle 299.99 5-25-2012

PS3-MW3.jpg

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']why can't Sony do like MS and at least make the console a special edition instead of just throwing in a game?[/QUOTE]

Sony execs are stupid.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']why can't Sony do like MS and at least make the console a special edition instead of just throwing in a game?[/QUOTE]

When the 360 launched their MW3 bundle it had an MSRP of $400. Sony is simply skipping the custom paint job and including only one controller (as opposed to the 360 bundle which had two) in order to keep the price down.

Perhaps because they realize that people may want the game but don't want to be stuck with a specific design on their console? For instance, I'm interested in this bundle but don't want my console with a permanent MW3 design. When you put a specific design on a console, you are really doing it for a small percentage of fans, those who are huge fans of that specific game.

There's always skins. You can make your console look like just about anything

Idk why sonys "special" edition consoles come out in orher countries mostly japan and not the usa. I do understand sonys a japanese brand And i like the black console better anyway(my opinion) but i think people would appreciate the option

Also, I don't think these Limited Edition 360 Bundles sell as well as maybe some people think. In fact, they often have to drop the price pretty soon after release to move them. The Star Wars Bundle dropped by 50 recently and still sits on the shelves. I have 3 Best Buys around me and they are still all filled with MW3 and GOW3 bundles for 349.99. Those also dropped 50 bucks from 399 to 349. My Toys R Us still has a few and they have them at 329.99. Because again, a lot of people don't want to commit to one specific design.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hopefully a ps3 price reduction is shown in a few weeks at E3.[/QUOTE]

local mom and pop store now are saying no price drop but package in games but last month they heard 199.99 price drop was going to happen.... so who knows now (maybe it was this bundle they heard about a pack in game

[quote name='dealquest']Special edition consoles are pretty lame, i always go for the original
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

^This. I've owned my latest Elite right before the RE5 bundle launched. Sure I wanted that bundle because of the game, but I was fine with my Elite. I also own a PS3 from 2008...way before the redesign happened. That's another reason why console specific brands don't sell that way is due to the fact that most people already own the specific console way before a "special" one is announced. If those "special" consoles were launch title games then they would have the possibility of selling more units.

I believe there was a Halo, Gow3, MW3, and Star Wars bundle. Am I missing any? I have a question though? If you send one of those consoles in for repair do you get the same one back? Never owned one so I would like to hear some opinions on that.

Not a bad deal but I'd probably get rid of the game since I already have it on 360. I'm in the market for a ps3 but with my massive backlog on 360 I can't really justify it right now. Here's hoping for a reveal of Kingdom Hearts 3 or a small price drop for the ps3($50 would help) at E3 this year :)

[quote name='JP73']. . . people may want the game but don't want to be stuck with a specific design on their console?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has also released "vanilla" special edition consoles (Splinter Cell Conviction) without any special design on the system or controller(s). I personally prefer something unique on an SE console (like the engraved Final Fantasy XIII hard drive).

I need that red PS3, I mean I want it really bad, its already been announced for 2 other countries so I am praying for an announcement at E3. US has really been shafted for special PS3 colors, the only one I know of was the grayish black one other than the regular black.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Maybe its just me but I thought the mw3 Xbox looked pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Me to. Depending on what happens at E3 (price drops and what not) I might just splurge and buy the MW3 or the GOW3, both are pretty damn sexy though I think the GOW3 looks better. I rather spend the money and get a extra controller and a nice console look. It's nice to have a different looking console in the house then the same ole' looking system. I wish Sony took the hint as well.

I personally like limited ed xbox's-ive had the reach and now sold that to get the starwars one.

I Like the look of the paint job on the systems and controls, plus the sounds the xbox makes are pretty neat too.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Microsoft has also released "vanilla" special edition consoles (Splinter Cell Conviction) without any special design on the system or controller(s). I personally prefer something unique on an SE console (like the engraved Final Fantasy XIII hard drive).[/QUOTE]

I actually swapped my Pro out for the Splinter Cell Conviction bundle. It was a pretty sweet deal IMO.

So lame. Wasn't the Uncharted 3 bundle $250 at one point? And if you check Amazon Warehouse often enough you can get one for about $225.

Some pissy mostly nonsensical ranting...
PS3 and Vita are awesome devices but sometimes I really wish they weren't made by Sony. I swear they must be run by a bunch of monkeys. Sony is too greedy and overpriced and make everything proprietary and are seemingly out of touch with the present (and so the future) and they just dont seem to learn a fucking thing. If they dont get with it they're going to get run over by MS/Apple/Valve/whoever the hell else gets in on this in the future.

[quote name='JP73']Also, I don't think these Limited Edition 360 Bundles sell as well as maybe some people think. In fact, they often have to drop the price pretty soon after release to move them. The Star Wars Bundle dropped by 50 recently and still sits on the shelves. I have 3 Best Buys around me and they are still all filled with MW3 and GOW3 bundles for 349.99. Those also dropped 50 bucks from 399 to 349. My Toys R Us still has a few and they have them at 329.99. Because again, a lot of people don't want to commit to one specific design.[/QUOTE]

Some people want them, but not enough people actually buy them. MS knows they're taking a loss on these special editions but they write it off as marketing. All the stores around me still have the MW3 and GoW3 consoles. Even though not as special, I saw the FFXIII one a couple of months ago too.

Ok so my launch 20gb just died yesterday and I, for the first time since the launch of the PS3, am in search mode for a new one.

Are there any deals out there? To me I'd rather get the 160gb for $50 less than this...but trying to figure out if there are better deals out there.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Now.

pink-playstation-3_small.jpg
[/QUOTE]

want.

wonder if I can sell my 60GB and get a slim + ps2? hmm... I need that PS2, can't give up my PS2 games.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Now.

pink-playstation-3_small.jpg
[/QUOTE]

fucking sexy as hell.

I'm a big Dan Hibiki fan, so this would be great for the house. I'd buy a PS3 if that was released here!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'] I personally prefer something unique on an SE console (like the engraved Final Fantasy XIII hard drive).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']thumb down. They should at least have a different color console like they did with metal gear[/QUOTE]

I agree there's so so many ways Sony could've promoted these along with their 1st party stuff to really increase sales. There's no reason the current Uncharted bundle shouldn't have either included the UC double pack or a voucher for it. Same goes with the GOW3 bundle. Add color to the console, games, PS+ & 2 controllers for $50 more people would buy it. T
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285148
If they had excess of these around the holidays these would be the 1st ones gone b/c of the extras so no need to clearance them out.

To add my two cents to this conversation the reason why, the gaming companies release special edition consoles to the Japanese is because they're willing to buy more than one of the same console. That's the way I heard it a few years back.

Come on price drop, Gamestop jumped the gun last year with the move price drops before other retailers did a similar sale. They already did a PS3 sale at $200 a few weeks ago, hopefully they are on the ball with predictions again this year. I need to replace my ylod ps3 but not in a rush so I can waits!

[quote name='bludd']Come on price drop, Gamestop jumped the gun last year with the move price drops before other retailers did a similar sale. They already did a PS3 sale at $200 a few weeks ago, hopefully they are on the ball with predictions again this year. I need to replace my ylod ps3 but not in a rush so I can waits![/QUOTE]

$200 PS3? Where?

[quote name='bassec']$200 PS3? Where?[/QUOTE]
It was a few weeks ago at gamestop, they also gave you a choice of 2 games. Arkham City or Mortal Kombat(I think).

Edit: Here is the deal thread.

bread's done
Back