PS3/360 Dark Souls CE pre-order $49.99 @ Newegg w/ free 3 day shipping

As much as I would love to pre-order from NewEgg...I will have to pass.

This is a great deal by all means. Its $10 cheaper, no tax for me, and free shipping. But their record for pre-orders has been garbage for me.

I preordered with them several times on different games (Mainly NISA, Atlus, and KOEI Games) and each time they got cancelled at the last minute due to back-order. >__<

Course I am not at all saying NewEgg is horrible. (Far from it! They are great for everything else including games that are NOT on pre-order) Though I am tired of getting my pre-ordered games cancelled last minute and me scrambling to find it somewhere else.

STRANGE!

when i first added the game to my shopping cart, i get a message saying that it has been removed due to no quantity/stock. but i was able to add it for a second time..

i hope it doesnt get cancelled... so ill keep this preorder and my amazon preoder.. cancel this one if amazon price matches

and to that guy who couldnt get it to work, you need to be a customer to use the promo code

edit: i mean you need to open an account

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordering one just in case.. I have Amazon locked at $55 and hoping they will put credit promo on it before it releases.

It's the cheapest you can find... But I heard that the steelbook case is now in question? This sucks... Demon's Soul is so cheap right now, it's going to be the same for Dark Souls as well. I only did it for the automatic CE upgrade, but from what I read so far, the CE is getting less attractive.

Is this game even good? I'd rather save my money for Skyrim to be honest. I'll figure it out later today.

[quote name='karyadi']Is this game even good? I'd rather save my money for Skyrim to be honest. I'll figure it out later today.[/QUOTE]

If the first game is any indication it will be amazing. I put 150hrs into Demons Souls.

...and there goes my last Gamestop pre-order. Sweet deal - thanks OP!

Personally speaking, I was ready to throw down $60 for the regular edition considering how much I enjoyed Demon's Souls and wanting to support the developer. Any CE perks or pre-order deals are strictly a bonus IMO.

Maybe a little off-topic, but where is the best places to pre-order? I have some pre-orders in Gamestop but I'm thinking of canceling. Any idea? PM would be nice. Also this game sorta seems like my type. I'll have to borrow Demon's Souls from a friend first.

Thanks op! Newegg has had some great pre-order deals lately. However, I'm a little worried by RedEagleEX's comment, so I'll keep my Amazon order open for now.

Can't wait for this game!

I ordered one. Amazon's just not cutting it with deals anymore... nothing good shows up in my Goldbox and they don't even bother giving the 5% discount they used to in the past. This is the 3rd preorder I've moved over to Newegg.

[quote name='Serpentor']It's the cheapest you can find... But I heard that the steelbook case is now in question? This sucks... Demon's Soul is so cheap right now, it's going to be the same for Dark Souls as well. I only did it for the automatic CE upgrade, but from what I read so far, the CE is getting less attractive.[/QUOTE]

Basically, everything is in question since Namco's doing their best to change what they originally claimed was to be included. But one thing's for sure: the guide is no longer a real guide, it's a digital guide... which is likely why I'm going to cancel my preorder but I'm going to wait for now in hopes they go back to a physical guide.

[quote name='Vinny']
Basically, everything is in question since Namco's doing their best to change what they originally claimed was to be included. But one thing's for sure: the guide is no longer a real guide, it's a digital guide... which is likely why I'm going to cancel my preorder but I'm going to wait for now in hopes they go back to a physical guide.[/QUOTE]

Could u give a link to back up this? I may cancel also.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been switching over pretty much all my pre-orders from Amazon to newegg over the last few months. Team Ico Collection, UC3, GeoW3, Rage, and now Dark Souls. I'm wondering if Skyrim will be the next to go, though I suppose I've got to do something with my Amazon credit.

[quote name='BNoyes']Thanks for the heads up. I've been switching over pretty much all my pre-orders from Amazon to newegg over the last few months. Team Ico Collection, UC3, GeoW3, Rage, and now Dark Souls. I'm wondering if Skyrim will be the next to go, though I suppose I've got to do something with my Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

rechargeable batteries, charger? lol

[quote name='karyadi']rechargeable batteries, charger? lol[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. I already have a charger and 8 batteries, but if I've learned anything it is that you can never have too many rechargeable batteries.

Preordered. I think this is the best deal you're going to get for the CE, unless Kmart gets its gaming preorder program up and running this or next month, allowing preorders for the CE and giving out gaming coupons in store to those who pick it up (it's already confirmed that there will be a Dark Souls deal). If that happens, I'll be cancelling.

I know this must be asked in every Newegg preorder thread and I do apologize for asking it again, but does Newegg charge before shipping or do they wait like Amazon?

[quote name='Barkwhip']I know this must be asked in every Newegg preorder thread and I do apologize for asking it again, but does Newegg charge before shipping or do they wait like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

they wait

[quote name='6er']Could u give a link to back up this? I may cancel also.[/QUOTE]
From Amazon, mentions videos, soundtrack, and mini-guide are downloadable only. Image still mentions a metal case, but the official website preparetodie.com does not and it is more ambiguous (AKA false advertising) about the physicality of the guide.

I plan on hanging on to my preorder until it is confirmed there is a physical guide or Amazon offers a good credit deal, otherwise I'm canceling.

i have two $10 credits applied to dark souls on amazon. I think if I cancel the pre order they will expire and vanish. Will this happen?

From Amazon, mentions videos, soundtrack, and mini-guide are downloadable only. Image still mentions a metal case, but the official website preparetodie.com does not and it is more ambiguous (AKA false advertising) about the physicality of the guide.

I plan on hanging on to my preorder until it is confirmed there is a physical guide or Amazon offers a good credit deal, otherwise I'm canceling.

Interesting that they show a book AND say available for download......

[quote name='6er']Interesting that they show a book AND say available for download......[/QUOTE]

They're referring to the behind the scenes video and perhaps the soundtrack too

[quote name='RedEagleEX']As much as I would love to pre-order from NewEgg...I will have to pass.

This is a great deal by all means. Its $10 cheaper, no tax for me, and free shipping. But their record for pre-orders has been garbage for me.

I preordered with them several times on different games (Mainly NISA, Atlus, and KOEI Games) and each time they got cancelled at the last minute due to back-order. >__<

Course I am not at all saying NewEgg is horrible. (Far from it! They are great for everything else including games that are NOT on pre-order) Though I am tired of getting my pre-ordered games cancelled last minute and me scrambling to find it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I guess I won't pre-order from Newegg, I would rather not go through that if it does end up cancelled.

i did receive a message saying that the order was removed from my cart because its out of stock, though i was able to add it the second time i tried and purchase it without any problems.

im gonna email newegg and ask whats up with that.

Good deal, thanks for the post. This may loosen the blow from the downgraded CE enough for me to keep the game preordered.

I'd almost jump for this, but the tax would bring it out to just under $55, and I snagged it on Amazon for $56.99 a while ago (I think it was in my gold box). If NewEgg didn't charge tax I'd be in. Still, good deal though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're referring to the behind the scenes video and perhaps the soundtrack too[/QUOTE]

Yes which makes it all the more curious. Maybe the * just got in the wrong spot. Seems something was lost in translation. Wish it was a clear message. As in "book shown for display purposes. Actual guide will be digital."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']Yes which makes it all the more curious. Maybe the * just got in the wrong spot. Seems something was lost in translation. Wish they was a clear message. As in "book shown for display purposes. Actually guide will be digital."[/QUOTE]

I figure that probably it but y'know by pulling our strings like this I won't be surprised if some crazy shit like "*Limited Edition metal case will be available for digital download "[Metal Case=Printable metallic looking sleeve] :roll:

So much for a cool collectors edition....

Thanks! Amazon pre-order cancelled

The contents of the CE are still not certain. Here is the CAG thread on it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294361

Here is what I think the CE will include right now, or we are not sure about:
US CE
Game - physical
Artbook - physical
Slipcase - physical, probably cardboard

Soundtrack - digital
Behind The Scenes - digital
Guidebook - Unclear if it will be digital or physical
"Metal Case" - Conflicting information, but it is almost certain that this will not be included

EU CE
Game - physical
Artbook - physical
Slipcase - physical, probably cardboard

Soundtrack - physical (possibly digital)
Behind The Scenes - physical (possibly digital)
Guidebook - digital, confirmed by a UK retailer. Still not confirmed by NB, but even more likely to be digital than the US release
"Metal Case" - Conflicting information, but it is almost certain that this will not be included

Is anyone able to view their order status on the newegg website for preorders? I've preordered 3 games and none of them are showing in order history and when I enter order number nothing comes up.

[quote name='remag']Is anyone able to view their order status on the newegg website for preorders? I've preordered 3 games and none of them are showing in order history and when I enter order number nothing comes up.[/QUOTE]
Click on the preorder status.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']I guess I won't pre-order from Newegg, I would rather not go through that if it does end up cancelled.[/QUOTE]

This is what happened to me 2 different times which puzzles the heck out of me on why this occurs:

1) Pre-order game a few months in advance.
2) Day of Release I get a Email from NewEgg.com that my Ordered has been cancelled do to back order.
3) I check on their site after I get the email and item is IN STOCK!!!!!
4) I email Customer Service asking why did my ordered got cancelled.
5) Customer Service Rep emails me promptly and explains that they may have more pre-orders then what they physically received so it automatically cancelled my pre-rder
6) I replied back asking if I could just re-order it now since the website now says its IN STOCK.
7) I was told "No, item may still be out of stock and that it maybe a place holder for the next shipment they get."

>___< After that, I tried 2 more pre-orders in the future for different games and yet still had the same issues. Though I didn't bother to email them those times to see why as I figured it will be the same response. T__T

Course I probably could blame NISA, Atlus, and KOEI distribution centers for not sending enough to NewEgg. Those are the only games I pre-ordered from NewEgg. I don't really try other publishers since I find better deals at other stores.

after tax, and possibility of cancellation, i'll stick with my $57 release day delivery from amazon. only a few bucks more, but worth it to me

bread's done
Back