PS3/360 SFxT Arcade Fightstick Pro $79.99 at GS stores

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thundarr']Is it possible that someone gutted it for the parts and then returned it?

As for PC issues, I have an iMac that is dual-booted and runs Windows 7 on the other partition and have had no problems at all with the MvC TE stick or the SFIV SE stick (which I will probably mod). First I've heard of problems with these. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the MadCatz sticks at that price and I second the TvC stick being awesome as well!![/QUOTE]

warranty sticker was still on the screw when I checked, for others wanting a SE stick just grab an SE WWE brawl stick and put some sanwa buttons on it, it's actually cheaper than $80 all together

[quote name='CaoPi']warranty sticker was still on the screw when I checked, for others wanting a SE stick just grab an SE WWE brawl stick and put some sanwa buttons on it, it's actually cheaper than $80 all together[/QUOTE]

The WWE Brawlstick is $35 on Amazon and the Sanwa buttons + joystick seem to run $52-$58 on eBay. So while it's an alternative for those who are handy and don't mind having photos of big burly men on their fightsticks, it's not a cheaper option actually.

[quote name='CaoPi']I noticed the sanwa buttons have a different feeling to it on this stick (compared to a TE that is), it's like a hollow feel...ATP mentions this in his review. This guy really hates Ryu and Ken LOL[/QUOTE]

Search on SRK & you can see internal pics of this stick then decide for yourself. Yeah, it does feel slightly more hollow than a TE stick in a bad way. However, the hollow feel in the Hori VLX feels unique in a good way. If the VLX is the Rolls Royce of arcade sticks then I guess the VLX Diamond edition's the Veyron of the arcade stick world, LOL (it's my fav. stick of all time!)! And yes, I think just maybe he doesn't like Ryu & Ken, haha!

[quote name='MSUHitman']That definately sounds like a used one, but if someone returns a fightstick it's supposed to be destroyed and not resold (this happened to the WWE 360 one I was eyeing last year) so I would definately return it within the 30 days if you're not comfortable with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaoPi']I don't know about the being destroyed part. Tournaments and other testings happen, I've literally seen a stick used during events and the manager, cleaned it up put it back in the box and sold it to some customer a few wks later. This was at one of the other local gamestops though.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of any retailer destroying an arcade stick once it's returned. Most I've heard of any retailer doing is reducing the price 5% - 10% like Fry's does with most of their returned merchandise. I suppose I can inquire with a homie that works at GS corporate but he'll probably just laugh in my face for asking that.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']Ok i am in no way an expert on fighting games, i am PRETTY DECENT in MvC series online....not against people who really know what they are doing though. Ive been looking at picking a stick up and there is one near me (ps3) Is it something beneficial if i never really played arcade sticks before to pick up?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bankotsu']Some people will say you need a stick to keep up with the competition. IMO though, it's just preference. You will definitely need to get used to playing with an arcade stick. I been using the stick to redo some of the missions, and practicing the combos I know with my UMvC3 team and slowing getting used to it.

Right now, I'm trying to find a comfortable grip that works for me, and getting used to the distance between buttons.[/QUOTE]

I agree...it's all just personal preference. For me, I prefer arcade sticks because that's what I grew up on back in the day (playing SF & MK at the local 7-11).

[quote name='Bankotsu']Random question. Does anyone have or even tried out the Qanba Q4RAF or Eightarc fusion? Those were the sticks I was looking at before I found this deal. I don't know why, but I just didn't have a problem paying $150 for the Qanba/Fusion since they are dual modded.[/QUOTE]

I've had a Q3 Emp (Empire Tri-Force edition) & a Q4RAF but sold both. I didn't have any issues with them however, I know some have had input issues (PCB-related). Excellent price for a full size all-Sanwa dual-modded stick though. Love the ice blue & translucent red case designs!

[quote name='CaoPi']warranty sticker was still on the screw when I checked, for others wanting a SE stick just grab an SE WWE brawl stick and put some sanwa buttons on it, it's actually cheaper than $80 all together[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Decker']The WWE Brawlstick is $35 on Amazon and the Sanwa buttons + joystick seem to run $52-$58 on eBay. So while it's an alternative for those who are handy and don't mind having photos of big burly men on their fightsticks, it's not a cheaper option actually.[/QUOTE]

I think CaoPi meant cheaper as in, WWE Brawlstick + buttons but no joystick. IMHO, if you're gonna replace the buttons with Sanwa buttons then might as well replace the joystick lever as well but to each their own.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']It's a pretty good stick although I've heard of quality control issues (check the SRK forums). I've used it for a few hours & compared to previous Madcatz all-Sanwa sticks (TE & TE-S), it does feel a bit flimsy as if the plastic's thinner but I didn't open it up to compare & confirm since it wasn't my stick. For that size, I prefer a Hori V3-SA (the new Kai version is very nice!) or even the previous TE/TE-S. Regardless, that's a good price for an all-Sanwa stick considering the parts in there cost ~$50 by themself.

BTW, for those thinking it'll drop down to $30, that'll never happen. This stick isn't in the same league/size as Madcatz other SE/WWE sticks. This is the lowest I've ever seen an all-Sanwa full size stick. If it gets to $60 or less than most peeps will buy it just for replacing Sanwa parts. I know I'd snatch it for $60 just for the Sanwa parts alone & sell the case/shell! For those that know me on this forum, I'm pretty sure you guys & gals know that I know arcade sticks, LOL![/QUOTE]

I know you from SRK, and yeah, I'm pretty shocked they were able to sell them at this price, getting lower? Just not gonna happen.

im getting my stick transfered from a different location. it should arrived at my local gs tomorrow or day after. i hope they still honor the 79.99 price sale.

[quote name='Ketsui']im getting my stick transfered from a different location. it should arrived at my local gs tomorrow or day after. i hope they still honor the 79.99 price sale.[/QUOTE]
The price is on the system, so it should be universal once they scan it.

I went 15 miles to pick mine up today; since these are 15miles in the city it took me ~45min each way.

The cover art for people wondering was the cross design for the PS3 (Woop!). Feels ok heavy, not as heavy as some TE sticks.

I did get pissed that I wanted to use a reservation credit from the ACIII preorder (didn't get my steelbook when I did it, they were sold out) on the stick and the girl said she couldn't because the system does not let them delete per-orders from other stores which I find is a low hit by GS to costumers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Carlanga']
The cover art for people wondering was the cross design like in the GS link (Woop!), so maybe that is the only design they have left or ever sold? Feels ok heavy, not as heavy as some TE sticks.
[/QUOTE]

The cover art in the GS links is the line design for the PS3, cross for 360. I would guess they stocked both. Funny how Amazon sell both designs, but charge more for the cross design.

[quote name='Decker']The cover art in the GS links is the line design for the PS3, cross for 360. I would guess they stocked both. Funny how Amazon sell both designs, but charge more for the cross design.[/QUOTE]

ahh then I guess they do stock both. Mine was the cross design for the PS3. I find the cross design better looking since the line one looks like a kid did the art in PS. (my opinion & taste people)

[quote name='Bankotsu']Random question. Does anyone have or even tried out the Qanba Q4RAF or Eightarc fusion? Those were the sticks I was looking at before I found this deal. I don't know why, but I just didn't have a problem paying $150 for the Qanba/Fusion since they are dual modded.[/QUOTE]

I have friends that have used them & are happy with them.

Just FYI, if you're technically inclined you can get this board for $40 to dual mod a 360 version of the stick. http://www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus

As stated before, this is a super deal for a fightstick. Sanwa parts for $80 is killer.

[quote name='Smashbro29']I know you from SRK, and yeah, I'm pretty shocked they were able to sell them at this price, getting lower? Just not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

What's up?! Is your username on SRK the same as here? I'm too lazy to check, LOL!

Picked one up. Was gonna get persona 4 saw this thread and got the stick instead. I figured id be able to pick up p4a cheap used sooner or later since I heard it didn't sell well. Thanks op

[quote name='CaoPi']hey Nucking Futs? Do you know if there any good 360 to PS3 adapters without lag? Was wondering which one I can buy on ebay. I go to local tournaments sometimes it's mostly PS3 but it's annoying when I got a non dual modded stick, and have to ask to borrow others I'm not used to...

according to SRK forums, I heard the mayflash one was good enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en[/QUOTE]

What's up?! Yeah, I was going to recommend that. Do a search on Youtube for specific instructions before using since (apparently) the included instructions are lacking and/or suck, LOL! FWIW, their Wii-to-PS3 adapter's have received good reviews as well.

[quote name='Ketsui']im getting my stick transfered from a different location. it should arrived at my local gs tomorrow or day after. i hope they still honor the 79.99 price sale.[/QUOTE]
im still waiting for my arcade stick to arrive. its been like 3 weeks and the dickhead manager from the other gs have told me and the other manager 2 fridays in a row, that it has been shipped out. So after all this , i still dont have one but the manager is cool enough to knock out another 20 bucks when it arrives, hopefully, one day.. $60 for a few weeks is not bad, if it arrives..

bread's done
Back